Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC North Division Forum

NFC North Division Forum Discuss the NFC North

Old 09-19-2007, 11:18 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dallas' defense is so incredibly overrated. I've been hearing about how good and young they are for years now and they've never done ****.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 11:29 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Dallas' defense is so incredibly overrated. I've been hearing about how good and young they are for years now and they've never done ****.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 05:26 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
agreed.

they've never been anything more than mediocre.
they have the same hype as eli manning did.
but spread over 9 people, a reformed thug, and a safety who can't cover.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what was that about Detroit's D?

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 02:19 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not only does Detroit have the worst defense in the NFL, they might have the worst defense in the history of the NFL.

Old 09-23-2007, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not only does Detroit have the worst defense in the NFL, they might have the worst defense in the history of the NFL.
second worst! Expansion bucs.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 02:27 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
second worst! Expansion bucs.
Touche....touche.

Old 09-23-2007, 02:34 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Worst Non-Expansion team defense then

Old 09-23-2007, 04:37 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wrong in thinking that our defense wasn't in the bottom five, but that is the most absurd statement I've read in my entire life. I don't see how our defense is any worse than Cleveland's or Buffalo's. I admit after today's performance that we are in the discussion for worst defense, but saying we have the worst defense in the history of the NFL after one freaking game is asinine.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 04:50 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
I wrong in thinking that our defense wasn't in the bottom five, but that is the most absurd statement I've read in my entire life. I don't see how our defense is any worse than Cleveland's or Buffalo's. I admit after today's performance that we are in the discussion for worst defense, but saying we have the worst defense in the history of the NFL after one freaking game is asinine.
It was a joke. I'm sure you're salty after watching the Lions get smacked but really...chill out.

That said...if Detroit isn't the worst D in the league....there's really not much of an argument against that statement. How are the Lions better than anyone else you mentioned? Their D-line is above average, Sims is pretty good, and the rest is below-average to terrible. To say that is "the most absurd statement I've ever read in my entire life" is funny. The difference between the Lions defense and putting absolutely nobody out there was minimal today. The Eagles could have scored 80 points had they not already been up by 3-4 touchdowns the entire game.

Old 09-23-2007, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It was a joke. I'm sure you're salty after watching the Lions get smacked but really...chill out.

That said...if Detroit isn't the worst D in the league....there's really not much of an argument against that statement. How are the Lions better than anyone else you mentioned? Their D-line is above average, Sims is pretty good, and the rest is below-average to terrible. To say that is "the most absurd statement I've ever read in my entire life" is funny. The difference between the Lions defense and putting absolutely nobody out there was minimal today. The Eagles could have scored 80 points had they not already been up by 3-4 touchdowns the entire game.
not true! Brian Westbrook accidentially bumped into a lions defender a bunch of times!

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 10-01-2007, 03:03 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The NFC East looks a lot tougher after that showing today from the Giants. The Cowboys are allowed 1 TD on defense in the past 2 weeks. The Redskins defense is nasty this year. The eagles I would put at average...but still not bad.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 03:05 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Packers have held soap this year on defense. When we stopped the run we couldnt stop the pass and vice versa. We're still playing good D though. Bears have a ton of inujries. Minny struggled against the pass this week, their first week against elite competition

Old 10-01-2007, 11:21 AM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

TacticaLion hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ha.

All of this talk about how horrible the Lions' defense is, yet Griese throws 3 INTs and the Bears get a total of 69 rushing yards.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:06 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
I think w/in 2-3 years the NFC North will be one of the best divisions in football. Vikes, Lions, Pack and Bears have the makings for good offenses, and like you said 3/4 of the teams have good defenses.
I don't know how you can say that. My Lions are faced with the possible jumping of Martz to another HCing position and Kitna is 35 and probably only has one more season before he hangs it up.
The Bears have an aging OL, no decent QB and now appear very average at RB.
GB's offense is built around Favre who is probably gone in 3 years. They also have a weak running game.
Finally, Minny has a suspect HC, and a very suspect QB.

I just don't see any long term potential for the NFC North as far as offense is concerned. We are going to remain near the bottom of divisions unless there is a remarkable increase in talent into the Division especially at QB.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:17 AM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I don't know how you can say that. My Lions are faced with the possible jumping of Martz to another HCing position and Kitna is 35 and probably only has one more season before he hangs it up.
The Bears have an aging OL, no decent QB and now appear very average at RB.
GB's offense is built around Favre who is probably gone in 3 years. They also have a weak running game.
Finally, Minny has a suspect HC, and a very suspect QB.

I just don't see any long term potential for the NFC North as far as offense is concerned. We are going to remain near the bottom of divisions unless there is a remarkable increase in talent into the Division especially at QB.
It's basically impossible to predict how teams will be 3 years from now. With parity and free agency the way it is you can go from zero to hero in a couple years or vice versa.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 01:06 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

TacticaLion hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
It's basically impossible to predict how teams will be 3 years from now. With parity and free agency the way it is you can go from zero to hero in a couple years or vice versa.
It's hard to predict anything in the NFL... but I think IAC has a good point.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:05 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New question: are the Bears still the best defense in the division?

IMO, this year both the Pack and the Vikes have played better

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post

Packers are the best this year, so far.

Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post

If healthy I think the Bears are still the best in the division. Without a doubt.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Packers are the best this year, so far.

Glad to see my lions are bringing up the rear, allowing others to shine.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 10-20-2007, 12:49 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Problem with saying that about the NFC North Defenses is they play each other and the Offenses in that Division suck with the exception of the Lions.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever View Post
Problem with saying that about the NFC North Defenses is they play each other and the Offenses in that Division suck with the exception of the Lions.
You know AD leads the league in rushing, right?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 10-20-2007, 02:01 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Addict, I am not sure what Adrian Peterson has to do with the fact the Offenses in the NFC North stink -- which is why the NFC North Defenses are being over-rated somewhat. But I am sure you will explain.

Bears have no running game and have rotating QBs.
Greenbay has no running game --- unless they play the Bears.
Detroit has no running game.
Minnesota has no passing game or QB.

One example the Bears, stomped by Dallas, Minnesota and Detroit for over 30 points. Where dominated by Greenbay for one half.

Greenbay, does have a good D but what top flight Offense have they played so far? Giants? Eagles? San Diego? All those teams have been hot and cold on Offense. Greenbay has played them all when cold.

Detroit why bother.

Minnesota does stop the run but last in the pass. To boot what good offensive team have they played? Detroit is about as good as it gets. KC, Atl, CHi and GB don't count as quality offenses.

I think AFC South Defenses have something to say in this discussion. Avg Rank 9. 3 in the Top 8. AFC North has two in the top 5.

And if we want to pull out names in those Divisions: McGhee, McNair, Rothlesberger, Hines Ward, Parker, Carson Palmer, TJ, Harrison, Jacksonville's RBs, Peyton Mannig, Chad Johnson, Schaub, A Johnson ..............

NFC North is sadly not very good but getting better. If Chicago can regain form and the rest of the teams keep getting talent (as they have) then maybe next year ....
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever View Post
Addict, I am not sure what Adrian Peterson has to do with the fact the Offenses in the NFC North stink -- which is why the NFC North Defenses are being over-rated somewhat. But I am sure you will explain.

Bears have no running game and have rotating QBs.
Greenbay has no running game --- unless they play the Bears.
Detroit has no running game.
Minnesota has no passing game or QB.

One example the Bears, stomped by Dallas, Minnesota and Detroit for over 30 points. Where dominated by Greenbay for one half.

Greenbay, does have a good D but what top flight Offense have they played so far? Giants? Eagles? San Diego? All those teams have been hot and cold on Offense. Greenbay has played them all when cold.

Detroit why bother.

Minnesota does stop the run but last in the pass. To boot what good offensive team have they played? Detroit is about as good as it gets. KC, Atl, CHi and GB don't count as quality offenses.

I think AFC South Defenses have something to say in this discussion. Avg Rank 9. 3 in the Top 8. AFC North has two in the top 5.

And if we want to pull out names in those Divisions: McGhee, McNair, Rothlesberger, Hines Ward, Parker, Carson Palmer, TJ, Harrison, Jacksonville's RBs, Peyton Mannig, Chad Johnson, Schaub, A Johnson ..............

NFC North is sadly not very good but getting better. If Chicago can regain form and the rest of the teams keep getting talent (as they have) then maybe next year ....
well, you say 'offenses suck' yet the league's leading rusher (which is, if I'm not mistaken, offense) is in our division as well.

But yes, our defenses are overrated, but do keep in mind that the Lions' defense has been mediocre forever, the Bears are injury ravaged more than anything, Packers are still building and that the Vikes are bothered more than anyting by their lack of a pass rush.

I honestly believe the Pack is coming up right now, the Bears just need some more depth, the Vikes are one good pass rusher away and the Lions need some talent and some more defensive drafting.

Right now, they're overrated, but it's definately coming.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC