Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC North Division Forum

NFC North Division Forum Discuss the NFC North

Old 10-20-2007, 02:42 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
Right now, they're overrated, but it's definately coming.
In summary, we agree.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever View Post
In summary, we agree.
yes, I was just saying, the NFL's leading rusher is in our division as well, so our offenses (counting the Lions, in spite of some off-games) aren't all that bad. Bears O isn't very good, but the Packers (in spite of poor rushing) are dangerous offensively.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 03:16 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
yes, I was just saying, the NFL's leading rusher is in our division as well, so our offenses (counting the Lions, in spite of some off-games) aren't all that bad. Bears O isn't very good, but the Packers (in spite of poor rushing) are dangerous offensively.
Not peeing on anyone Cheerios but those O's are all middle to lower end. THe D's are middle to slightly above.

I think those teams, however, are brining in some serious talent. What they need now are quality QB play.
Old 10-20-2007, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Not peeing on anyone Cheerios but those O's are all middle to lower end. THe D's are middle to slightly above.

I think those teams, however, are brining in some serious talent. What they need now are quality QB play.
Packers and Lions both have good quarterback play.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 03:27 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Packers and Lions both have good quarterback play.
maybe me, but other than 38 tear old favre ........ i can name only 1 division with worse qbs ..... afc east, mayne followed ny nfc south.

1 great qb does not make up for 3 uhhhhh ugggggggs
Old 10-20-2007, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Packers are the best this year, so far.

http://i23.tinypic.com/23hvn0m.jpg
Uh, I hate rankings based on yardage. They're a useless measure, go with scoring defense. It's actually credible and speaks to effectiveness.

Scoring defense rankings.
Old 10-20-2007, 05:44 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Greenbay, does have a good D but what top flight Offense have they played so far? Giants? Eagles? San Diego? All those teams have been hot and cold on Offense. Greenbay has played them all when cold.
You could say that about anyone, anytime.

The Cowboys are 5-1 because they played 5 teams that were cold and 1 team that actually showed up.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Uh, I hate rankings based on yardage. They're a useless measure, go with scoring defense. It's actually credible and speaks to effectiveness.

Scoring defense rankings.
Scoring defence has its shortcomings as well. What if your offence is amazing, has the ball most of the time, and always leaves you in good field position?
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 10:59 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
You could say that about anyone, anytime.

The Cowboys are 5-1 because they played 5 teams that were cold and 1 team that actually showed up.
Oh I agree totally. Fans frequently over rate teams based on playing bad competition.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:00 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Scoring defence has its shortcomings as well. What if your offence is amazing, has the ball most of the time, and always leaves you in good field position?
You mean like the New England Patriots Geriatric Defense this year?
Old 10-21-2007, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You mean like the New England Patriots Geriatric Defense this year?
? NE's defense is one of the best in the nfl.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 10-22-2007, 09:43 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
? NE's defense is one of the best in the nfl.
First I was responding to an intelligent conceptual point by pointing out a real data point. New England masking a bad D with a great O.

Remember this was the point made ........

"Originally Posted by Moses Scoring defence has its shortcomings as well. What if your offence is amazing, has the ball most of the time, and always leaves you in good field position?"

So.... yes I think New England's Defense is very over rated. They are playing games up by 14 and 21 points. So much easier to play D when the other team is one dimensional.

Too bad My Cowboys have problems covering. Would have been nice to see the NE Defense have to play that extra 20 minutes.......
Old 10-22-2007, 10:33 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Pats defense is overrated I shudder to think what the Cowboys defense is.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 02:58 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
First I was responding to an intelligent conceptual point by pointing out a real data point. New England masking a bad D with a great O.

Remember this was the point made ........

"Originally Posted by Moses Scoring defence has its shortcomings as well. What if your offence is amazing, has the ball most of the time, and always leaves you in good field position?"

So.... yes I think New England's Defense is very over rated. They are playing games up by 14 and 21 points. So much easier to play D when the other team is one dimensional.

Too bad My Cowboys have problems covering. Would have been nice to see the NE Defense have to play that extra 20 minutes.......
a cowboys fan calling NE's defense overrated...

what's that saying? The coal calling the kettle black?

THE COWBOYS REASON THEY LOST!

"If the game had lasted three days, Brady could have gotten bored and the defense tired and then Romo and his iron lungs would have brought us victory!"

that's great dude, just great.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 10-23-2007, 11:05 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
a cowboys fan calling NE's defense overrated...

what's that saying? The coal calling the kettle black?

THE COWBOYS REASON THEY LOST!

"If the game had lasted three days, Brady could have gotten bored and the defense tired and then Romo and his iron lungs would have brought us victory!"

that's great dude, just great.
I don't think the Cowboy D is over rated at all. We are OK. Not great and not even very good. Most mediots have similar opinions and point out the bad pass D.

So, I do not understand the reaction since I at no point spoke of the Cowboys in a positive light. Nor do I think anyone thinks the Cowboys D is very good.

Regardless, Pats D is over rated IMHO and is a huge beneficiary of that fantastic finesse passing game Brady is leading.

They are Air Belichick!
Old 10-23-2007, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I don't think the Cowboy D is over rated at all. We are OK. Not great and not even very good. Most mediots have similar opinions and point out the bad pass D.

So, I do not understand the reaction since I at no point spoke of the Cowboys in a positive light. Nor do I think anyone thinks the Cowboys D is very good.

Regardless, Pats D is over rated IMHO and is a huge beneficiary of that fantastic finesse passing game Brady is leading.

They are Air Belichick!
true, they depend on their passing game a great deal, and yes they are sligthly overrated, I'll give you that. They're not the rock-solid #1 in the NFL defense and all that.

However I don't think you could say the pass D is that bad. They missed a starting safety in Rodney Harrison, and they've faced some of the best passing offenses (Cinci, Dallas) in the NFL and held their own. Asante Samuel is no bum either.

Dallas D has been enormously hyped (read it back, some people'd make you believe Jesus Christ* plays linebacker for you guys), maybe not by you but you're a Cowboys fan so I assumed, sorry if I was wrong.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 10-30-2007, 10:08 AM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

TacticaLion hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This thread is funny...
Old 10-30-2007, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Detroit's D is picking up. I hear that the secondary problems aren't necessarily talent but just blown assignments which are now being fixed.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 05:47 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Detroit's D is picking up. I hear that the secondary problems aren't necessarily talent but just blown assignments which are now being fixed.
We lack "names", but compensate with solid pressure and great coaching. In the Chicago game, our safeties did a great job of getting over and covering the deep ball... something that didn't happen much in the previous games.

Our D has been impressive this year... if the running game sticks around, we'll continue to surprise.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:06 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticaLion View Post
We lack "names", but compensate with solid pressure and great coaching. In the Chicago game, our safeties did a great job of getting over and covering the deep ball... something that didn't happen much in the previous games.

Our D has been impressive this year... if the running game sticks around, we'll continue to surprise.
hell all we have to do is not get run over to surprise, it's the advantage of being a perennial loser.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 11-04-2007, 05:50 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

This thread gets better and better...
Old 11-06-2007, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticaLion View Post
This thread gets better and better...
why is that?
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 04:49 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
why is that?
Many of the posts in this thread take shots at the Lions' D... when their D has been the best at one of the most important aspects of the game: takeaways.

The DLine has been great, the LBers have been OK and the secondary has played way above expectations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
You look at three out of the four teams, the Lions being the exception, and we have three very deep, very talented defenses in this division.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
It just depends on how you look at it. We're probably the only division that has three very good defenses but the Lions defense is so god awful that collectively I just don't know.
Quote:
IMO The Quality of the other 3 defenses makes up for the lack of defense for the lions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Man, I just don't know... The lions defense is just plain terrible. The other three should be great this season though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804 View Post
Detroit clearly has the worst defense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Not only does Detroit have the worst defense in the NFL, they might have the worst defense in the history of the NFL.

This was said to be a joke...
The ******** humors me.

Last edited by TacticaLion : 11-06-2007 at 04:51 PM.
TacticaLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It reminds me of the 2005 Cincinatti Bengals they lead the league in takeaways but their defense still wasn't that great. Basically what i see is a defense that lives for the Take Away and without the Takeaway they are rather bad. Evidenced by the 21 Touchdowns you have already given up this year... Don't get me Wrong Being oppurtunistic is a good thing, and it's usually a result of good D-line play. But it's not the only thing. I Would still put the lions as the worst defense in the Division.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 07:21 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It reminds me of the 2005 Cincinatti Bengals they lead the league in takeaways but their defense still wasn't that great. Basically what i see is a defense that lives for the Take Away and without the Takeaway they are rather bad. Evidenced by the 21 Touchdowns you have already given up this year... Don't get me Wrong Being oppurtunistic is a good thing, and it's usually a result of good D-line play. But it's not the only thing. I Would still put the lions as the worst defense in the Division.
Wow... the 2005 Bengals went 11-5 with "that defense". I guess "that defense"... the defense built around creating the turnover... must be somewhat effective.

"Without the takeaway they are rather bad." Wow... really? I'm guessing that, if you take passing TDs away from the Patriot's offense, it wouldn't be all that great, would it? If you take away the best part of a unit, it probably wouldn't be all that impressive... but, the point is that the Lions have been forcing many turnovers with a game plan, not luck. Expect the trend to continue.

I still find this thread funny.