Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-14-2007, 03:02 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Demetrius Jones transferring from ND

That's the word.

He didn't really get a chance hopefully he does somewhere else.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:14 PM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.

Northern Illinois is the word on the street.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmitt Smith
Donít quit, donít even quit.
moc182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 03:31 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

I dont blame the kid

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 03:37 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good choice......it's Jimmy's team

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 03:44 PM    (permalink
CARDIAC CAT 7
Rookie

CARDIAC CAT 7 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He didnt look comfortable in that short amount of time he spent playing. He needs a team that opens the field more, smart choice. Wasnt he one of Ty's recruits, not Weis's.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:22 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No he was a Fat Charlie recruit.

Demetrius wanted to go to Illinois with his teammate Chris James who was also a 4* player at the time. He fell in love with Illinois and wanted to commit, but his father told him to research the schools more & take his time.

Juice Williams at the time who is a good friend of both Chris James & Demetrius pulled the trigger and decided to go to Illinois. Demetrius was torn, because he loved Illinois, but wasn't going to compete against his friend. That's when he decided to go to ND.

ND wasn't his first choice - although delusional Domer fans will deny this.

I saw this coming as soon as Jimmy Clausen committed last year.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:47 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
No he was a Fat Charlie recruit.

Demetrius wanted to go to Illinois with his teammate Chris James who was also a 4* player at the time. He fell in love with Illinois and wanted to commit, but his father told him to research the schools more & take his time.

Juice Williams at the time who is a good friend of both Chris James & Demetrius pulled the trigger and decided to go to Illinois. Demetrius was torn, because he loved Illinois, but wasn't going to compete against his friend. That's when he decided to go to ND.

ND wasn't his first choice - although delusional Domer fans will deny this.

I saw this coming as soon as Jimmy Clausen committed last year.
He made his own decision now he has to live with it. If your trying to say Demetrius is anything close to Juice Williams your crazy.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 09-14-2007, 05:28 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
He made his own decision now he has to live with it. If your trying to say Demetrius is anything close to Juice Williams your crazy.
If you're trying to say there's any way of knowing that, you're the crazy one. Juice has been pretty much overrated to this point, and Demetrius hasn't had a real chance to do anything.
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 05:32 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
If you're trying to say there's any way of knowing that, you're the crazy one. Juice has been pretty much overrated to this point, and Demetrius hasn't had a real chance to do anything.
Demetrius is garbage. The only reason he even started the first game is because Clausen was just coming off surgery and he needed more time. I wish him the best of luck at whatever school he goes to.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 09-14-2007, 05:36 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Demetrius is garbage. The only reason he even started the first game is because Clausen was just coming off surgery and he needed more time. I wish him the best of luck at whatever school he goes to.
Why is he garbage? Rivals had him ranked as the #2 dual threat QB, behind only Tebow and ahead of Jevan Snead and Jake Locker. What exactly has he done to make you believe he's garbage? I'm dying to know.

Edit - by the way, here's the Illinois top 30 from 2006: http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=1363. Enjoy.

Sig by jkpigskin
Old 09-14-2007, 05:40 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
Why is he garbage? Rivals had him ranked as the #2 dual threat QB, behind only Tebow and ahead of Jevan Snead and Jake Locker. What exactly has he done to make you believe he's garbage? I'm dying to know.

Edit - by the way, here's the Illinois top 30 from 2006: http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=1363. Enjoy.
Just asking how much of the Notre Dame Georgia Tech game did you watch?

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 09-14-2007, 05:48 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just asking how much of the Notre Dame Georgia Tech game did you watch?
just how much of Juice's first game did you watch? I didn't see Demetrius' first start, but I watched Juice's first and it was hilarious...

but then again how someone does in the first start of their career is a great indicator of how good of a player they are

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 05:50 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
just how much of Juice's first game did you watch? I didn't see Demetrius' first start, but I watched Juice's first and it was hilarious...

but then again how someone does in the first start of their career is a great indicator of how good of a player they are
B-I-N-G-O, and Bingo was his name-oh!

Sig by jkpigskin
Old 09-14-2007, 05:59 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
B-I-N-G-O, and Bingo was his name-oh!
You might say Bingo but that was exactly what I was looking for. So who would you rather have Juice Williams Demetrius Jones, or Jimmy Clausen starting. BINGO

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 09-14-2007, 06:02 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You might say Bingo but that was exactly what I was looking for. So who would you rather have Juice Williams Demetrius Jones, or Jimmy Clausen starting. BINGO
Peyton Manning...umm seriously, I would just line up 2 HBs in the backfield, I hate Juice and Jesus, I mean Jimmy

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 06:14 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Probably Clausen. They're all unproven, what's your point? I'm still waiting for you to tell me how in the hell Demetrius is garbage. Oh wait, you can't.

Here are the numbers on Juice to this point:
Completion percentage: 41%
Yards per passing attempt: 5.7
Yards per rushing attempt: 3.6
Pass TD/Int: 9/10

Now obviously stats don't tell the whole story, but those are pretty doggone awful. Juice has shown flashes, and I know he'll get better, but he's been nothing but overrated to this point. In fact, UNLIKE Demetrius Jones, a case could actually be made for Juice being "garbage."

Sig by jkpigskin
Old 09-14-2007, 06:43 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, Jimmy Clausen has now forced 2 QBs out of South Bend
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 07:18 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Demetrius Jones was awful.He didnt show any sign of being a QB more like a WR playing QB.Sharpley and Clausen both played 100 times better than Jones.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:49 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Weis didn't trust him. It's just like when you have an OC, but don't let him call the plays, they leave.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:02 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
Probably Clausen. They're all unproven, what's your point? I'm still waiting for you to tell me how in the hell Demetrius is garbage. Oh wait, you can't.

Here are the numbers on Juice to this point:
Completion percentage: 41%
Yards per passing attempt: 5.7
Yards per rushing attempt: 3.6
Pass TD/Int: 9/10

Now obviously stats don't tell the whole story, but those are pretty doggone awful. Juice has shown flashes, and I know he'll get better, but he's been nothing but overrated to this point. In fact, UNLIKE Demetrius Jones, a case could actually be made for Juice being "garbage."
Demetrius = wide receiver

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 09-14-2007, 11:26 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rumor has it people have already seen Demetrius Jones on campus at Northern Illinois.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 12:00 AM    (permalink
NittanyLion2k7
Pro Bowler

NittanyLion2k7 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Everyone could have seen this coming. In fact I guessed that both Frazer and Jones would eventually leave after Clausen committed. Oh yeah, Dayne Crist will probably never step onto the campus at ND. I don't care how good he is or thinks he is, but he's probably not better than Jimmy Clausen. Expect him to start looking elsewhere...
NittanyLion2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 12:01 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

If Dayne were to redshirt hed still be able to start for two years.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:16 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rather than transfer Jones should have pulled an Arnaz Battle and moved to WR in order to help the team becausehe's more likely to attract pro attention as a WR at Notre Dame than he will as a QB at Northern Illinois
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 01:12 AM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.

ND fans, don't talk **** about D Jones. he got a quarter to prove himself. Yes, he's probably not as good as Clausen but he deserves more than a quarter to show that, good luck at N Illisnois, all the best to him.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmitt Smith
Donít quit, donít even quit.
moc182 is offline   Reply With Quote