Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-17-2007, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
how is armando allen not replaced yet? whose his backup?
James Aldridge? Weren't they supposed to be the next Thunder and Lightning combo according to ND fans?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 07:54 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
"I said after the game I wanted to come back stronger. Those are the words that came out of my mouth, and you can check it. But when I heard Jimmy was the No. 1 all the way through spring and that the only thing that was keeping him out of the lineup was his surgery, well that's not what I was led to believe going into the summer. I thought I was getting a chance because coach Weis believed in me. Then I didn't know what to believe anymore.

Nice one Charlie..
Face it, it's Jimmy Clausen's team right now. Anyone who thought it would be different is fooling themselves.

As for the ND skill positions, they're all insanely young, and it's hard to do a thing when your O-line is as bad as ND's. I like ND's backs.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 07:55 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
James Aldridge? Weren't they supposed to be the next Thunder and Lightning combo according to ND fans?
how the hell can allen have negative yards? he runs a 4.3.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If you don't have vision, it doesn't matter. Ask Chris Henry
Old 09-17-2007, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
If you don't have vision, it doesn't matter. Ask Chris Henry
give it time, lets see what he can do in the NFL
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Bay Scat View Post
give it time, lets see what he can do in the NFL
If he can only average 3.3 ypc in the Pac-10, I don't like his odds in the NFL.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:36 PM    (permalink
NDfootball
Rookie

NDfootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I thought Jones would be a solid QB for the Irish, but it just didn't work out. From what I heard he ran into some trouble with some unnamed controlled substance last year, but he obviously got back into Weis' good graces to start the first game, but Jimmy is the guy and I guess Jones couldn't handle that. Best of luck to him at N. Illinois.

Hopefully Weis also learns that this isn't just a business, losing two quarterbacks to transfer in a matter of months is just unacceptable, should have just signed Mustain instead.
NDfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:56 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
And lol @ the domer fans bashing this kid. Grow up. He's doing whats best for himself. And score a freaking TD for christ sakes.
Yes lets go with the low blow because were losing the argument.
Although with Jones as QB thered be no chance of ND scoring a TD all season.He sucks.Doesnt look like he has a serious future at QB.Sharpley was 1000 times better than Jones.
With Clausen theres not only chance but it should have already happened if it werent for WRs dropping passes.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:08 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Okay, people. ND's offensive line is awful, terrible, horrendous, pitiful, the anti-Christ, a joke, possibly mentally ********, etc.

Darren McFadden would struggle behind this line. Hell, LT would struggle behind this line. They've given up 23 ******* sacks in 3 games, and most of the time, the RB gets hit by two people in the hole. The only way to get positive yards is to throw a swing pass. Unforunately, that's not an effective offense. Armando Allen is a talented player, but it's kind of like a boxer trying to fight with one arm.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 12:58 AM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
Yes lets go with the low blow because were losing the argument.
Although with Jones as QB thered be no chance of ND scoring a TD all season.He sucks.Doesnt look like he has a serious future at QB.Sharpley was 1000 times better than Jones.
With Clausen theres not only chance but it should have already happened if it werent for WRs dropping passes.
Losing an argument?

The kid was blatantly lied to and was misled all summer. He was upset about it - which he should have been. He is doing what's BEST for him and transferring. What don't you understand about that? ND fans don't like how he went about it, but if his heart wasn't with the team he shouldn't have been there for the game against Michigan.

He doesn't have a serious future at QB? Strong sample size after seeing only a quarter of him. He might not be an NFL QB; but he should be a good college QB & will end up on an NFL team down the road.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

who cares if he was supposedly lied to/misled during the summer.He had his chance to do something and did absolutley nothing with it.If he had shone any promise Weiss wouldnt have started Clausen the next week.Clausen hadnt even played against a first string defense and yet he was put ahead of Jones.
He didnt look at all like a QB back there.He looked like he didnt even know how to throw the ball.When Sharpley was put in he had no problem throwing the ball.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
who cares if he was supposedly lied to/misled during the summer.He had his chance to do something and did absolutley nothing with it.If he had shone any promise Weiss wouldnt have started Clausen the next week..
Yeah, keep trying to convince yourself of that.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:39 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

If Notre Dame would have won against G Tech with Jones as QB he would have started against Penn State.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
If Notre Dame would have won against G Tech with Jones as QB he would have started against Penn State.
Yes, but it's completely impossible for that to happen considering the new 3-4 is ****, Zbikowski and the rest of the DBs are atrocious, the WRs are inexperienced, the OL is in shambles. But of course, let's blame Jones for it Not you Leaf, I mean general NoDNoO fans.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:34 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
who cares if he was supposedly lied to/misled during the summer.He had his chance to do something and did absolutley nothing with it.If he had shone any promise Weiss wouldnt have started Clausen the next week.Clausen hadnt even played against a first string defense and yet he was put ahead of Jones.
He didnt look at all like a QB back there.He looked like he didnt even know how to throw the ball.When Sharpley was put in he had no problem throwing the ball.
I don't even need to respond after reading this. You're ******** & clearly don't get the point.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:33 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

Now ND is not releasing him from his scholarship. Classy.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Charlie Weis is the epitome of class. How dare you speak out against him!
Old 09-19-2007, 12:03 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Do you have a link that says they arent releasing him?

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 12:53 AM    (permalink
NittanyLion2k7
Pro Bowler

NittanyLion2k7 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Charlie Weis is a disciple of the Big Cheater aka Bill B. Nothing surprises me anymore. In my opinion, that entire coaching tree is tainted. Romeo Crennel aint exactly setting the roof on fire either.
NittanyLion2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 09:03 AM    (permalink
CherryGarcia510
Rookie

CherryGarcia510 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
Do you have a link that says they arent releasing him?
http://www.journalgazette.net/apps/p...8012/-1/SPORTS

props to Eaglez. Fan on the sig
CherryGarcia510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 09:34 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

Quote:
I don't even need to respond after reading this. You're ******** & clearly don't get the point.
what point that he was unfairly treated at ND?or why cant you ND fans understand hes doing whats best for him.
First off Charlie Weiss job is to win.And it was quite obvious with Demetrius Jones that wasnt going to happen.As a HC he has to change the QB at some point and he did and both Sharpley and Clausen outplayed Jones.
Your other argument is quite stupid to be honest.You keep on whining at ND fans and saying cant you see hes doing whats best for him.
And then you keep on posting things like this....
Quote:
Quote:
"I said after the game I wanted to come back stronger. Those are the words that came out of my mouth, and you can check it. But when I heard Jimmy was the No. 1 all the way through spring and that the only thing that was keeping him out of the lineup was his surgery, well that's not what I was led to believe going into the summer. I thought I was getting a chance because coach Weis believed in me. Then I didn't know what to believe anymore.

Nice one Charlie..
Your really just asking to keep on argueing about it.
Im sorry that you have yet to understand that football is a competitive sport and that especially in college football if your not performing well enough that your job can be taken away from you.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:45 AM    (permalink
jdcdam1
Rookie

jdcdam1 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

what has clausen or sharpley done? last time I checked, 0 offensive TDS. At least Jones gave ND a running threat....His main problem was the fumbles...ND wouldv'e score by now, because Michigan sucks vs. running QBs.....Weis spoke too soon
jdcdam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 07:32 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

doingthisinsteadofwork, your fooling urself if you think Jones got a fair chance. They ran the ball like more than half the plays he was in and wouldn't let him pass at all. I don't care if he's labled a "Dual-Threat", you have to use him in a way that he's gonna be effective as that, not use him as sa running back. We'll never know what Jones will would've become at ND now because Charlie never gave him a chance.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:12 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what has sharpley or clausen done at qb to show they are better then ANYONE else in the world at qb?

and regardless if he wasnt the most talented, it is supposed to be a respect factor with coaches about keeping it real and letting you know the situation...if weiss led him to believe he had a realistic shot at qb, that was reason for him to stay when weiss may of known all along he didnt want him to start, telling him the situation could of helped him get somewhere else sooner with a transfer and have him proceed with his future...

and i dont get how everyone says he wont turn into or amount to anything, he hasnt even gotten a shot to show what he can do...he got a scholarship to ND so the talent and potential is there, and he really wasnt given a fair chance...and i concur that it was a classless move by ND in what they did to him, and what their are continually doing right now...they will get what they deserve when they dont score an offensive TD until november

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 10:36 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
doingthisinsteadofwork, your fooling urself if you think Jones got a fair chance. They ran the ball like more than half the plays he was in and wouldn't let him pass at all. I don't care if he's labled a "Dual-Threat", you have to use him in a way that he's gonna be effective as that, not use him as sa running back. We'll never know what Jones will would've become at ND now because Charlie never gave him a chance.
No not really true we used him in alot of running plays.But when asked to throw the ball he looked more like a deer in the headlights than a QB.