Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-19-2007, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
No not really true we used him in alot of running plays.But when asked to throw the ball he looked more like a deer in the headlights than a QB.
Well he had so much time to pick his receivers too....
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 11:46 PM    (permalink
NOBLE
Rookie

NOBLE hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
No not really true we used him in alot of running plays.But when asked to throw the ball he looked more like a deer in the headlights than a QB.
He only threw it 3 times. Three. And had one completion. How can you honestly say what you're saying about him when he was only allowed to throw the ball THREE times?? Sharpley threw it 13 times and Clausen six. Hell, DJ ran four times as much as he did pass and you're telling me that he's garbage? FOH with that.

Weis screwed him out his job by benching him for following his orders - help establish the run against the Georgia Tech defense. He never got a chance to air it out like the other two because they were still in the game at the time. When Sharpley and Clausen were in they had to throw out of necessity.

DJ is dejected and feels like transferring and rightly so, and Weis wants to throw him a bone by installing "Tebow-like" packages? What is the point when you benched him for doing the same thing two weeks ago? Had I been in his shoes I would have left, too.

Notre Shame is being classless by not releasing his scholarship. You lie to the kid all year long and instead of cutting ties, they deny him an opportunity to play.

And to those wanting Jones to move to wideout, if you actually watched him play when he was given a chance, you'd see that he is a QB first - he just happens to be athletic. Every athletic (or black) college QB does not have to automatically turn into a receiver to garner attention from you or the pros.

Bottom line, Demetrius is/was the best QB on that roster, but was never given a shot. A damn shame.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:40 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

honestly actually watch the game instead of looking at the stats.Demetrius only threw the ball 3 times because he only chose to throw it 3 times.There was alot more plays where he completely stood there like a deer in front of the headlights and instead of throwing the ball which he could have done he was either sacked or he fumbled the ball.When he was asked to pass he didnt look at all like a QB.
Bottom Line: Demetrius was the worse QB at ND had his chance and did nothing with it.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

is it me or does it seem that ND is angry at jones. i mean they will not let him go to the school that he wants to transfer to. they said that he can go to any school that they do not play. but NIU does not play ND. so is it me or does it seem that ND is sore losers. just my thought on what i have read.
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 09:37 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love how some people are defending ND and saying clausen gives them the best chance to win, he's the best qb and this was his team...he was pulled today in the 4th and looked terrible, and you cant blame it on the O line or rb today because both played pretty solid...i think he was 7-13 with 53 yds all game long, he hasnt completed a deep pass downfield and looks i dont know like "a deer in front of headlights"

SMH if you think clausen this year was so much better then demetrius jones would have been...im still waiting for those flashes of brilliance from clausen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 10:06 AM    (permalink
ltisno1#2

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner View Post
is it me or does it seem that ND is angry at jones. i mean they will not let him go to the school that he wants to transfer to. they said that he can go to any school that they do not play. but NIU does not play ND. so is it me or does it seem that ND is sore losers. just my thought on what i have read.
They were angry at jones because of the way he decided to leave. He just did not show up for the team bus and did not let anyone know about it. So they were waiting expecting him to show for the bus and he wasnt there. They talked about it on the game yesterday. Now it seems like they have worked out there differences and he is starting to look for schools to go to.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:14 AM    (permalink
ltisno1#2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I love how some people are defending ND and saying clausen gives them the best chance to win, he's the best qb and this was his team...he was pulled today in the 4th and looked terrible, and you cant blame it on the O line or rb today because both played pretty solid...i think he was 7-13 with 53 yds all game long, he hasnt completed a deep pass downfield and looks i dont know like "a deer in front of headlights"

SMH if you think clausen this year was so much better then demetrius jones would have been...im still waiting for those flashes of brilliance from clausen
How can you say the oline played pretty well, at times the did especially in the run blocking, but a lot of times the pass blocking was still really bad. He still had pressure on him all the time, and cant wait for longer routes to develop. Also the WR's do not get any seration for the DBs so its kind of hard to throw to them when they are not open. That being said sometimes clausen does hold the ball to long waiting for something to happpen or open up downfield and it results in a sack, but that I think is just what happens when a freshman is at QB he has to learn when to throw the ball away. And clausen is in there cause he is the QB of the future, and since this was going to be a rough season might as well get his lumps out of the way now, it worked for quinn.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:27 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post

I love it how the people who are defending Demetrius Jones have never seen him or Clausen play.The posts are quite funny.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:47 AM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With that pourous OL, Jones definently gave them the best chanceto win, and Charlie didn't give him that chance.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:19 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Looks like hes going to be a Bearcat

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3039526

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jones intent on enrolling at Cincinnati.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3039526

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey is Jones transferring to Cincinnati by any chance? ;)
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 04:28 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Hey is Jones transferring to Cincinnati by any chance? ;)
hahahaha I was just laughing at that post 10 minutes after mine. I guess he didnt see it.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 04:44 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if the guy thinks its a perfect fit then i support his decision of goin to cincinatti...still think its better then goin to northern illinois
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 04:56 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it just doesnt make any sense for guys saying Jones didnt look like anything out there, yet what has clausen shown that made it obvious he was the better qb?

thats all i hear is he is so much better, and he is 10x the qb jones was, but has ANYONE here seen what Clausen has done that proves that, or is it just assumption

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 05:01 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i just dont know if either jimmy clausen or demetrius jones are the real deal...maybe the supporting cast on notre dame is that poor because i havent seen many freshman QBs hyped up as much as clausen but hes a true freshman so ill cut him some slack..jones on the other hand is an athletic QB who could be very useful in the right system. according to what hes saying that right system is in cincinatti. so i guess well see.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 06:03 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought he had already enrolled at Nothern Illinois?
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote