Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

View Poll Results: Is the Big Ten the BCS conference this year?
Yes 12 35.29%
No 22 64.71%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-15-2007, 07:30 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Is the Big Ten the Worst BCS conference in the country?

I'm a Big Ten fan and Penn State season ticket holder and I would say yes.

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
NittanyLion2k7
Pro Bowler

NittanyLion2k7 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

You're certainly no Penn State fan. Penn State has a very good team this year and its looking like 2005... at this point the favorites for a BIg Ten BCS team is between PSU and Wiconsion... and Penn State has a solid shot at going undefeated.
NittanyLion2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 07:33 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NittanyLion2k7 View Post
You're certainly no Penn State fan. Penn State has a very good team this year and its looking like 2005... at this point the favorites for a BIg Ten BCS team is between PSU and Wiconsion... and Penn State has a solid shot at going undefeated.
Were you at the game today?....if they play that way against Michigan we will get stomped.

Mike Tirico

Old 09-15-2007, 07:34 PM    (permalink
NittanyLion2k7
Pro Bowler

NittanyLion2k7 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Michigan will lose next week. THey are in no shape to go up against Penn State. As of right now, Penn State has the best defense in the Big Ten and arguably one of hte best in the nation. Defense still can win games.
NittanyLion2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 07:41 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NittanyLion2k7 View Post
Michigan will lose next week. THey are in no shape to go up against Penn State. As of right now, Penn State has the best defense in the Big Ten and arguably one of hte best in the nation. Defense still can win games.
Well that maybe true if the O-line decides to BLOCK SOMEBODY!

Mike Tirico

Old 09-15-2007, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry, Big East still exists...

OSU and PSU seem like the top teams, while Michigan, Wisconsin, MSU, Illinois, and Purdue form a solid middle tier. It's gonna another one of those "6-2 wins the big ten years"
Old 09-15-2007, 07:50 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how is Wisconsin a middle tier with Michigan.. they're 3-0!

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 07:52 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i say its just a bit of a bad year.
Otherwise its
SEC
Big10
Pac10
ACC/Big12
Big East
WAC/MAC
MWC
ConfUSA
Sun Belt

Hope i didnt start a huge debate :)

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscbadgerfootball View Post
how is Wisconsin a middle tier with Michigan.. they're 3-0!
A pretty ugly 3-0 though.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:55 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the ACC is worse.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Otherwise its
SEC
Big10
Pac10
ACC/Big12
Big East
WAC/MAC
MWC
ConfUSA
Sun Belt

You may be right but this year i think you need to put the big ten down a few spots.

You might make the argument that the Big 12 and the ACC are worse though

Mike Tirico

doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

The only team I think thats deserves a top 15 ranking in the Big Ten is Winsconsin.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Otherwise its
SEC
Big10
Pac10
ACC/Big12
Big East
WAC/MAC
MWC
ConfUSA
Sun Belt

You really think the MAC is the 7/8th best conference? There once was a time when Phil Steele didn't even cover the MAC in his magazine because he felt they were not up to the calibur of the other 1-A conferences. Not much has changed since then.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:01 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
not really... the defense was pretty skeptical but 2 of them were pretty convincing victories and UNLV is probably a better team then they are given credit for.. I don't see how you can put them far behind those two as to say they have no shot at winning when they are 3-0

Old 09-15-2007, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
not really... the defense was pretty skeptical but 2 of them were pretty convincing victories and UNLV is probably a better team then they are given credit for.. I don't see how you can put them far behind those two as to say they have no shot at winning when they are 3-0
I didn't say they had no shot at winning, because they can easily get the 6-2 that i feel will win the Big 10. I simply said PSU and OSU look like the best teams in the Big Ten after 3 weeks. Call me unimpressed by the UNLV game and the 21-21 first half against Citadel.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:07 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The ACC is awful this year. I'd take the Big 12, Big East, and Big Ten over them.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 08:09 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The worst conference is ACC by so much it's not even funny.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 08:10 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
The ACC is awful this year. I'd take the Big 12, Big East, and Big Ten over them.
I think maybe i was wrong the ACC is the worst conference followed by the Big Ten

Mike Tirico

Old 09-15-2007, 08:15 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I didn't say they had no shot at winning, because they can easily get the 6-2 that i feel will win the Big 10. I simply said PSU and OSU look like the best teams in the Big Ten after 3 weeks. Call me unimpressed by the UNLV game and the 21-21 first half against Citadel.
a win is a win.. I don't care if Wisconsin plays like crap every game as long as they win. But OSU and PSU haven't overly impressed me.

Old 09-15-2007, 08:18 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
a win is a win.. I don't care if Wisconsin plays like crap every game as long as they win. But OSU and PSU haven't overly impressed me.
Someone didn't watch the second half of the OSU-Washington game...
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 10:55 PM    (permalink
MNRunLeft
Rookie

MNRunLeft hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Big Ten has been overrated the last couple of seasons, we all saw it last year with the way Ohio State and Michigan were blown out in their bowl games last season after being 1 and 2 in the polls with only a couple weeks left in the season. The Big Ten doesn't have the national championship contender this season that they have in the past and as a result they just don't look like they have in the past. Most thought the Big Ten was one of the better if not the best conference in college football the past few seasons, it's a conference full of mid tier bowl contenders and non bowl teams, of all the BCS conferences I feel the Big Ten is the least likely to get 2 teams into the BCS.
MNRunLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 10:57 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNRunLeft View Post
The Big Ten has been overrated the last couple of seasons, we all saw it last year with the way Ohio State and Michigan were blown out in their bowl games last season after being 1 and 2 in the polls with only a couple weeks left in the season. The Big Ten doesn't have the national championship contender this season that they have in the past and as a result they just don't look like they have in the past. Most thought the Big Ten was one of the better if not the best conference in college football the past few seasons, it's a conference full of mid tier bowl contenders and non bowl teams, of all the BCS conferences I feel the Big Ten is the least likely to get 2 teams into the BCS.
Which two ACC teams are going to get into BCS Bowls before two Big Ten teams get there?
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 10:59 PM    (permalink
CARDIAC CAT 7
Rookie

CARDIAC CAT 7 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Wisconsins problem is that they play at the level their oppenent which is bad and good. ACC gets my vote for worst confrence, no team in their is a powerhouse anymore.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:03 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No such thing as an ugly 3-0, a win is a win gentleman, a win is a win.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The ACC is still worse, but other than the ACC the Big 10 is the weakest BCS conference.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote