Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC South Division Forum

NFC South Division Forum Discuss the NFC South

Old 10-02-2007, 02:42 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Draft for your opponent...

This thread is going to be something that I hope catches on and see what goes on and if people get into as the season goes on and gets closer and closer. Now...with that being said the point of the thread is to draft for the other teams in our division. Obviously we don't know everyone else's teams as well as they do for the most part. But I think it'll be interesting to see what other people think would improve my team the most from the opponent's mindset.

Right now for me..

Saints - #72 Glen Dorsey - DT - LSU
Carolina - #12 Brian Brohm - QB - Louisville (something I would HATE to see...Steve Smith and Dwayne Jarrett with a competent QB)
Bucs - Jonathan Stewart (You can say RB isn't a need, but Caddy has had 1 good season, other than that, it's been injuries and lackluster play. Time to get him a buddy back and Jonathan Stewart is my favorite of the pounders)

Last edited by iloxygenil : 10-31-2007 at 07:49 AM.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 03:09 PM    (permalink
JPF
Veteran

JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For me right now:

Bucs- Jake Long
Saints- Antoine Cason
Falcons- Not really sure

As for our pick, Jake is competent to a degree. 8 Tds vs 1 pick and 3rd in the league in passer efficiency. The Dwayne Jarrett part, let's see what he can do now that he's finally been active on a game day before we include him in any analysis of why we need a 'better' Qb. Don't get me wrong, I think we can have an upgrade over Jake and would be pretty happy if we ended up with Woodson or Brohm. I'm not one of those Panther fans that think he's Gods gift, but I don't think he's as horrible as some make him out to be either.

Personally, I'd prefer a LT that can handle speed rushers.

Last edited by JPF : 10-02-2007 at 03:12 PM.
JPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 06:01 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

have to guess a pick though

I'll say...

Falcons #4 - Brian Brohm...no brainer, reunites him with his old coach. Boring pick since it's been speculated so much already
Saints #8 - Kenny Phillips...they desperately need defense as I said even before the season started. I didnt expect the offense to put them in a position to pick this high, but Phillips is one of my favorite safety prospects in years, so it's not all bad
Bucs #22 - DeMario Pressley...the Bucs have always been a team who relied on a top tier defense. By adding Gaines Adams they have started a new era on the DLine. Adding Pressley to him could turn them into the next Sapp/Rice duo

I bet the Panthers pick in the 12-18 range and go OL in round 1. Giving us a good safety or QB of the Future would be nice, but it wont happen unless this coaching staff is removed.

Last edited by SchizophrenicBatman : 10-02-2007 at 06:03 PM.
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 06:15 AM    (permalink
BucSappy
Veteran

BucSappy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

NO: Glenn Dorsey
CAR: Gosder Cherilus
ATL: Andre' Woodson
BucSappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 09:32 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NO: Sedrick Ellis, DT
CAR: Brian Brohm, QB
ATL: Phil Loadholt, OT

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:33 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Okay, updating these picks now.

Carolina - Matt Ryan - I think someone who's not afraid to throw it up to a guy like Smith even in coverage is going to be the right element, like a gunslinger, to get this offense to click. They have the rushing attack if they'd lean on it, instead of Foster, using Williams, they have what they need to be successful.

Tampa Bay - Jonathan Stewart (looking at their depth chart there are a lot of people who are serviceable and a lot of places you COULD look, but the Bucs are in a good position for the draft as they can truely take the BPA because there is no spot on the field (aside from MLB) that can't be improved upon. I still think their RB needs to be addressed, Pitman can't carry the load and Caddy can't stay healthy...he can be an impact player.

New Orleans Saints - Glen Dorsey / Laurinitas It's no question that the defense HAS to be addressed, those 2 guys are my favorite impact players that could come in and really make a difference in improving a pitiful excuse for defense.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote