Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-23-2007, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
It's not a sieve, but it's not great. 2 games isn't going to completely erase 16 bad ones. That's like looking at Grossman having too games and thinking he's Peyton Manning.

Will our team run on you? Unquestionably in my mind. I'm just not sure it'll be enough.
Well, when I see talk of Jones and Benson combining for over 200 yards, I have to question the seriousness of the person saying it. I can't see that happening provided Sanders plays. Can the Bears get 100 on the ground? Very possible, but the Colts won 12 games this year in which they allowed 100+ rushing yards.
I think the Bears can get 150+ yards on the ground. If you commit too much to stopping the run, the Bears air attack can give you problems.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 10:18 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ditka
Quote:
Quote:
It's not a sieve, but it's not great. 2 games isn't going to completely erase 16 bad ones. That's like looking at Grossman having too games and thinking he's Peyton Manning.

Will our team run on you? Unquestionably in my mind. I'm just not sure it'll be enough.
Well, when I see talk of Jones and Benson combining for over 200 yards, I have to question the seriousness of the person saying it. I can't see that happening provided Sanders plays. Can the Bears get 100 on the ground? Very possible, but the Colts won 12 games this year in which they allowed 100+ rushing yards.
I think the Bears can get 150+ yards on the ground. If you commit too much to stopping the run, the Bears air attack can give you problems.
I agree, especially with Nick Harper likely not playing. Bernard Berrian could have a big game.
Old 01-23-2007, 10:32 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's the injury status of Utecht? I saw him go down in the Pats game but haven't heard anything since. It's not a huge loss either way I don't think since Dallas Clark is having such a stellar playoffs.

By the way, I'm suprised this poll is as close as it is. How we're more likely to beat the Colts, who I've considered the best team in the NFL all year long, than the Saints just blows my mind.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 10:36 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
By the way, I'm suprised this poll is as close as it is. How we're more likely to beat the Colts, who I've considered the best team in the NFL all year long, than the Saints just blows my mind.
what makes you think it has anything to do with the outcome rather than simply showing how many people hate peyton? i mean, there aren't nearly enough packers fans to balance that out. don't worry: there are still just as few people who believe you guys have a decent football team.
Old 01-23-2007, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What's the injury status of Utecht?
I read somewhere he had a sprained knee, and Dungy was optimistic about his return for the Super Bowl.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Da Bears
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:01 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
Quote:
what makes you think it has anything to do with the outcome rather than simply showing how many people hate peyton? i mean, there aren't nearly enough packers fans to balance that out. don't worry: there are still just as few people who believe you guys have a decent football team.
Yeah I figured as much. But still...there are equally enough people that hate me alone, let alone Grossman.

Old 01-23-2007, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah I figured as much. But still...there are equally enough people that hate me alone, let alone Grossman.
:shock: Equal to the number that hate Peyton Manning? I would hire several bodyguards if I were you.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:16 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
:shock: Equal to the number that hate Peyton Manning? I would hire several bodyguards if I were you.
I've got Windy watching my back. He knows Kung-Fu.

Old 01-24-2007, 01:12 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dude Brett Favre has a massive head too. In fact that's the only redeeming quality I like about him. As another big headed human being it's always nice to see other large craniumed fellows making it in the world.
he does?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:06 AM    (permalink
IBleedNavyandOrange
Rookie

IBleedNavyandOrange hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Just curious Bears fans (the ones on here anyway), do you still view the Colts' run defense as a sieve? I've talked to a small portion of your fanbase over the last few days, and they can't seem to see past the regular season rushing totals the Colts' defense allowed.
I think the Colts' run defense has been much better prepared during the playoff run. They're still undersized and not very hard-nosed in the hitting department. The schemes during the KC and Baltimore games worked very well because those teams have pretty predictable running attacks. The Patriots didn't stick with the run, but enjoyed some success when they ran, because they have a multidimensional run scheme.

The Bears have a "thunder and lightning" attack going now with Benson and Jones. We saw it against the Saints... Benson pounded the bujeezus out of the Saints early, and then Jones came in with his dancy-dance slashing stuff, and cut the crap out of the defense. They're a very potent one-two punch... either guy is a bonafide starter in the league, and the Bears can rotate them through and wear down the Colts.

Granted, some of that last paragraph is hopeful thinking, but in the end, the Bears' offense looks like it matches up very favorably against the Colts' defense. If the Bears commit to the run early and are successful, that opens up play action and the vertical passing game, and we all know that that leads to (yes, this is an opening for a cheap shot at Rex)...

Old 01-24-2007, 08:13 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
Quote:
Dude Brett Favre has a massive head too. In fact that's the only redeeming quality I like about him. As another big headed human being it's always nice to see other large craniumed fellows making it in the world.
he does?
Look at your avatar. His forehead is like 10 feet tall. Compare the height of his head to Stiller's.

Old 01-24-2007, 10:16 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
he does?
Look at your avatar. His forehead is like 10 feet tall. Compare the height of his head to Stiller's.
That's because Stiller is a little weasel and number 4 had that danky conan O'brian cut back then.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 01-24-2007, 12:28 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
he does?
That's because Stiller is a little weasel and number 4 had that danky conan O'brian cut back then.
He has a big dome dude, I've even heard him joke about it before. I can't believe you never noticed that.

Old 01-24-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
NFLBOY
Rookie

NFLBOY hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm usually an AFC guy, but I find myself rooting for the Bears. I like the tough mentality they have and the will to keep playing even when thier backs are to the wall. The only bad thing about them winning, is haveing to listen to manning cry again.
NFLBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 02:55 PM    (permalink
dRaFtDoRk
Veteran

dRaFtDoRk hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'll go for the Bears

Defense wins Championships

Alex Brown and Adewele Ogunleye will be around Manning all night and Rex Grossman will have a decent game, but good enough for the defense to hold up.

Chicago 27
Indianapolis 21
dRaFtDoRk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 03:10 PM    (permalink

It saddens me that I'll be hoping for Ogunleye to be shut down in this game. Hopefully he won't say his high school during introductions this time.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:14 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
he does?
He has a big dome dude, I've even heard him joke about it before. I can't believe you never noticed that.
Well i've never noticed it, ot heard anyone else besides you talk about it, but either way you his fourhead isn't even as close to a fivehead as mannings'.

they get smoked.

Old 01-24-2007, 06:35 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

When Brady threw that pick, notice how the defensive back goes down. Hopefully that idiot Charger was watching and taking notes.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
It saddens me that I'll be hoping for Ogunleye to be shut down in this game. Hopefully he won't say his high school during introductions this time.
Why do players do that?

sig by VLS
Quote:
I don't care...
Old 01-24-2007, 07:34 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Why do players do that?
Either to be unique, or they don't like/want to disrespect their college.
Jared Allen said his preschool once, that was probably for fun.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 07:59 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Why do players do that?
He's embarassed he went to IU.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Why do players do that?
He's embarassed he went to IU.
Well he tore his ACL his senior season didn't he? Was he denied a medical redshirt or something.

sig by VLS
Quote:
I don't care...
Old 01-24-2007, 08:51 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedNavyandOrange

Can you, please, explain to me how the hell he did that. How high is that? World record? Was he being raised by his teammates? WTF!?
Old 01-24-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan3
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedNavyandOrange

Can you, please, explain to me how the hell he did that. How high is that? World record? Was he being raised by his teammates? WTF!?
Berrian looks like someone out of freakin' Dragonball Z. That just shows how beastly he really is. And after that catch it's not inconceivable for him to defy the laws of gravity.

sig by VLS
Quote:
I don't care...