Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 09-16-2007, 07:28 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Chargers@Packers Week 3 Discussion

Many may think that this is early but we need an early start vs the Chargers, what do you guys think we need to do to stop these guys and score. We need to IMO, stop LT and attack Weddle.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:29 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stop the big play that LT will give them. I wont be sad if we lose. So long as no one gets hurt and we show some promise for next week.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 07:30 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

attack their secondary.. it is pretty weak

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 07:32 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscbadgerfootball View Post
attack their secondary.. it is pretty weak
teach our RB's to pick up the blitz. we're going up against the best pass rush we've faced yet. our line can only do so much, Jackson and Wynn have to do their parts and atleast slow down Merrimen

Old 09-16-2007, 07:38 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope we get Jennings and Morency back, Jennings looks like he will be back now its Morency time to come back, makes me wonder if he out for the year but the staff and Morency don't want to admit it.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:46 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

I feel like Jennings might have one of those injuries that nags him all year. But either way, he'll help keep more pressure off of Driver. Right now our WR corps will look good if jennings comesback

Old 09-16-2007, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

This game is gonna show us how we really look, if we lose but were still in the game id be happy, but if we win people r gonna start to relize that the packers are the real deal.
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 08:25 PM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.

Run Block, attack the corners, and blitz.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not too sure about this game. I have a feeling that unless Favre has the type of great game that he had today, this could be a little bit of a whooping. Yes, their secondary is weak, but if our O-line struggles it will be hard to take advantage of that weakness. We'll see though.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:26 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

If we can stay in it, it'll say we're on chicago's level, and thats what we've gotta do

Old 09-16-2007, 08:28 PM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.

I think we can beat San Diego, our offense needs to play like week 2 and our defense needs to play like week 1.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:29 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The fact that it's in Lambeau will help, but I don't see how you guys win this game. Your offense is completely one dimensional and they'll be able to tee off on Favre with blitzes and what not. Still though, 2-1 would be a great start considering the competition.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 08:31 PM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Still though, 2-1 would be a great start considering the competition.
3-0 wouldn't be too bad either.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The fact that it's in Lambeau will help, but I don't see how you guys win this game. Your offense is completely one dimensional and they'll be able to tee off on Favre with blitzes and what not. Still though, 2-1 would be a great start considering the competition.
Yeah, I hope that most Packer fans on here would be happy with a 2-1 start.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:51 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

I myself subscribe to the "Any Given Sunday" theory and think if the defense and special teams can play the way they did against the Eagles and the offense can play the way it did against the Giants, the Pack has a chance. If not, then yea, we don't have much of a chance. 2-1 with a game against the Queens on the way is fine for me.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:11 PM    (permalink
cordscords
Rookie

cordscords hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I picked the Pack to win the first 2 games, but I'm not too excited about facing the Chargers. Unfortunatley I think this will be our first loss, but I do think we will put up a good fight.
cordscords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going into this game thinking we're going to win it. Why watch a game thinking you'll lose? It just takes all the fun, all the emotion, out of it.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 10:22 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is definitely gonna be a hard game to win. If we loose, it will obviously be a disappointment, but a 2-1 start is still pretty good. If we win, it'll be huge.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 10:52 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think it's possible for us to win, however I'm expecting to get beat by at least two scores. Really though no NFC team can matchup with the Chargers. Obviously you don't want to be ok with any loss, but you can't feel too bad if we drop one here.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yikes!

That's my thoughts about the game. Our RB's still don't pick up the blitz well, so I can just see Favre running for his life out there. I just hope we can put up more points than the Bears did...3 that is.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 12:39 AM    (permalink
sdpads24
Veteran

sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.

It should be a pretty good game considering how badly we played against the Patriots. I think that teams have pretty much figured us out for the most part. Stop LT and you will always have a chance.

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21
sdpads24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 01:48 AM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

I think it will be a great game, this defense is gonna get the test of the season, but I think the pack can pull it out. However, the need to run block better, there were to many times today that Giants were in the Backfield at the snap of the ball, that is unacceptable.

I really like this D-line, Barnett and Hawk are all over the field, Harris didn't have a good game today, they need to get him to keep his hands off of people.

I'm excited to see if the we are as good as advertised so far.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 02:08 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is going to be a defensive battle. The pack have the front 7 to contain LT. The key is going to be to contain Gates. NE contained Gates, Chicago didn't. I know doing both is extremely hard...but if this is done SD is in a world of hurt offensively.

On the other side of the spectrum. Farve needs to limit his mistakes. The running game will likely be non-apparent. So look for Farve to be around 40-50 attempts win or lose. Farve is going to go deep 5-10 times this game. If they get a couple of deep plays and make SD play from behind it would really be a help.

I have this game being 10-17 SD. But it could easily go the other way if Gates is a none-factor.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 04:33 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It'll be interesting to see what both teams take away from the Patriots game and the Giants game. Packers don't have Moss (which they could have), but I think the Chargers are vulnerable at DT with Jamal Williams and his one-arm in the middle. Maybe he'll get some steroids from Luis Castillo to get better quickly... The short passing game the Packers used on the Giants could be highly effective against the Bolts, especially if there is a lot of blitzing. The pass pro needs to hold up and I'm worried Clifton went out. Wynn looked great on two plays and was not a factor on 8 others. Jackson is not a factor. Ryan Grant looked good on his screen pass. I like dthe TEs involved heavily in the passing game.

If the Packers defense can move Rivers around like the Pats did, he looked very ordinary. I am hoping Barnet and Hawk can keep up with Gates, with help from Collins. I am worried about Poppinga and Gates getting matched up.

The Special Teams looks a lot better than last year's. Tramon Williams is #2 in the NFC in return average. Woodson looks like he did last year returning punts, which makes me hunger for a healthy Blackmon to get back there and actually do something other than fair catch the ball. The punting hasn't impressed me, but the coverage has been very good. Crosby 3/4, but the ball just seems to fly off his foot, and Rayner hit the ball pretty hard. Sign Tracy White to a longer term deal! It's a nice feeling having a guy with a nose for the ball in there converting big hits into turnovers.

Not sure about the outcome. But I like Mike McCarthy more than Norv Turner. Based on that one aspect only, I give the Packers a 4 point victory over the Chargers, 21-17.
If you actually add players to the equation, well, I'm a Packers fan so I'll just keep that score.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:56 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Your offense is completely one dimensional.
Hey now, # 4 won himself a MVP with a one dimensional offense 12 years ago, why can't he do it again?
Anyone else get the feeling this team is going to go early 90s holmgrenesk and set up the run with the pass? It's the only hope the packers have at this point to establish any type of run game.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote