Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 09-17-2007, 07:11 AM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are Morency, Spitz, and Jennings expected to return this week?

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Last edited by jackalope : 09-17-2007 at 07:15 AM.
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 07:23 AM    (permalink
cordscords
Rookie

cordscords hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
Are Morency, Spitz, and Jennings expected to return this week?
Too early to tell. I think Jennings will be back, but I dont know the status of Morency and Spitz yet.
cordscords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:32 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The key play in this next week will be the screen pass; if we can take advantage of San Diego's aggression and get them over-pursuing on Favre then the screen pass will work beautifully. Based off of last night if you make Rivers make a decision quick with blitzes and clear passing downs then you're doing yourself a favor.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 03:03 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

everyone knows now that we are going to get an a$$ whopping, the Chargers are pissed off after the lost vs the Pats.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Their wide outs are really no match for our corners. I was on the the Vincent Jackson bandwagon a little but he looks like the same guy he's always been, where is the breakout year? I'm also getting the "looks like Tarzan plays like Jane" thing with him.

Defensively we need to double Gates as much as possible. This would be a lot harder if we didn't have two top notch corners. It creates a situation where in this week's matchup, you can count on them almost always to be fine on their wide receivers and you can take your weakest linebacker and safety and put them on the TE. Allow Collins to play center field like he's been doing and let your free LB's focus on the backs and blitzing in passing situations.

If I were Bob Sanders I'd try Bigby over the top of Gates with Poppinga underneath. If that's exploited you just move up the ladder of quality, the reason to start this way is if it works, it lets two of the best play makers, Hawk and Barnett focus on LT and other responsibilities.

After an almost flawless season for a young QB last year with Philip Rivers we've seen bad decision making this season. Throw exotic blitzes at him and let it all hang out. You cannot be conservative with them all the time. They can't score points if their offense isn't on the field right? So force turnovers.

If Jamal Williams plays and is the normal him then we really have almost no chance. If he does we would have to have a TD on special teams or defense or both to win.

Expect more of the same passing/rushing ratio on offense due to this week's matchup. Quick passing, we need quick efficient passing like we had in the 2nd half of the Giants game to stop the Chargers outside pass rush. Hell, if for some reason there's a protection breakdown and an RB is forced to try to block Phillips or especially Merriman by themselves we each better hope Favre gets up okay. The quick efficient passing is always looked at as a running game of sorts, in that if you pass for several short gains with a high percentage of completion it's like running the ball for 4 or 5 yards.

This the type of game where our mistakes need to be as tiny as possible because a team with as much talent as the Chargers is not to be played with, especially after a frustrating loss against the Patriots.
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 04:05 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm nervous about shawn merriman. i'm worried he's gonna smoke Favre a few times.

but, yeah, this is a statement game. accounting for Gates and Tomlinson will be tough like it is for any team, but with our young, athletic linebackers, it could work out well.

it'll be fun to watch because i think the game plan will call for a lot of passing.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 05:13 PM    (permalink
NickCollins36
Rookie

NickCollins36 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

all i gotta say is san diego aint got shitttt on DA PACK

sig by diehardvikingsfan

IN TED WE TRUST
NickCollins36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What scares me is that LT has had two bad games to start the season.. LT.. possibly the greatest RB in the history of the NFL.. ... their passing game doesn't worry me but I can see LT racking up a HUGE game.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 06:01 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I noticed last week that many plays we stuffed Ward, but then all of a sudden he would break off a big run. I know we can do well against LT, but I fear the big play on the ground. We shouldve done much better against Ward.

But i know right now that Favre has to pumped. I think he had one incompletion the last half

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 06:26 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ill go with.......

Packers in a blowout..... well theres always hope but ill pick

Packers 20 Chargers 17

anything can happen on any giving sunday and I feel like being optimistic. The keys are keep Merriman from getting to the QB, which will give Favre time and he should be able to pick apart a suspect secondary like the Chargers have, its decent but its there weak point. On Offense you cant stop LT but limit his sucess along with Gates and your in very good shape. Rivers hasnt played well, LT has played well hopefully that lasts 1 more week and the Pack come out on top in Lambeau

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Last edited by PackerLegend : 09-17-2007 at 06:28 PM.
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 05:22 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's the word on Jamal Williams' injury?

Old 09-18-2007, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
I noticed last week that many plays we stuffed Ward, but then all of a sudden he would break off a big run. I know we can do well against LT, but I fear the big play on the ground. We shouldve done much better against Ward.

But i know right now that Favre has to pumped. I think he had one incompletion the last half
We tackled like **** against the Giants. That'll be nipped in the butt this week in practice.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 07:44 PM    (permalink
sdpads24
Veteran

sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
What's the word on Jamal Williams' injury?
Norv Turner talked to him on Monday and he said he felt fine. It could be different come game day though.

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21
sdpads24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 08:00 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdpads24 View Post
Norv Turner talked to him on Monday and he said he felt fine. It could be different come game day though.
Who do the Chargers have behind him? I think Williams not playing could be big for Green Bay.

Old 09-18-2007, 10:04 PM    (permalink
sdpads24
Veteran

sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Who do the Chargers have behind him? I think Williams not playing could be big for Green Bay.
I don't think there's any doubt Williams won't play. If he were to be out though, it will be either Brandon McKinney or Ryan Bingham.

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21
sdpads24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

I don't envision a problem with Woodson and Harris carrying their receivers, in fact I think that battle favors us majorly. Especially the Woodson versus Buster Davis battle. I think Woodson could bait the rookie into something fierce.

I think the key to stopping LT is similar to how the Packers bottled Reggie Bush up last year, is by putting Nick Collins on him for most of the game. Collins has the speed and range to keep up with LT and with the occasional double team, I think we could be okay.

Antonio Gates is basically their number one wideout, so it wouldn't surprise me to see Al Harris shift out on him a few times since San Diego lines him up at different positions.

I think the bigger issue is stopping San Diego's defense. Hopefully Greg Jennings will be back by this game and we can have James Jones working against their nickel back.

I think DeShawn Wynn needs to be given more carries. He seemed to be running with more authority and a 'I have to make this play' mentality when it seems that Brandon Jackson hasn't. I would also like to see Ryan Grant get involved more. He has some moves too.

San Diego has a good team, but they need to prove it this year. Hopefully the Packers will play to their strengths [ strong defense, quick passes. ]
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 06:26 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

A GOOD SIGN

*Favre is 4-0 vs Chargers
*Favre is 4 TD's away from Record
*Favre is 4 that his Number
Favre rb 34 could be Back
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 01:57 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.

Seeing san diego only favored by 3.5 points is a huge show of respect for the packers. I think if this was last year that spread would be like 12 points. If the score is as close as 3.5 points it will be a hell of a game. The over/under is at 45 points, so the odds makers are expecting a high scoring game. So am I.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:09 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wont be able to watch the game on TV this week.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:20 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I wont be able to watch the game on TV this week.
Join the crowd....

Anyways, that sucks JJ hurt his hammy too. If he's out the Pack is royally screwed at wide out.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 12:21 PM    (permalink
SunDevil450

I agree packers need to be aggressive but i think that thorughout the game our d will slow the game down and make it managable for the pack. I didnt watch the game last week but jon jolly needs to have a game like he did against philly for us to pull out a W also weddle isnt starting clinton hart is who we would need to attack
Old 09-21-2007, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevil450 View Post
I agree packers need to be aggressive but i think that thorughout the game our d will slow the game down and make it managable for the pack. I didnt watch the game last week but jon jolly needs to have a game like he did against philly for us to pull out a W also weddle isnt starting clinton hart is who we would need to attack
The D is the only thing that will give you a chance.. The chargers will blitz like there is no tomorrow and seeing as how the packers have no run game i hate their chances on offense... becasue its gonna be merriman and phillips all day in favres face - its gonna be one dimensional..

but i think rivers is prolly the worst qb in the league vs the blitz so maybe you guys have a hcnace with the D thing, but by no means does that mean itll slow the game down. running the ball does that- and the packers cant do it. The only ones thatll be slowing the game down is the chargers if the elect to do so..

sig by bosanac01
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 12:36 PM    (permalink
SunDevil450

Well avg OT i will begin by saying that some of what you said has substance i do agree that the chargers blitz will disrupt Green Bay at times but will it be all that different then what the pack saw against jim johnson's philly defense. Which by the way was somewhat neutralized by an experinced quaterback. Also when i said slow the game down and make it managble for the pack I meant that with a struggling quaterback the Packers D will have alot of oppurntunites to shut down san diego and give Favre a chance to establish some nice drives.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevil450 View Post
Well avg OT i will begin by saying that some of what you said has substance i do agree that the chargers blitz will disrupt Green Bay at times but will it be all that different then what the pack saw against jim johnson's philly defense. Which by the way was somewhat neutralized by an experinced quaterback. Also when i said slow the game down and make it managble for the pack I meant that with a struggling quaterback the Packers D will have alot of oppurntunites to shut down san diego and give Favre a chance to establish some nice drives.

so your sayin that your comfertable with the idea that favre throws all day and that your entire chances of winning are him throwing against a defense who knows hes throwing, and are blitzing the **** out of him.. i understand favre is good against the blitz his track record shows that.. but it also shows that while he doesnt take sacks he throws balls he prolly shouldnt .. im lookin for a big day in the TO department allowing LT to run through your defense on his way to a big day

sig by bosanac01
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average OT LB View Post
so your sayin that your comfertable with the idea that favre throws all day and that your entire chances of winning are him throwing against a defense who knows hes throwing, and are blitzing the **** out of him.. i understand favre is good against the blitz his track record shows that.. but it also shows that while he doesnt take sacks he throws balls he prolly shouldnt .. im lookin for a big day in the TO department allowing LT to run through your defense on his way to a big day
What do you do when the other team blitzes? You run screens, draws, etc. And, last time I checked, the Chargers secondary is sub-par at best. Yes, Favre will force throws, but you usually need a good DB to take advantage of that.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote