Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 09-23-2007, 03:11 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's like we're a run and shoot team, Favre is averaging over 40 attempts a game.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
who needs a running game when you've got Favre!
Number 4 for #4? We shall see.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 03:12 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Ah man, the news rankings are gonna be all over Green Bay's collective d***.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
sdpads24
Veteran

sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.

Congrats on a great win today. You really took it to us. It's going to be tough for us to rebound after a loss like this one. Good luck the rest of the season.

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21
sdpads24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 03:25 PM    (permalink
NickCollins36
Rookie

NickCollins36 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

3 n 0 babay!!!!!
best start for a packer season in a long timeeeee
we shut LT out just like the other backs we faced
no team has beef on our D!!!!

sig by diehardvikingsfan

IN TED WE TRUST
NickCollins36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 03:48 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdpads24 View Post
Congrats on a great win today. You really took it to us. It's going to be tough for us to rebound after a loss like this one. Good luck the rest of the season.
Thanks for not coming over here and saying, well if the refs called that penalty or we shoulda challenged this play. San Diego played tough and we barely made it out alive

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.

Wow, 3-0. Who would have predicted this before the season. This is awesome. I believe I heard its their best start since 2001. Its like a 76% chance to make the playoffs based on the history of the nfl.

Last edited by Football Fan : 09-23-2007 at 05:13 PM.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan View Post
Wow, 3-0. Who would have predicted this before the season. This is awesome.
Packer "Homers"

Old 09-23-2007, 04:06 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ahh I'm so excited

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 04:07 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

I know i cant even study right now! but i have to! i need to get away from this site

Old 09-23-2007, 05:13 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickCollins36 View Post
3 n 0 babay!!!!!
best start for a packer season in a long timeeeee
we shut LT out just like the other backs we faced
no team has beef on our D!!!!
I think our defense needs a talking to, we all thought our defense would win us games but its our offense doing that the last 2 games. We also need to stop teams on 3rd downs.
Old 09-23-2007, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.

I dont think even the homers predicted before the season the pack was going to beat the chargers this week. Clearly the packers have exceeded expectations at this point. Though there were a few picking the packers at 10 + wins and there is no reason to think that cant happen now.

Last edited by Football Fan : 09-23-2007 at 05:22 PM.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 05:23 PM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.

I jumped on a chair and I broke it, lol.
Old 09-23-2007, 05:26 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quality win today. The run game could have had some of those Favre carries, particularly on the 4-1 at the goal line, but who can blame McCarthy for just coming out and saying, "We have the best QB to ever play the game, if you want to beat us, stop him." Special teams didn't wow me this game, but I liked Woodson's PRs. Eagles got beat by our defense and special teams, and that was an Eagles team that posted over 50 points on the Lions today, defense and offense had it going against the Giants and the Offense came from behind to win the game and Barnett (who is playing great) sealed the deal. Jennings back reminded me of those big plays from last year. He can take that 7-10 yard slant to the house and he was 10 yards in front of the nearest SD defender. Merriman who? Great job by the OL against their front seven on the 3-4, Phillips seemed like the only guy who did anything.

Green Bay Packers at 3-0 = ONLY team in the NFL to EVER start with three victories over playoff teams from the previous year. WHOOT!!!
Old 09-23-2007, 06:26 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just got back from Lambeau. What a great game that was. Only 13 runs, what is this a Mike Martz team? I guess when you're having that kind of success in the air it's ok though. 3 TDs for Favre so I saw the tie, so close to seeing the record breaker. Franks dropped one in the first, that 4th and 1 incompletion (which should have been a run anyway though). I couldn't be much happier though. A win against the team with the best record in the NFL last year to move to 3-0 in a very exciting game.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:44 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Anaylsis
Favre-A+ So much for holding the team back, we ran it 13 times and threw for 350 yards. With the way we're passing right now we should trade Aaron Rodgers and get Colt Brennan, he's used to throwing it 50 times a game.

RB's- B Did well in the 13 carries they got. Jackson got a TD woo

WR's/TE's- A- Aside from Bubba's drop they were almost perfect. Jennings did exactly what I thought he'd do. Take coverage off of Driver and look what happened, Driver 120 yards, and ofcourse Jennings scored that TD.

OL- B Still more to be desired at run blocking, but that should improve once alot of the guys get back healthy (Barbe,Moll,Spitz)

DL- B+ LT got shut down and we got a some sacks. We pressured Rivers, but the secondary didnt hold up their end of the deal.

LB- B LT got shut down, Barnett got a pick, thats what matters. Gates had a big day.

DB- D+ Sorry but we did terrible here. Gates dominated the S's and harris seemed to get beat physically.

All this doesnt matter though cuz we won.

Old 09-23-2007, 07:05 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I ******* love watching the Packers again. This is a completely different team than last year and they proved it with that Jennings TD at the end of the game. In what was a well called game by MM that god damn pass on 4th down was so stupid and reminded me too much of last year when we were playing the bills. If you're on the 1 inch line, please just power it in MM!!! But the Packers D rose up and stopped the Chargers, forced them to punt. Then great play call, throw and run to put the game away. Last year the Pack would've folded and lost that game.

The Packers are only getting better every week and hopefully with an "easy" win against the Vikings next week we will be 4-0!!! Who the hell would've thunk that.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 07:29 PM    (permalink
NickCollins36
Rookie

NickCollins36 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i nutted after the last greenbay TD
YA I HAD A NUT!! SO!! I HAD A NUT!

sig by diehardvikingsfan

IN TED WE TRUST
NickCollins36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 08:10 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing that really bothered me was the way we lined up with an empty backfield on short yardage situations. We did it on 4th on the 1 and a few 3rd downs. If we're gonna pass we could at least put someone else back there so they have to play the pass.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 08:12 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

more draws next game?

Old 09-23-2007, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could watch that Favre to Jennings play all day. That was an amazing moment. Just watching that hole open up was amazing. I was literally screaming at my TV during that play.

For those of you who want to see the highlights...
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8029b841

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
I think our defense needs a talking to, we all thought our defense would win us games but its our offense doing that the last 2 games. We also need to stop teams on 3rd downs.
While I think the D could have played better today, and I was mad before the half when Bob Sanders just let them pass all the way down the field, settle down, they just played the highest scoring offense in the league last year and held them to 3 points in the last 24 minutes of the game.
------
They very easily could've gave up and let SD score more, and our passing game would not even matter, then everybody would complain about running it more. Not to mention the first two games the defense gave up 13 points each time to two top ten offenses. (13 points a game is usually where the best defenses rank around) The Eagles just scored 56 points today, so I'd say they did pretty well against them. The Giants are capable of scoring 30 on lots of teams. Remember, it's the points given up, not the yardage. They haven't given up a rushing TD yet. They haven't even dominated a game yet like they did a few times last year, we should see that against weaker offenses, *insert Minnesota next weekend*. I'm glad we beat San Diego before they start running through the AFC West the next three weeks and probably get on a role.

The defense sealed the victory with the interception and I honestly think Barnett is on his way to being in the defensive player of the year conversation if he keeps this up. He's been outstanding. I want to see AJ Hawk step up though. He's my favorite player and I want to see impact plays. I guess they can't really run it towards him, but I'd like to see some turnovers forced by him, and of course the whole defense. He gave up a few catches to Shockey and Gates, two of the best, so I'd like to see him offset that in those games.

I thought the game vs the Eagles was awesome and it was, but this was the best Packers game I've seen in a few years. Not only because we won, it's because it was the Chargers, we're 3-0, all alone in the NFC North in first place, and the 2nd place team, the Lions, just gave up 56 friggin' points to the Eagles. Bears are 1-2 and we got the Vikings coming up on the road, followed by the Bears at home on a Sunday Night game. Let's keep it up.
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 10:56 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
The defense sealed the victory with the interception and I honestly think Barnett is on his way to being in the defensive player of the year conversation if he keeps this up. He's been outstanding. I want to see AJ Hawk step up though. He's my favorite player and I want to see impact plays. I guess they can't really run it towards him, but I'd like to see some turnovers forced by him, and of course the whole defense. He gave up a few catches to Shockey and Gates, two of the best, so I'd like to see him offset that in those games.
Hawk wasn't on Shockey at all last week. He had Gates for only a couple of plays this week and I think Gates caught just one, maybe none, while he was covering him.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:20 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
One thing that really bothered me was the way we lined up with an empty backfield on short yardage situations. We did it on 4th on the 1 and a few 3rd downs. If we're gonna pass we could at least put someone else back there so they have to play the pass.
That being said, if you saw how the Pats mauled S.D., the game plan mimicked that to a high degree. Chargers run a 3-4, but when you go spread, they have to take out LBs and put in weaker secondary players. Add in that the roles of their d-line change when they're in dime and nickel packages and that's why you saw what you did with the empty backfield. When Merriman is in coverage on the TE, he either can't rush or he is one-on-=one with the LT or RT depending on what side they put him on. Tausher and Clifton had phenomenal games against a guy who could have been DPOY last year if not for the roids suspension. Philips beat Tausher once and Clifton went head up on all-pro Jamal Williams and came out on top. Due to the scheme again, Williams' role changes with a shotgun and again with empty backfield. Because his name didn't get called, I can't even remember if he was in the game when the Packers went empty. Coston had the jump, but other than that I thought he was solid all day in pass pro. They have Olshansky and Castillo at end, and the OGs stoned them in pass pro.

I thought this was the best coached plan in the McCarthy tenure against a very solid team, and that's coming after the gem he laid on the Jints last week. LOVE that the Jints came back on the 'Skins. Makes our defense look that much better, especially when you add in the 13 point lockup on a Iggles offense that torched the Lions for 52 today.

I look forward to watching the game again on the NFL channel Tuesday on Replay!
Old 09-24-2007, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Here's how I think we matchup

QB- GB
RB- SD
WR/TE- GB
OL- SD

DL- SD
LB- Tie
DB- GB

Its hard to compare a 34 to a 43 defense
i think its obvious that after the game that these need correcting..
QB- Tie
RB- SD
WR/TE- SD
OL- GB

DL- GB
LB- Tie
DB- GB

..not all that different but differnet nonetheless

sig by bosanac01
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote