Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-16-2007, 10:16 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Difficult question here

What happens if/when USC, West Virginia, Oklahoma, LSU, and Wisconsin all go undefeated? Who gets in the national championship and who gets the big snub?

if that were the case I'd go with USC and LSU because that's the game everyone wants to see.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
What happens if/when USC, West Virginia, Oklahoma, LSU, and Wisconsin all go undefeated? Who gets in the national championship and who gets the big snub?

if that were the case I'd go with USC and LSU because that's the game everyone wants to see.
to ur sig, i dont think hes full black, his blackness got him to the NFL, his non blackness got him out(i guess that extra hammy didnt help him out, hench there are 0 black kickers...lol)

id go off the hardest schedueles would play.
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 10:20 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:

West Virginia and Wisconsin will not go undefeated.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 10:21 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
West Virginia and Wisconsin will not go undefeated.
Hence why I said IF/when
Old 09-16-2007, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

USC and West Virginia.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

USC, LSU, and OU will be undefeated with USC vs. LSU in the title game while OU ends up an angry 14-0 #2 (sounds alot like 2003, doesn't it?). If West Virginia goes undefeated, they don't deserve a spot, and I don't think Wisconsin's chances at going undefeated are significant enough to seriously consider (they'd be in a really pretty #3 vs #4 rose bowl with OU if they somehow did).

Last edited by Michigan : 09-16-2007 at 10:53 PM.
Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 10:52 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can't leave out an undefeated SEC team after last year, and USC is #1 now, so those two definately.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 11:20 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
USC and West Virginia.
I think thats the game it would end up being... USC would ultimalty win.. but both teams are loved by the mass populations... thus i they would get the nods

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 11:20 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
I think thats the game it would end up being... USC would ultimalty win.. but both teams are loved by the mass populations... thus i they would get the nods
USC would win that game 55-14
Old 09-17-2007, 01:17 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Let me throw out Boston College as another team that has a shot to run the table in their conference and shake things up.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:24 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Let me throw out Boston College as another team that has a shot to run the table in their conference and shake things up.
but the acc is horrible this year.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 01:31 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
but the acc is horrible this year.
Granted but it would be another undefeated team from a BCS conference
Old 09-17-2007, 01:36 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
USC would win that game 55-14
USC run defense is probably the best in the country. I would give their pass defense second in the country to LSU. USC would dominate WVU.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 02:18 AM    (permalink
benchod
Rookie

benchod is a cocksman.benchod is a cocksman.benchod is a cocksman.benchod is a cocksman.

Not really a difficult question.

The polls generally always remain the same if the teams continue to win, especially in the top 5 where a lot of pollsters are stubborn and won't move a team up or down based on recent performances.

Regardless, if a SEC team goes undefeated, it should pretty much be a guaranteed trip to the title game. The Pac10 appears to be the 2nd strongest conference this year, so I would give USC the nod above Oklahoma and WVU. It's not worth mentioning Wisconsin or an ACC team this year, chances of them making the title game are slim to none.
benchod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 08:19 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
You can't leave out an undefeated SEC team after last year, and USC is #1 now, so those two definately.
Yes you can, if you truly believe the other team is better. Obviously it's not going to happen because WVU will lose to Louisville and/or Rutgers and/or USF and Wisconsin will lose to Ohio State and/or Penn State and/or Michigan, but I think they'd go LSU/USC because they started at 1 and 2
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Florida vs LSU is the real national championship game.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I'd go with LSU and Oklahoma. Buts that just my preference. If they went undefeated they would have to most impressive wins over quality opponents in my opinion.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I'd go with LSU and Oklahoma. Buts that just my preference. If they went undefeated they would have to most impressive wins over quality opponents in my opinion.
I would disagree by saying that Oklahoma has an easier schedule than WVU. Oklahoma plays Texas, but doesn't have to play the next best Big 12 team in Nebraska. They play an overrated Texas A&M and Missouri and then the Big 12 Championship game, which will probably be Missouri again (or Nebraska).

WVU plays 3 other teams ranked currently in the top-25 and possibly a 4th (Cincinnati, though they are a bit overrated after their Oregon State win).

My point is Oklahoma is a great team, but there is no logical way that USC and WVU get in before them.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 10:57 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If USC and LSU go undefeated, I am pretty much positive that it will be them in the NC. There are quite a few teams who could go undefeated as well, and that is why the BCS system is so flawed. Even if they goundefeated, someone isn't going to get a shot to play for the title. SuperKevin, the thought of BC going undefeated is a great one. Looking at our schedule, our biggest game could be behind us and we thoroughly beat GT.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 11:03 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if Hawaii is the only undefeated team in the country come BCS time do they get in?

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
How would you explain dropping USC two spots for winning all their games?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
How would you explain dropping USC two spots for winning all their games?
I guess, I forgot they play Cal. Other than that the Pac-10 isn't impressive in my mind. Especially after UCLA lost. And Notre Dame sucks so that isn't a big win.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 12:48 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

If USC goes undefeated they are in the National Championship. It doesnt matter who else goes undefeated because they are definitely in.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 09-17-2007, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
if Hawaii is the only undefeated team in the country come BCS time do they get in?
Not a chance.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 12:53 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
They have a 0% chance of playing in a BCS bowl.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2