Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-17-2007, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I guess, I forgot they play Cal. Other than that the Pac-10 isn't impressive in my mind. Especially after UCLA lost. And Notre Dame sucks so that isn't a big win.
Still, they would have also beat Nebraska on the road, Oregon too
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
They have a 0% chance of playing in a BCS bowl.
Yup, they will be staying in that 18-25 range all year. They play no one. Look how much Alabama jumped them from being unranked to 16.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 01:57 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Yup, they will be staying in that 18-25 range all year. They play no one. Look how much Alabama jumped them from being unranked to 16.
Hawaii couldnt compete with a team like Alabama.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hawaii couldnt compete with a team like Alabama.
Cue Angry D-Unit jumping in and saying how amazing the WAC is....
Old 09-17-2007, 02:06 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Cue Angry D-Unit jumping in and saying how amazing the WAC is....
Yea he will definitely have something to say about it, but truth is Alabama would beat Hawaii.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 09-17-2007, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yea he will definitely have something to say about it, but truth is Alabama would beat Hawaii.
You would be better off naming the SEC teams that wouldn't be Hawaii. Because that list is definitely the shorter one.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:36 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Hawaii runs the table, they will make it to a BCS Bowl. They have a 0% chance at the title game, but they will get an at-large bid in one of the other four bowls. Boise State and Utah made it to a a BCS Bowl with schedules that are almost as bad as Hawaii's is this year.

USC is USC. If they go undefeated they will be in the National Championship game. If they have only 1 loss, they'll get in as long as there aren't two undefeated teams from a BCS conference.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
If Hawaii runs the table, they will make it to a BCS Bowl. They have a 0% chance at the title game, but they will get an at-large bid in one of the other four bowls. Boise State and Utah made it to a a BCS Bowl with schedules that are almost as bad as Hawaii's is this year.

USC is USC. If they go undefeated they will be in the National Championship game. If they have only 1 loss, they'll get in as long as there aren't two undefeated teams from a BCS conference.
HS Draft you're up fyi
Old 09-17-2007, 03:49 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i doubt more than three teams go undefeated; the likely scenario would be a combo of: usc, lsu, uf, wisky, ou, wvu(two of those)+ hawaii

we say this every year at this time that there will be 4-5 teams undefeated, and 3-4 of them will lose

so it is very likely it will happen

if it were to happen though, it would likely mean the end of the bcs, and a playoff would be on the horizon
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I guess, I forgot they play Cal. Other than that the Pac-10 isn't impressive in my mind. Especially after UCLA lost. And Notre Dame sucks so that isn't a big win.
I think there are some very underrated teams in the Pac-10, Oregon, Oregon State, ASU are always overlooked but can cause big trouble for a lot of teams.

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 01:19 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Well Vegas thinks its going to be USC vs LSU odds have just been released on the National Championship game. The line is USC -1.5 and the total is 49.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 09-18-2007, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Well Vegas thinks its going to be USC vs LSU odds have just been released on the National Championship game. The line is USC -1.5 and the total is 49.
I'd take LSU and the points if it was played this weekend.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:41 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
I'd take LSU and the points if it was played this weekend.
In my opinion everyone would think the way you are so if it were in the case of being played this weekend and that was the line. I would take USC. Just because everyone else would bet LSU. Obviously LSU has looked like the better team, but all betters know sometimes it doesnt matter who has looked good and who hasnt.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 09-18-2007, 03:56 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well. what if Rutgers goes undefeated? Lousiville has no D, it'll come down really to WVA and RU, thoughts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Well. what if Rutgers goes undefeated? Lousiville has no D, it'll come down really to WVA and RU, thoughts?
I really wish Rutgers had one other opponent from a BCS conference besides Maryland. They are a legit team to be considered but their schedule is just so bad.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:34 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
I really wish Rutgers had one other opponent from a BCS conference besides Maryland. They are a legit team to be considered but their schedule is just so bad.
Exactly if teams like Rutgers and Hawaii want to make some noise then start playing a real schedule. Im not comparing Rutgers schedule at all to Hawaiis because I know Rutgers has to play WVU and Louisville, but other then them 2 teams their schedule sucks.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 09-18-2007, 06:05 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Exactly if teams like Rutgers and Hawaii want to make some noise then start playing a real schedule. Im not comparing Rutgers schedule at all to Hawaiis because I know Rutgers has to play WVU and Louisville, but other then them 2 teams their schedule sucks.
true, but USF is ranked, Cincinatti has a chance to be ranked as well. Maryland is no scrub either. but we need some stronger out of conference games than Buffalo, Navy and Army. (Norfolk state is homecoming, you need at least one easy game for that.) yea and uconn, cuse and pitt are bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 07:35 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey, Justin Medlock still has a shot, he's on the practice squad

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 10:49 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
true, but USF is ranked, Cincinatti has a chance to be ranked as well. Maryland is no scrub either. but we need some stronger out of conference games than Buffalo, Navy and Army. (Norfolk state is homecoming, you need at least one easy game for that.) yea and uconn, cuse and pitt are bad.
But we are talking National Championship here being ranked doesnt mean nothing. USF or Cincy could run the table and they wouldnt have a shot to play in the NC if USC, Oklahoma, and LSU ran the table.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 09-19-2007, 01:59 AM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Realistically, it will probably be USC vs. LSU. However, I could easily see Oklahoma going undefeated... which would cause a problem similar to the year where USC, Oklahoma, and Auburn went undefeated. I really wish there would be an elite 8 team playoff...

By the way, regardless of the NC game, I think the LSU vs. Florida game will be THE game of the year.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 02:37 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You realize this argument happens EVERY YEAR and each year NO ONE except 1 or 2 teams runs the table. At the most it was like 2004 where 3 teams run the table and I could bet money that the SEC team will never be left out of the NC after that year.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 03:31 AM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

i dont get why Auburn didnt get a share of the Title when they went undefeated and when Oklahoma wins it, USC gets a share? how the **** do u get a share?(also i dont remember if it was the Oklahoma/USC share, but u know what i mean)
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 03:34 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Bay Scat View Post
i dont get why Auburn didnt get a share of the Title when they went undefeated and when Oklahoma wins it, USC gets a share? how the **** do u get a share?(also i dont remember if it was the Oklahoma/USC share, but u know what i mean)
USC was #1 in the coaches' poll, but because of the horrible BCS formula, Miami and LSU played for the NC in LSU's backyard.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 03:35 AM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
USC was #1 in the coaches' poll, but because of the horrible BCS formula, Miami and LSU played for the NC in LSU's backyard.
so then why didnt Auburn get a share?
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 03:04 AM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Bay Scat View Post
Yeah i think you meant the LSU/USC share. Not Oklahoma/USC.

And Turtlepower, if Oklahoma gets past Texas, they will run the table.
USC will run the table.
Winner of LSU/Florida will run the table.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote