Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-17-2007, 12:47 AM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Week 2 Postmortum / Other Thoughts

Offense
  • T.O. is set for a Pro Bowl year. But he had several baffling drops early in the game, before recovering form.
  • Romo has GOT TO stop running with the ball unsecured. He's going to F us over again if he can't make that one small adjustment.
  • Crayton is a TROOPER coming back into the game after the broken finger. What a hideous injury.
  • Sam Hurd continues to improve.
  • Flozell has got to go.
  • I've finally given up on Julius Jones. As stated in the MBIII thread, I'm convinced JJ is cross-eyed. No other explanation.

Defense
  • Spencer was all over the field early on. I think he'll be just fine.
  • Where was Bobby Carpenter? DC.com says he was on the game-day roster, but I didn't see him the entire game. Did he even play?
  • I think Bradie James has played his way back into the hearts and minds of all the doubters here and abroad. He played a great game.
  • God, we need Newman back. Like, posthaste.
  • That said, Henry obviously did his homework this week. His two INTs sealed the game for the 'Boys.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:28 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Henry stepped up with those 2 INTs, but he was playing pretty bad zone coverage.

JJ is so bad. Just bad bad bad. Time to give TT some carries.

If this team had a NT, we'd be so damn good.

Happy to see the inside blitz!

Hamlin and Roy coming up with INTs. Oh yeah!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 02:33 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Henry stepped up with those 2 INTs, but he was playing pretty bad zone coverage.

JJ is so bad. Just bad bad bad. Time to give TT some carries.

If this team had a NT, we'd be so damn good.

Happy to see the inside blitz!

Hamlin and Roy coming up with INTs. Oh yeah!
Ratliff played a hell of a nose. I didn't watch the complete game as I was tuned in on some of the closer matchups. But Ratliff was disruptive all game.

I agree Henry plays weak in a zone. Almost like he can't comprehend. I can't wait to see us not play 10 yard soft coverage at some point this year....that will only make our rush better.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 04:24 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like what I've seen from Ratliff, too. Ware, as D said in another thread, has been a little disappointing, he was inches away from two sacks, but he wasn't a major force. Sometimes the Dolphins maintaned 7-8 men blocking, with two on DeMarcus and still were able to complete the pass. That's why I think with Newman back we'll se a lot more sack, especially from Ware and Spencer. You can't expect to run only three routes and get a catch if Newman is out there.
I really like Spencer, he came along with great plays and he almost got to the QB multiple times. Having Newman back will help him a lot too.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 07:06 AM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hi Ladies,

The Good:

1) We are 2-0
2) Romo limited mistakes
3) O-Line has spurts of dominance
4) MBIII, finally the light is going off in folks minds
5) Our Receivers look to have taken up nicely the Zampese Offense.
6) Hamlin is playing a decent center field
7) Bradie James seems to more active behind the LOS
8) We found "the Player" a role a D -- Check Down Man.
9) Running game with MBIII inside the red zone (no Marco, thank god)
10) Vertical passing attack, how about that TE!

The Bad:

1) No pass rush w/o blitz.
2) DWare, he is a natural SOLB, not a WOLB. Too bad.
3) Run D is not very good in this new system.
4) "The Player" still can't cover white on bread.
5) Flo gotta go. (# Put me down for the Jake Long bandwagon)
6) Cleveland, 51 points. WTF?
7) Clock management (a few times the time out usage was baffling)
8) Yes, Modano, passing game inside the 20. (btw, this seems to be always an issue in the Zampese system)
9) TO's hands, yuck.
10) Kosier.

We will see what the O is made of next week.

Have a good one girls.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 11:50 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where is the QB pressure? For now I'm going to chalk it up to Phillips not opening up the playbook because he's trying to protect the secondary. But we need to figure out a way to let Ware and Spencer loose. The inside rush was nice, but you cannot do that all day long.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't really add anything to the others except that I'm really concerned with our lack of pass rush. If we had played a good QB yesterday, we might have lost.

I am at a loss why people are down on Flozell. He whipped Jason Taylor's butt all day long.
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 05:31 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I can't really add anything to the others except that I'm really concerned with our lack of pass rush. If we had played a good QB yesterday, we might have lost.

I am at a loss why people are down on Flozell. He whipped Jason Taylor's butt all day long.
Maybe because he caused us 25 yds in penalties.

Old 09-17-2007, 06:01 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
I like what I've seen from Ratliff, too. Ware, as D said in another thread, has been a little disappointing, he was inches away from two sacks, but he wasn't a major force. Sometimes the Dolphins maintaned 7-8 men blocking, with two on DeMarcus and still were able to complete the pass. That's why I think with Newman back we'll se a lot more sack, especially from Ware and Spencer. You can't expect to run only three routes and get a catch if Newman is out there.
I really like Spencer, he came along with great plays and he almost got to the QB multiple times. Having Newman back will help him a lot too.
Good news is less blitzing led to better pass coverage and no big plays (against a poor passing team albeit).
Old 09-17-2007, 06:40 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We were dropping Ware into coverage an awful lot, it seemed, and we weren't bringing the big time blitzes that we did against NY. However, you will notice that Green got the ball out fast. That has always been his forte, and I think he is even more that way then in years past since he had his concussion last season. He seems antsy in the pocket, and prematurely lets it loose. That is a part of why we had 4 picks (and could have had 2 more), but also plays a role in why we didn't get many sacks, either.

If order for us to get sacks we are going to have to play a team with a system that gets the ball down the field. If we don't rack up at least 4 sacks against St. Louis or Detroit, then you can worry. Til then, I will be more than happy with what we have done so far.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 06:42 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, and the point that Modano made was a great one. The Dolphins kept in at least 6 guys on nearly every pass play. Ware was getting chipped or straight up double teamed almost every play. There were multiple times when they had 8 men in to block. In other words, they did a lot of max protect. It's hard to get to the QB when you do that.
Quote:
From what? His leg?
Quote:

DeMarcus Ware
Old 09-17-2007, 06:47 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
Uh.....21att/61 yards? If that is "not very good" then I don't know what is.

Not only that, but 23 of those came on the first two runs of the second half. And don't forget that we lost the 1 player that most agreed would be the worst position to have an injury at, who happens to also be the #1 guy responsible for stopping the run.

Oh, and not only that, but even in week 1, if Hamlin doesn't miss a horribly easy tackle in the hole against Ward on his 44 yard scamper, we hold them to about 80 yards for that game.

I wouldn't say that there is anything to back up this statement. At least not to this point.
Quote:
From what? His leg?
Quote:

DeMarcus Ware
Old 09-17-2007, 09:34 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OMG, I found the 'ignore list' feature. I'm so happy.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:41 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Uh.....21att/61 yards? If that is "not very good" then I don't know what is.

Not only that, but 23 of those came on the first two runs of the second half. And don't forget that we lost the 1 player that most agreed would be the worst position to have an injury at, who happens to also be the #1 guy responsible for stopping the run.

Oh, and not only that, but even in week 1, if Hamlin doesn't miss a horribly easy tackle in the hole against Ward on his 44 yard scamper, we hold them to about 80 yards for that game.

I wouldn't say that there is anything to back up this statement. At least not to this point.
Considering the quality of RB and OL, I would say there is plenty to back up that statement. But let us talk about mis-using statistics for our D.

10th Worst Rush per Attempt -- 4.3 (Last year 9th Best at 3.9)
13th Worst 1st Down % -- 23% (Last year 8th best at 20.5)

(** So we are in the bottom third of the league when last year at the top third **)

Same old -- same old. Mind I add that DMW is baiting me so that he can go run to his friends to ban my posts. LOL.

I have not said a word to anyone. All I said was the run D was not a good thing so far. And without any stats, I can SEE that we are not playing it as well as last year. Mabye losing Fergie (HELLO!) has something to do with it?

OT, DMW after those ghastly names you called me invoking God in that private email, I figured you would just leave Satan alone. Can you please leave me alone? Please? Pretty please?

Last edited by robert_in_bigd : 09-18-2007 at 08:26 AM.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:43 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
OMG, I found the 'ignore list' feature. I'm so happy.
Can you please show me how to use it?
Old 09-18-2007, 09:48 AM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
Considering the quality of RB and OL, I would say there is plenty to back up that statement. But let us talk about mis-using statistics for our D.

10th Worst Rush per Attempt -- 4.3 (Last year 9th Best at 3.9)
13th Worst 1st Down % -- 23% (Last year 8th best at 20.5)

(** So we are in the bottom third of the league when last year at the top third **)

Same old -- same old. Mind I add that DMW is baiting me so that he can go run to his friends to ban my posts. LOL.

I have not said a word to anyone. All I said was the run D was not a good thing so far. And without any stats, I can SEE that we are not playing it as well as last year. Mabye losing Fergie (HELLO!) has something to do with it?

OT, DMW after those ghastly names you called me invoking God in that private email, I figured you would just leave Satan alone. Can you please leave me alone? Please? Pretty please?
You are right, to a point, Robert, but the run defense did play much better this week than in week 1 (against a better running back too I might add). In week one, it wasn't a problem with the scheme, it was people missing tackles that really cost us. Sure those stats you posted do provide some evidence that the run defense isn't quite as solid as the one that DMW posted (we aren't in the bottom third of the league in first down percentage by the way; 32 divided by 3 is 10.66666, meaning that teams ranked 21 and above are in the bottom third; we are ranked 19th according to your statistic). That same statistic is also misleading--the defense clearly hasn't been up to snuff yet this year, and passing has as much to do with that as running; so passing affects the number of first downs the opposing team gets as well.

Furthermore, we are missing 3 key defensive players, all who would help the run defense. Terrence Newman is one of the best corners in the league against the run, Greg Ellis is a far more capable run-stopper than Anthony Spencer, and Jason Ferguson does have more experience and bulk than Jay Ratliff. The loss of Newman affects the scheme even more: without him, the defense is more likely to drop an extra man into coverage, leaving fewer guys in the box to stop the run. This is not to say that we shouldn't be playing better without Ellis and Newman, but it is important to be aware of their absence and to hope and pray that they come back soon.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:59 AM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ888 View Post
You are right, to a point, Robert, but the run defense did play much better this week than in week 1 (against a better running back too I might add). In week one, it wasn't a problem with the scheme, it was people missing tackles that really cost us. Sure those stats you posted do provide some evidence that the run defense isn't quite as solid as the one that DMW posted (we aren't in the bottom third of the league in first down percentage by the way; 32 divided by 3 is 10.66666, meaning that teams ranked 21 and above are in the bottom third; we are ranked 19th according to your statistic). That same statistic is also misleading--the defense clearly hasn't been up to snuff yet this year, and passing has as much to do with that as running; so passing affects the number of first downs the opposing team gets as well.

Furthermore, we are missing 3 key defensive players, all who would help the run defense. Terrence Newman is one of the best corners in the league against the run, Greg Ellis is a far more capable run-stopper than Anthony Spencer, and Jason Ferguson does have more experience and bulk than Jay Ratliff. The loss of Newman affects the scheme even more: without him, the defense is more likely to drop an extra man into coverage, leaving fewer guys in the box to stop the run. This is not to say that we shouldn't be playing better without Ellis and Newman, but it is important to be aware of their absence and to hope and pray that they come back soon.
No debate on the reasons. No debate on the fact we can get better.

That is why I said that as of right now -- the Run D is not very good.

I just find it interesting that DMW is picking on 1 point out of 20 to argue something which seems like a fact.

Fact is the Run D is not as good so far as it was last year.

I truly hope we get better but if I had to predict I would predict marginal improvement.

If I where to predict a bigger improvement for our D through the season I would pick Pass Rush and Pass D for the reasons mentioned about personnel. (** Not rocket science as some make it out to be. Just stating the obvious **)
Old 09-18-2007, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Maybe because he caused us 25 yds in penalties.

25 yards??
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 11:12 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Sorry 20. I believe he had a holding penalty and two false starts.

Old 09-18-2007, 11:21 AM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

Very nice try pal, but let me quote you again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert in big D
My point was to emphasize how ridiculous this statement is. I am neither saying that our run D is great, or that it is horrible. I am saying, rather, that the assertion that the new defensive system we are running is "not very good" against the run is unfounded and false, to this point. If you take the Giant game, and subtract the one 44 yard run against us, which was not a problem with scheme, but execution, since there was a defender in place to make the play and that defender failed to do his job even though he was in perfect position to do so, then you have 21 carries for exactly 80 yards. That is sub 4 ypc, just like the Dolphins, which were also sub 4ypc.

If anything, that suggests that this defense IS good against the run, as long as our players don't miss easy tackles.

But that's not my point. My point is that THERE IS NOT ENOUGH EVIDENCE right now to indicate either way. It's early in the season. One run like that 44 yarder can skew the stats badly. We don't know if that play is going to be the norm or going to be the exception. In 4 or 5 games, we will. Right now we don't.

Your attempt to say "what I meant is that it looks worse now than it did a year ago" is funny to me, because you, again, display your lack of a conscience in changing points mid stream. You didn't say "Our run D in this system is not as good as it was last year", you said "[our] run D is not very good in this new system" which you cannot prove, and which, in fact, the stats actually disagree with.

Say what you want about competition, but the facts are the we have allowed one big run play, and the other 41 carries we have allowed ~3.5 yards per carry. That is at least enough to earn some reservation of judgment.
Quote:
From what? His leg?
Quote:

DeMarcus Ware
Old 09-18-2007, 11:30 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Where is the QB pressure? For now I'm going to chalk it up to Phillips not opening up the playbook because he's trying to protect the secondary. But we need to figure out a way to let Ware and Spencer loose. The inside rush was nice, but you cannot do that all day long.
It's not the playbook. It's the DL. We'll never have success rushing the passer without a capable DL. Our DEs suck. Our NT sucks.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:09 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Very nice try pal, but let me quote you again:

My point was to emphasize how ridiculous this statement is. I am neither saying that our run D is great, or that it is horrible. I am saying, rather, that the assertion that the new defensive system we are running is "not very good" against the run is unfounded and false, to this point. If you take the Giant game, and subtract the one 44 yard run against us, which was not a problem with scheme, but execution, since there was a defender in place to make the play and that defender failed to do his job even though he was in perfect position to do so, then you have 21 carries for exactly 80 yards. That is sub 4 ypc, just like the Dolphins, which were also sub 4ypc.

If anything, that suggests that this defense IS good against the run, as long as our players don't miss easy tackles.
If is the key word. If does not make 4.3, 3.9 or make 8-8, 14-2. But that's not my point.

Quote:
But that's not my point. My point is that THERE IS NOT ENOUGH EVIDENCE right now to indicate either way.
2 games is not a season but it sure it the only evidence we have right now.

Quote:
It's early in the season. One run like that 44 yarder can skew the stats badly. We don't know if that play is going to be the norm or going to be the exception. In 4 or 5 games, we will. Right now we don't.

Your attempt to say "what I meant is that it looks worse now than it did a year ago"
Did I write those words or are you trying to de me the "favor of paraphrasing" for me again?

Quote:
is funny to me, because you, again, display your lack of a conscience in changing points mid stream. You didn't say "Our run D in this system is not as good as it was last year", you said "[our] run D is not very good in this new system" which you cannot prove, and which, in fact, the stats actually disagree with.

Say what you want about competition, but the facts are the we have allowed one big run play, and the other 41 carries we have allowed ~3.5 yards per carry. That is at least enough to earn some reservation of judgment.
Real long explanation for a simple fact about our run D not looking/being/seeming as effective so far in the new scheme.

Execution, injuries, missed tackles, Roy Williams has a hernia, Wade is trying to trick people, WHATEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the future brings, who knows for sure, but if predicting, I would not expect much improvement in this phase of the game.

Regardless, I thought God/Jesus/Whatever damned me and I was the reason the country was going to hell?

Don't you have somewhere to be? Chapel, Church, etc. Or have some soul to slavage or something?

Last edited by robert_in_bigd : 09-18-2007 at 12:25 PM.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:17 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It's not the playbook. It's the DL. We'll never have success rushing the passer without a capable DL. Our DEs suck. Our NT sucks.
I don't buy that 100%. Last year we were able to put pressure on the QB with the same DL.

Old 09-18-2007, 01:50 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ratliff is actually playing like an above average NT. I don't get why you are so down on him.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 02:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I don't buy that 100%. Last year we were able to put pressure on the QB with the same DL.
Correction. Last year, we had more pressure than this year, but it was still subpar. It appears Phillip's 3-4 is not very "attackish" in Dallas. Looks just as "vanilla" as the Parcells' bashers claimed.