Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 09-17-2007, 11:58 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Long or Baker

I'm going Long

???????

Congratulations! You have found your seventh Scavenger Hunt Ticket!

Below is a clue to finding your next ticket:

"What was said about training camp by this NY football team leader?"

<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Last edited by D-Unit : 09-20-2007 at 03:18 PM.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 02:42 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah Long is my choice as well
Old 09-17-2007, 03:52 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt either will be there when we pick. I want DeSean Jackson.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 04:09 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
I doubt either will be there when we pick. I want DeSean Jackson.

you doubt either will be at the No. 1 pick
Old 09-17-2007, 04:11 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was going to type something along that lines.
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:12 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

long has the prototypical size to be a stud LT. baker is much smaller but will still be an effective OL wherever they decide to put him. overall u got to give the edge to long rite now.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 04:19 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Damon Huard starts the rest of the year: We'll get the #1 pick, and I'd either trade down a couple of starts to get Jake Long or I would take McFadden and trade LJ.

If Brodie starts sometime during the middle of the season at the latest: We'll have a pick around #7-12 and I would take DeSean Jackson

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 09-17-2007, 04:38 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

With Huard until the Bye Week we will be 1-6 and 2-5 at best. Then Croyle can go in and optimistically go 4-5. 5-11, 6-10. I'm guessing 6th pick. I wouldn't take DeSean that early. If Baker is available then Baker is the guy if not..then going Laurinitis/Connor//Ray Ray..shitttttttttttt Clady maybe?
Quote:
Old 09-17-2007, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would take McFadden and trade LJ.
That would be point less we just need to fix the line and get LJ some help.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:49 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
That would be point less we just need to fix the line and get LJ some help.
why would that be pointless if McFadden is better than LJ and we could use the top pick that we get for LJ to draft a O-Lineman

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 09-17-2007, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
why would that be pointless if McFadden is better than LJ and we could use the top pick that we get for LJ to draft a O-Lineman
Key word is IF you know what LJ can do McFadden is not a sure thing ya he looks like a beast and should be a star but there have been many players that look the part and bust.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:53 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Key word is IF you know what LJ can do McFadden is not a sure thing ya he looks like a beast and should be a star but there have been many players that look the part and bust.
RB's have a very low bust rate, but I seriously doubt we'll have the #1 pick

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 09-18-2007, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Wyndham
Rookie

Wyndham hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Long's awesome in the run game but his issues protecting Henne are more than enough for me to want the Chiefs to take a pass on him. I don't believe he is a franchise left tackle.

I haven't yet formed a concrete opinion on Baker. I like him, but I don't know if I like him enough. Watching more of USC will certainly allow me to make that judgement later on the season.

I wouldn't take a wide receiver if we have a pick any higher than #12 or #13. It's just too valuable of a pick for a franchise that hasn't had one that high in a few years. It'd be better spent on a cornerback, quarterback or DT, IMO. I do like Jackson but not for that price. We need to build in the trenches and add some talent at corner where we're thin on talent as a whole.
Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 08:27 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

We are getting ahead of ourselves here. Obviously there is a decent chance that we can pick high in the draft, but we need to realize that we still have 8 home games to play this year and a couple of winnable road games. It also appears that the AFC West may not be quite as strong as we had at first suspected. I think Huard bashing is becoming popular, but really the guy hasn't lost us any games, my only complaint with him is that he is not a great guy to have when we need a comeback because of his limited arm. We will start the Croyle era before long, but next week isn't the best time to tell the locker room that we are mailing it in. I agree that an OL will be probably be our best fit, but it's too hard to say given we don't know our draft position yet. Even with our holes I would have a hard time passing on a talent like Glen Dorsey he if is the best player when we draft. It will sort itself out in the upcoming weeks, but for right now I'm looking for a win against Minnesota and we will see what happens from there.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 11:00 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We'll see about the Chiefs, this week will be telling. Minnesota isn't that good, but neither are the Chiefs. At this point, I think QB might be the way to go. Neither Huard nor Croyle has impressed me, although I'd like to see Croyle go the rest of the way to see what he has. The offensive line, while not as badass as it used to be, hasn't been as God-awful as I thought it would be.

Desean Jackson is an exciting player, and Glenn Dorsey would allow us to push the James Reeds and Ron Edwards off our roster, but we need a QB who can beat teams with his arm. I'm not convinced Huard or Croyle is the answer at this point. Need 1A is a big, strong, athletic left tackle. McIntosh I think would be an even better right tackle then left and would solidify the line, Svitek is too skinny to a starting NFL lineman, and Turley and Terry are unimpressive to say the least.

I really haven't looked at any prospects yet this year, so I don't really have any names to throw out there yet.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
We'll see about the Chiefs, this week will be telling. Minnesota isn't that good, but neither are the Chiefs. At this point, I think QB might be the way to go. Neither Huard nor Croyle has impressed me, although I'd like to see Croyle go the rest of the way to see what he has. The offensive line, while not as badass as it used to be, hasn't been as God-awful as I thought it would be.

Desean Jackson is an exciting player, and Glenn Dorsey would allow us to push the James Reeds and Ron Edwards off our roster, but we need a QB who can beat teams with his arm. I'm not convinced Huard or Croyle is the answer at this point. Need 1A is a big, strong, athletic left tackle. McIntosh I think would be an even better right tackle then left and would solidify the line, Svitek is too skinny to a starting NFL lineman, and Turley and Terry are unimpressive to say the least.

I really haven't looked at any prospects yet this year, so I don't really have any names to throw out there yet.
I don't want to take a QB I would much rather get a FA QB if Croyle does not work out we don't have time to wait on a rookie QB. Our star players LJ,Gonzo,Waters ect are not getting any younger I would rather go OL for sure. I think we are better at DT then last year Boone has played well and Edwards is not great I agree but is solid and I think Tank will step it up in time. We get Jared Allen back this week which is huge it will free up everyone else or they double someone else and Allen goes nuts win win. I'm just so scared of drafting a DT high for one we are not very good at it and for to they are a very hard position to grade coming at of the draft I want no part of Ryan Sims part two.

Last edited by Splat : 09-19-2007 at 06:44 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

Chris Williams will be better than both.....homerism is fun
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:59 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't want to take a QB I would much rather get a FA QB if Croyle does not work out we don't have time to wait on a rookie QB. Our star players LJ,Gonzo,Waters ect are not getting any younger I would rather go OL for sure. I think we are better at DT then last year Boone has played well and Edwards is not great I agree but is solid and I think Tank will step it up in time. We get Jared Allen back this week which is huge it will free up everyone else or they double someone else and Allen goes nuts win win. I'm just so scared of drafting a DT high for one we are not very good at it and for to they are a very hard position to grade coming at of the draft I want no part of Ryan Sims part two.
At some point the Chiefs must develop a quarterback who can be the QB for the next 10-12-14 years. Brodie Croyle? Don't know, but we must find out. You bring up good points, but I don't think the Chiefs should be afraid to draft tackles because they have failed in the past. If you ask a girl out and she says no, do you just quit and never ask a girl out again? No! You work on your game and hope the next one says yes.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 02:04 PM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the style of offense Herm wants to run, Iíd say Jake Long is the obvious pick of the two. If Vermeil and Saunders were still here, Iíd go with Baker. Long is a mauler. Has the size and strength to blow people off the ball. Which is something Herm has said he wants to do. I think Long is a pretty solid pass protector.

I feel Baker has to tools to be a really good pass protector. The only thing I question about Baker is his functional strength and ability to drive bigger DEs off the ball.

So, considering our offense, Iíd go with Long.

Let me say this though, as someone already said, we really have to conquer the trenches first. With the exception of Brian Waters, thereís very little about our offensive line to get excited about. At no point in his career has McIntosh ever been considered great. Heís solid at best. Weigmann is probably gone after this year. I really havenít been too impressed with Welbourn this year. Turley and TerryÖnot sure either of them should be on this team after this year. And I have to ask, who is the young lineman on our team that has shown some starting potential to get excited about? I havenít seen one. Svitek has shown better. But at this point Iím not sure heís anything more than a good backup. Niswanger hasnít shown anything to get excited about. Taylor is an undersized 6th round guard that Iím not sure is stout enough to be an effective straight ahead blocker.

So IMO, the cupboards are pretty bare as relates to young starting O-Linemen on this team. With this draft supposedly being so deep at O-Line, it might not be a bad idea to grab 2 or 3 of them to replenish and youthen our talent pool.
KaneMarko is offline   Reply With Quote