Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-17-2007, 02:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Which Non-BCS team could win the BCS Bowl Bid?

Now that there is a fifth BCS Bowl game and one school from a Non-BCS Conference has the chance to be awarded that game. If qualified, who do you think will end up getting it?

Last edited by D-Unit : 09-17-2007 at 03:27 PM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Now that there is a fifth BCS Bowl game and one school from a Non-BCS Conference has to be awarded that game, who do you think will end up getting it?
Notre Dame will finish 6-6 and get it. =D

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 02:59 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hawaii has to be the favorite

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 03:00 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since I know it's the answer you want to hear, Hawaii. Them, Tulsa, and Air Force are the only Non-BCS teams that are undefeated. If not them, if TCU runs the table with the only loss to Texas than maybe them.

I didn't think it was automatic, I thought it was just if they were ranked higher than one of the teams that won the conference. Like last year it was Wake Forest.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 03:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
Since I know it's the answer you want to hear, Hawaii. Them, Tulsa, and Air Force are the only Non-BCS teams that are undefeated. If not them, if TCU runs the table with the only loss to Texas than maybe them.

I didn't think it was automatic, I thought it was just if they were ranked higher than one of the teams that won the conference. Like last year it was Wake Forest.
No last year it was Boise St.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
if TCU runs the table with the only loss to Texas than maybe them.
TCU has 2 losses. they lost to Air Force Friday
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 03:13 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
TCU has 2 losses. they lost to Air Force Friday
Thanks. Didn't see that.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:13 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

Quote:
No last year it was Boise St.
I meant Wake Forest was the conference champ that was ranked lower than Boise, which got them in.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I meant Wake Forest was the conference champ that was ranked lower than Boise, which got them in.
Say what again? I'm confused. Wake was the ACC champ and they get an automatic bid. What did they have to do with Boise getting in?
Old 09-17-2007, 03:19 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

Quote:
Say what again? I'm confused. Wake was the ACC champ and they get an automatic bid. What did they have to do with Boise getting in?
Because Boise was ranked higher than one of the conference champs (Wake) they got in, that's what I thought the rule was. Let me check.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:21 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

Here are the rules

With this format, the champions of the Atlantic Coast, Big East, Big Ten, Big 12, Pacific-10 and Southeastern Conferences will continue to play annually in one of the BCS bowls through the post-season following the regular season. In addition, one conference champion from among Conference USA, Mid-American, Mountain West, Sun Belt, and Western Athletic Conferences will automatically qualify to play in a BCS bowl if it is:

(1) ranked among the top 14 teams in the final BCS standings; or

(2) ranked among the top 16 teams in the final BCS standings and ranked higher than the champion of one of the conferences whose champion has an annual automatic berth in a BCS bowl.

This is what I was thinking of.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:24 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah there is no non BCS-automatic birth, but nice try at creating another thread about Hawaii D-Unit. ;)

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 03:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Here are the rules

With this format, the champions of the Atlantic Coast, Big East, Big Ten, Big 12, Pacific-10 and Southeastern Conferences will continue to play annually in one of the BCS bowls through the post-season following the regular season. In addition, one conference champion from among Conference USA, Mid-American, Mountain West, Sun Belt, and Western Athletic Conferences will automatically qualify to play in a BCS bowl if it is:

(1) ranked among the top 14 teams in the final BCS standings; or

(2) ranked among the top 16 teams in the final BCS standings and ranked higher than the champion of one of the conferences whose champion has an annual automatic berth in a BCS bowl.

This is what I was thinking of.
Oh very good research!

I'd say if Hawaii goes undefeated, they have to be the team to get it. They are ranked #18 in the USA Today poll right now. 14 is not far away.

If they lose a game, they are out though. No doubt about that.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Yeah there is no non BCS-automatic birth, but nice try at creating another thread about Hawaii D-Unit. ;)
Sorry, I thought there was. My mistake, but at least I learned something new. :D

My purpose wasn't to create "another" Hawaii thread (as if there is one)... but it was to stir discussion on who could be in the race for it.

...and I edited the post title and original post.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:38 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hawaii if they go 12-0 and win most every game commandingly

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd say Hawaii. I don't see any team on their schedule that they should lose to, except for maybe Washington.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 06:19 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colt Brennan

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 07:59 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Colt Brennan
Man with two right hands throws balls better.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote