Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 09-17-2007, 06:31 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Challenge A.K.A. 49ers @ Home

Does anyone think this is going to be a challenge for us?? Peter King thinks this will be the game of the week. (i know most of his shiv is bogus but i like MMQB)

I don't see how 49ers O can do anything against our D. anyone??

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 06:46 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
Does anyone think this is going to be a challenge for us?? Peter King thinks this will be the game of the week. (i know most of his shiv is bogus but i like MMQB)

I don't see how 49ers O can do anything against our D. anyone??
yeah since the 49ers havnt put up squat the past couple weeks i dont see alex smith doing anything against our D

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 06:54 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea i mean i watched the AZ-SF game in its entirety and i just don't see it either. especially with how the pass rush is looking. i'm gonna love seeing that utah Qb run around confused.

Old 09-17-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing I'm worried about is their aggresive blitzing scheme against our o-line

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Personally i think we matchup pretty well against them, especially on D, but the game isnt played on paper and SF finds ways to keep games close.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:22 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
Personally i think we matchup pretty well against them, especially on D, but the game isnt played on paper and SF finds ways to keep games close.
true, and if we dont execute better in the redzone then it could be problematic

Old 09-17-2007, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it comes down to the same thing.

Playing smart, limiting turnovers. They gave a huge chunk of change for their secondary. I think Ben can exploit it with Holmes deep speed and if we continue using the TE's in the pass game.

I don't think they're going to give the deep game many chances, but those 6-7 yard underneath routes should be there.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 09:02 AM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

I'm expecting another slaughter. But then again, right now I think I'm high off these victories.
steelernation77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 09:33 AM    (permalink
PittPete
Rookie

PittPete PittPete PittPete

the niners are one of the up and coming teams, considering where they were just a coupleyears ago. However we would have to have one of those meltdown games not to give them a whoopin. their defense is for real and should keep it closer than our first two, but I don't think our offense has really showed itself yet either.
PittPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

21-10 steelers is my prediction
Old 09-18-2007, 12:46 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

following in WardJr's footsteps, what does everyone predict??

i'm gonna go with a 17-6 Steelers or 31-14 Steelers but i want us to stick to keeping these first 5 teams to single digits.

Old 09-18-2007, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Quote:
following in WardJr's footsteps, what does everyone predict??

i'm gonna go with a 17-6 Steelers or 31-14 Steelers but i want us to stick to keeping these first 5 teams to single digits.
Choose one!
Old 09-18-2007, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Im gonna say 35-10
Old 09-18-2007, 01:14 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

Quote:
Choose one!
I CAN'T!! ok i'll mix the two. i think it goes 31-6. :D

Old 09-18-2007, 02:26 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I CAN'T!! ok i'll mix the two. i think it goes 31-6. :D
im going to go with a 27 - 9 victory

Old 09-18-2007, 02:49 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

are there any 49er fans on this forum?? i kinda want to get there opinions too. and good job on picking single digits. the defense is nasty.

Old 09-18-2007, 02:51 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They shoulda never gotten 17 points against the shittyness of our (the Rams) defense. Steelers win this 27-3.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
They shoulda never gotten 17 points against the shittyness of our (the Rams) defense. Steelers win this 27-3.
Thats a fine prediction.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

I think the opening line is 8.5 for the Steelers.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:56 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

Quote:
Thats a fine prediction.
agreed. 13 points the first 3 games. such a beautiful thing.

Old 09-18-2007, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

To be honest we look better than I could have hoped for, we are looking great.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:01 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

Quote:
To be honest we look better than I could have hoped for, we are looking great.
totally agree with you. i thought would be doing good, but we do look better than i thought we were. even if it has been against inferior teams. they are still NFL teams.

Old 09-18-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going 27-3 As well.

I think we can severely limit their offense.

What scares me is their interior of the defense.

By interior I mean.. Bryant Young and Patrick Willis. Simmons is the weakest pass blocker on the OL. And if Simmons has to go 1-on-1 With Young, Young is going to win. Same with bringing Willis on a blitz between the C/RG gap. If they hit that hard we could be in trouble.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 05:58 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

i don't know if i just have too much confidence in davenport but on the obvious 3rd and longs (hope we don't get into too many of those) i think if they bring willis in on a blitz, i don't Najeh's ability to pick him up. there were several occasions in the last two games when i was very impressed with his ability to handle guys. especially a fast running Wimbley and several guys last week.

and thanks Mr. Stiller.

Old 09-19-2007, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

I [predicted us with such a high score because I think the gameplan will fancy the throw. Holmes should have a career day.