Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-17-2007, 09:00 PM    (permalink
dc4life
Rookie

dc4life needs more cowbell.
Default Holy shiznits, Tank Johnson!?

Free agent DT Tank Johnson will visit the Cowboys this week.
Johnson, who would be eligible to play in Week 9 if he signs with Dallas, would likely be used at nose tackle in Wade Phillips' 3-4 scheme. The suspended defensive lineman would help undersized Jay Ratliff fill the void left by Jason Ferguson's season ending injury.
Source: Dallas Morning News

per rotoworld.
dc4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What would he play in your defense? DE or DT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:07 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
What would he play in your defense? DE or DT?
ugh he's not a 3-4 DL... he's like dwayne robertson... not big enough to play NT, not tall enough/quick enough to play DE... hopefully he proves me wrong and does well if he goes there
Old 09-17-2007, 09:45 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Bad move, both team and scheme, but not a surprise given our GM.

Tank should go to the Rams or Indy something. Indy could really use him and it is the same system.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 12:51 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well i guess another body doesnt hurt, being that our D line can use all the help it can get...but i agree he's more of a 4-3 or cover 2 down lineman, not sure how we would even use him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 02:01 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't think that this news isn't a coincidence that we're facing the Bears this weekend. Just another way to steal inside info... the legal way.

I'm not overly excited about him, but we've resuscitated goods in the past with pretty good success. Some damaged (Columbo), some with attitude (TO, Terry Glenn, Hamlin), some that didn't meet expectations (Leonard Davis, Aaron Glen)...

Who knows how it'll turn out, if he's brought aboard? I don't see the harm in trying him out. One thing I have to say... and it's pretty significant, is that I like the players that Wade is bringing in on defense. Guys with a little bit of crazy edge... Hamlin, Spencer and now Tank... It's pretty apparent when you look at the SD defense, that they have that "edge" and swagger. I've been a big proponent that our defense NEEDS that type of attitude and that we've been too, for lack of a better word... nice...or maybe even... soft.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 02:15 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tank doesn't have an edge. He lives in the subburbs and keeps loaded guns at his gated house with a bunch of two year olds running around.

There's a difference between being tough and being ******* ********.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 02:16 AM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Tank doesn't have an edge. He lives in the subburbs and keeps loaded guns at his gated house with a bunch of two year olds running around.

maybe he can threaten the next team into forfiting?
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 04:21 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post

There's obviously something that went on between you two that I just don't understand. Was it really that painful? If you're still hurt, let it out... let it aaaallll out. Breath slowly... It'll feel better.

:D

Last edited by D-Unit : 09-18-2007 at 04:52 AM.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:44 AM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Don't think that this news isn't a coincidence that we're facing the Bears this weekend. Just another way to steal inside info... the legal way.
Yeah, maybe. Good theory but tape will show as much as Tank will say anyway. Not like the D of O are very difficult to understand.

Quote:
I'm not overly excited about him, but we've resuscitated goods in the past with pretty good success. Some damaged (Columbo), some with attitude (TO, Terry Glenn, Hamlin), some that didn't meet expectations (Leonard Davis, Aaron Glen).
Yeah, maybe, but there is something different between "bad teammate" and "he plays with guns and his best friends seem to get killed."

Just a little different. But what do I know.

Quote:
Who knows how it'll turn out, if he's brought aboard? I don't see the harm in trying him out. One thing I have to say... and it's pretty significant, is that I like the players that Wade is bringing in on defense. Guys with a little bit of crazy edge... Hamlin, Spencer and now Tank... It's pretty apparent when you look at the SD defense, that they have that "edge" and swagger. I've been a big proponent that our defense NEEDS that type of attitude and that we've been too, for lack of a better word... nice...or maybe even... soft.
Rather be the Patriots D (boring and smart) than the Chargers (athletic and stupid). Unfortunately we are boring, stupid and not quite as athletic on D so far.

But hey, it is all about results. Swagger or not.... put for dough and drive for show.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:45 AM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
There's obviously something that went on between you two that I just don't understand. Was it really that painful? If you're still hurt, let it out... let it aaaallll out. Breath slowly... It'll feel better.:D
Maybe they met as cell mates in the Pen. Long lasting emotion bonds (scars).
Old 09-18-2007, 11:23 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
Yeah, maybe. Good theory but tape will show as much as Tank will say anyway. Not like the D of O are very difficult to understand.

Yeah, maybe, but there is something different between "bad teammate" and "he plays with guns and his best friends seem to get killed."

Just a little different. But what do I know.

Rather be the Patriots D (boring and smart) than the Chargers (athletic and stupid). Unfortunately we are boring, stupid and not quite as athletic on D so far.

But hey, it is all about results. Swagger or not.... put for dough and drive for show.
I never thought of them that way... But I'd always take smarts over athleticism. The major difference between those teams and ours is the DL. Ours is weak. W-E-A-K. Been saying that since the offseason. This is a move to try to improve it. I really don't care about personal issues unless they make us lose.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:19 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
I really don't care about personal issues unless they make us lose.
Unfortunately, you don't find out about personal issue till after you lose.

Personally, I don't think Tank is a bad guy. I just think he is really stupid and arrogant.

I also think he is a 1% fit for this Defense.

I also think that if this desparate would it not make more sense to use a 2 or 3 to go get a 2nd or 3rd year NT who might be ready to play but is lagging behind in a scheme situation or is behind a star.

Gabe Watson maybe? Dockett and Branch got the DT spot locked down in AZ.

On the Chargers v Patriots -- yes, I perceive the SD players all wanna be "lights out ESPN freaks." To me it explains McCree screwing up last year thinking he would take an INT "to the house" when all he needed to do was fall down. But talent wise -- SD.

Last edited by robert_in_bigd : 09-18-2007 at 12:23 PM.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He cant have contact with the team until his suspension ends.

I dont hate the move, we need help on the line and at least we're trying to make it better. What's the worst that could happen?
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 03:01 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFL Live just reported Tank signed a 2 year deal with the cowboys.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yep its official now...

and i was just gonna say i wouldnt mind doing something like the colts did for mcfarland last yr to sure up their D line...id give up a 3rd for watson if available, or a 2nd if he was young or had potential...

but i guess we see what tank does for us during the stretch...is he allowed to practice at least?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 03:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

My question is, does he serve 8 weeks starting from now? Or do the first 2 weeks of the season count. We need him.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
He cant have contact with the team until his suspension ends.

I dont hate the move, we need help on the line and at least we're trying to make it better. What's the worst that could happen?
I'm not so sure. ESPN says he'll have time to learn the position while serving his suspension. You need to have contact w/the team in order to do that, right?
Old 09-18-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Oh lord. Let's see how this plays out.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:37 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BX View Post
Oh lord. Let's see how this plays out.
It'll be good. No doubt about it in my mind.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:38 PM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

The team can contact the player about his position without it counting as "working out" with the team.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:40 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not to defend Tank Johnson, but Bear51 comments about keeping loaded guns in a house with children bothers me. I keep a loaded gun in my house at all times and I have a young daughter. That doesn't mean the gun is within her contact, but the fact that it's loaded is neither against the law nor is it a problem in my opinion.

The fact his guns weren't registered is a problem.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 03:57 PM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

I wonder who we released to make room for Tank.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like it. I think it's going to be good. Better him than Ratliff IMO.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 04:12 PM    (permalink
dc4life
Rookie

dc4life needs more cowbell.

Since Tank got signed, who gets cut? Or is there a rule about this specific situation (signing a suspended player)?
dc4life is offline   Reply With Quote