Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

Old 09-18-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default NFC East Rankings Thread

K we will do an NFC positional rankings list. First up are RB and QB. Please include any reasoning needed. Obvious homer votes will be thrown out, such as ranking Julius Jones as the #1 RB for example.

Rank these QB's from 4-1, 1 being best:
-Donovan Mcnabb
-Jason Campbell
-Eli Manning
-Tony Romo

Rank these RB's from 6-1
-Brandon Jacobs
-Brian Westbrook
-Clinton Portis
-Ladell Betts
-Julius Jones
-Marion Barber

I'll start with mine:

QB's:
1) Donovan Mcnabb-I know he's been bad first 2 games but he's still my #1. Just rusty IMO letting throws get away from him but he still has that mobility and cannon of an arm. Doesn't help that his wideouts blow.
2) Tony Romo-Obviously has weapons but has shown the ability to spread the ball. Needs to prove he can be consistent for a whole season though to take the crown for me.
3) Eli Manning:Has many good games, and is a gunslinger but far to inconsistent to give his team a shot at serious success.
4) Jason Campbell: Trust me I could have easily had him higher but just because he has played the least I'll put him here. But potential wise I think he's the brightest of the 4.

RB's:
1) Brian Westbrook-Most dynamic player in the conference. Plays all over the field for the Eagles. Excellent pass catcher and rusher but still has never really carried a huge amount of carries in a single season.
2) Clinton Portis-The most talented back in the conference, best blocker of the bunch, solid receiver has true game breaking speed and hits the hole hard. Would be putting up 100+ every game if he didn't share the load.
3) Marion Barber-Hard runner, has speed to break away. Goaline effective running back, he however has never had to shoulder the load himself so maybe next year is the first year we see that.
4) Brandon Jacobs-Powerful runner but I still have my doubts about him being a starting RB in the league and getting 20+ carries a game.
5) Ladell Betts-Downhill runner who gets 4 yards a pop on every carry. 2nd best receiver after Westbrook, just a hard worker and a no nonsense runner.
6) Julius Jones-Crafty runner but lacks gamebreaking speed and dances a little too much.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 11:01 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
K we will do an NFC positional rankings list. First up are RB and QB. Please include any reasoning needed. Obvious homer votes will be thrown out, such as ranking Julius Jones as the #1 RB for example.

Rank these QB's from 4-1, 1 being best:
-Donovan Mcnabb
-Jason Campbell
-Eli Manning
-Tony Romo

Rank these RB's from 6-1
-Brandon Jacobs
-Brian Westbrook
-Clinton Portis
-Ladell Betts
-Julius Jones
-Marion Barber

I'll start with mine:

QB's:
1) Donovan Mcnabb-I know he's been bad first 2 games but he's still my #1. Just rusty IMO letting throws get away from him but he still has that mobility and cannon of an arm. Doesn't help that his wideouts blow.
2) Tony Romo-Obviously has weapons but has shown the ability to spread the ball. Needs to prove he can be consistent for a whole season though to take the crown for me.
3) Eli Manning:Has many good games, and is a gunslinger but far to inconsistent to give his team a shot at serious success.
4) Jason Campbell: Trust me I could have easily had him higher but just because he has played the least I'll put him here. But potential wise I think he's the brightest of the 4.

RB's:
1) Brian Westbrook-Most dynamic player in the conference. Plays all over the field for the Eagles. Excellent pass catcher and rusher but still has never really carried a huge amount of carries in a single season.
2) Clinton Portis-The most talented back in the conference, best blocker of the bunch, solid receiver has true game breaking speed and hits the hole hard. Would be putting up 100+ every game if he didn't share the load.
3) Marion Barber-Hard runner, has speed to break away. Goaline effective running back, he however has never had to shoulder the load himself so maybe next year is the first year we see that.
4) Brandon Jacobs-Powerful runner but I still have my doubts about him being a starting RB in the league and getting 20+ carries a game.
5) Ladell Betts-Downhill runner who gets 4 yards a pop on every carry. 2nd best receiver after Westbrook, just a hard worker and a no nonsense runner.
6) Julius Jones-Crafty runner but lacks gamebreaking speed and dances a little too much.

I actually agree with both position rankings, and Im really high on campbell, loved what he did at Auburn, and he looks so poised out there, I think he's gonna end up being better then Eli and we should see some strides with him...I think he has the least experience so he should make the most mistakes this year, but he has so much potential...

really the NFC East qb's are solid top to bottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Donovan Mcnabb - Still clearly the best, but if he doesn't quit acting like a crybaby I may demote him to 2 just to spite him. Needs real receivers.
2. Tony Romo - Fast rising, could easily be #1 by the end of the season. Last season was no fluke!
3. Jason Campbell - Uber talented and on the way up. Will be interesting to see how he does with this year's line.
4. Eli Manning - What the hell happened to this guy? Really? Was this really the first overall pick in that draft? Good call making that trade, San Diego really got the bad end of that deal, what with Merriman and Rivers and all.

1. Brian Westbrook - Awesome player, I hate seeing him injured. Would be crazy to see him in a scheme where he was actually treated like a real running back. Amazing hands and vision.
2. Marion Barber - The actual best blocker, contrary to what ghetto thinks. The best vision, the second best hands to Westbrook. All he really lacks is that 5th gear to take it to the house.
3. Brandon Jacobs - Big beast and a one of a kind player. Sucks with him injured.
4. Clinton Portis - An injury prone, overrated, product of Denver.
5. Ladell Betts - A very strong scrub.
6. Julius Jones - A very fast scrub.

Last edited by Ward : 09-19-2007 at 11:30 PM.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
1. Donovan Mcnabb - Still clearly the best, but if he doesn't quit acting like a crybaby I may demote him to 2 just to spite him. Needs real receivers.
2. Tony Romo - Fast rising, could easily be #1 by the end of the season. Last season was no fluke!
3. Jason Campbell - Uber talented and on the way up. Will be interesting to see how he does with this year's line.
4. Eli Manning - What the hell happened to this guy? Really? Was this really the first overall pick in that draft? Good call making that trade, San Diego really got the bad end of that deal, what with Merriman and Rivers and all.

1. Brian Westbrook - Awesome player, I hate seeing him injured. Would be crazy to see him in a scheme where he was actually treated like a real running back. Amazing hands and vision.
2. Marion Barber - The actual best blocker, contrary to what ghetto thinks. The best vision, the second best hands to Westbrook. All he really lacks is that 5th gear to take it to the house.
3. Brandon Jacobs - Big beast and a one of a kind player. Sucks with him injured.
4. Clinton Portis - An injury prone, overrated, product of Denver.
5. Ladell Betts - A very strong scrub.
6. Julius Jones - A very fast scrub.
How could you possibly put Campbell ahead of Eli at this point? That's a joke. Regardless of what Eli did prior to the draft he has been a more successful QB than Campbell. And what no one ever mentions is that A) we would have to give up Osi instead of that 1st round pick B) we probably wouldn't havent taken Merriman if we did have that pick and C)Rivers has struggled the last 10 games of his professional career.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 01:06 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
How could you possibly put Campbell ahead of Eli at this point? That's a joke. Regardless of what Eli did prior to the draft he has been a more successful QB than Campbell.
Eli has accomplished nothing with an (until this season) excellent offense. If you changed his last name to Smith or Johnson, he's benched. For what it's worth, I have him and Campbell tied, but Campbell is on the way up whereas Eli is on the way down.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Eli has accomplished nothing with an (until this season) excellent offense. If you changed his last name to Smith or Johnson, he's benched. For what it's worth, I have him and Campbell tied, but Campbell is on the way up whereas Eli is on the way down.
Last time I checked Eli did make the playoffs in his first 2 years as a starter. Campbell is the one who has accomplished nothing so far.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:43 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Until Campbell has a full season under his belt, you have to give Eli the benefit of the doubt. Experience trumps potential at this point. At season's end, we can more fairly assess the situation in the East.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Despite being a moderator or whatever you are, you are officially a moron if you truly believe this.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:56 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Despite being a moderator or whatever you are, you are officially a moron if you truly believe this.
What Ward is arguing is that Campbell is a better player not who had a better career. Just because Eli has played more games and passed for more yards doesn't make him a better QB in current day. His opinion is valid. If you make that argument how the hell can you some of you rank Brandon Jacobs over Clinton Portis, when Jacobs has done nothing in his career yet.

Old 09-20-2007, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What Ward is arguing is that Campbell is a better player not who had a better career. Just because Eli has played more games and passed for more yards doesn't make him a better QB in current day. His opinion is valid. If you make that argument how the hell can you some of you rank Brandon Jacobs over Clinton Portis, when Jacobs has done nothing in his career yet.
I wouldn't do that either. As long as Clinton is healthy he is clearly better. But at the same token as of right now Campbell is clearly not better than Eli. That much is certain. He just can't get the ball downfield yet like Eli can.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:13 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Campbell hasn't had an opportunity to really throw downfield yet. Saunders is establishing the run, which is old school NFC East football. The play-action pass and the downfield game will be there. It's just not part of the repetoir just yet. I think this kind of issue needs to be discussed later in the season, when we have a chance to look at Eli and Campbell continuously for a few months.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 09-20-2007, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Campbell hasn't had an opportunity to really throw downfield yet. Saunders is establishing the run, which is old school NFC East football. The play-action pass and the downfield game will be there. It's just not part of the repetoir just yet. I think this kind of issue needs to be discussed later in the season, when we have a chance to look at Eli and Campbell continuously for a few months.
Well he missed Moss downfield for what was a TD the other night. Of course that was only one throw, but that should have been 6 points. Either way to definitively say that a guy who has started 9 games is definately better than Eli Manning is ridiculous. My reaction was more to the fact that it was said if Eli had a different last name than Manning, he would be benched. That is even more ridiculous. Or the fact that Campbell is "uber talented". I liked the Campbell pick for the Redskins, because we all knew Brunell was never gonna take them where they wanted to go, but I would never refer to him as "uber talented".
Old 09-20-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Well he missed Moss downfield for what was a TD the other night. Of course that was only one throw, but that should have been 6 points. Either way to definitively say that a guy who has started 9 games is definately better than Eli Manning is ridiculous. My reaction was more to the fact that it was said if Eli had a different last name than Manning, he would be benched. That is even more ridiculous. Or the fact that Campbell is "uber talented". I liked the Campbell pick for the Redskins, because we all knew Brunell was never gonna take them where they wanted to go, but I would never refer to him as "uber talented".
How is he not "uber talented", lol that word is funny. 6-5 230 pound QB's with good mobility, tough in the pocket and cannon arms don't exactly grow on trees.

Old 09-20-2007, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
How is he not "uber talented", lol that word is funny. 6-5 230 pound QB's with good mobility, tough in the pocket and cannon arms don't exactly grow on trees.
It happens more than you would think. I mean if every QB who came along like that was actually "uber talented", every team could have a pro bowler under center.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Yes, because Eli has never missed a throw...

I'm not saying anything one way or another. Campbell has been efficient, but Eli is a more explosive offensive leader at this point in time. It is possible that Campbell will prove himself down the line. It's not fair to compare them because of the differing levels of experience.

Old 09-20-2007, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
I disagree
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Last edited by Number 10 : 11-05-2007 at 01:13 PM. Reason: I made a mistake
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

I'd just like to thank Giants1080 for actually engaging me with an argument, rather than insults. Thanks for having some common human decency, and a respect for the rules.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eli Manning is heavenly. =D

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 12:32 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Last time I checked Eli did make the playoffs in his first 2 years as a starter. Campbell is the one who has accomplished nothing so far.
Eli went to the playoffs with his team, the result of an excellent supporting cast on offense and decent enough defense. The team wasn't really that far removed from the Super Bowl. Now it is. And it shows.

Campbell is, to quote a hero of mine, "a diamond surrounded by trash".
Old 09-21-2007, 12:34 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Eli went to the playoffs with his team, the result of an excellent supporting cast on offense and decent enough defense. The team wasn't really that far removed from the Super Bowl. Now it is. And it shows.

Campbell is, to quote a hero of mine, "a diamond surrounded by trash".
Campbell has two quality RBs, two quality WRs, but a somewhat suspect O-line. He definately has certain things going for him.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Campbell has two quality RBs, two quality WRs, but a somewhat suspect O-line. He definately has certain things going for him.
I'd say he has one quality RBC and a fast receiving corps. The O-line would be awesome if Dockery were still there and everyone was healthy. But that isn't the case. Don't forget Campbell has had to deal with learning Saunders' infamously insane playbook.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:53 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB's:
1) Tony Romo-Underrated QB that has bounced back from his infamous fumble and so called late season collapse that was overly criticized. Doesn't get the recognition he deserves. At some point, you have to believe what your eyes tell you.
2) Donovan Mcnabb-Based off this season's play he should be #4. The NFL is a league all about "what have you done for me lately". McNabb is resting on his laurels, but I think a turnaround is likely.
3) Eli Manning-Seriously can't stand his cry baby face. He's proved enough that he can hang in the league, but expectations are still unfairly high. Unfair because he doesn't have the ceiling to get there.
4) Jason Campbell-On the rise, but is more of a bus driver than anything else right now. I've always thought of him as a bus driver, even in college. Not that that's bad, because he could easily jump to #2 by the end of the year.

RB's:
1) Clinton Portis-Has all the talent you want. Will he finally get through a healthy year?
2) Brian Westbrook-If you can't gain the tough yard pounding your way through, you don't get the #1 ranking.
3) Marion Barber-The Barbarian plays with a controlled abandonment and is a complete RB that can run, block and catch. Could shoot to #1 sooner rather than later. This is the first year Dallas has a formidable OL since he's been w/the team.
4) Brandon Jacobs-When you combine a guy who is injury prone who runs upright, that just spells trouble.
5) Ladell Betts-Good back up.
6) Julius Jones-Just another guy.

Last edited by D-Unit : 09-21-2007 at 01:38 PM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 02:09 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

I have to ask the fans of Clinton Portis: What has this guy shown you post-Denver to make you believe he is an elite, or even great back? He's not even the most physically gifted back.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:52 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think D put it best with Eli having unfair expectations. He has looked great so far this year, but will never reach his older bro in terms of QB'ing. This is his 1st full year as being the leader of the O, and he's looked great so far(granted, it's 2 games in...) With even a mediocre D, he could be easily 2-0.

one thing gets me Ward, how if he wasnt a Manning would he be benched? Leading a team to the playoffs 2 years in a row doesnt call for benching, and neither does what he did in week 1. He even played very well last week. His stats have shown nothing in terms of benchin him. Many hate his "aw shucks" look and the media loves to chew him apart. His decision making has improved drastically this year, and he has to throw more and more with always playing from behind because of the lack of D.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
one thing gets me Ward, how if he wasnt a Manning would he be benched? Leading a team to the playoffs 2 years in a row doesnt call for benching, and neither does what he did in week 1. He even played very well last week. His stats have shown nothing in terms of benchin him. Many hate his "aw shucks" look and the media loves to chew him apart. His decision making has improved drastically this year, and he has to throw more and more with always playing from behind because of the lack of D.
Byron Leftwich has outperformed the kid over the past two years statistically, and his team has done better things with a less talented offense (IMO). And he lost his job.