Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

Old 09-21-2007, 02:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
We're like oil and water.
Sorry pal, nothing personal.

I do think of myself as the oil since I rise to the top though. haha. ;) :D
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Best QB according to whom? I have Romo #1 hands down right now.
And you being a Cowboys fan clearly has nothing to do with that, right?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 05:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
And you being a Cowboys fan clearly has nothing to do with that, right?
I think I was objective enough in my comments and fair across the board. Two games into the season, Romo has been the best QB in our division. Wanna contest that? Man up.

If I was being a homer, Marion Barber would not be ranked #3 in my rankings.
Old 09-21-2007, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think I was objective enough in my comments and fair across the board. Two games into the season, Romo has been the best QB in our division. Wanna contest that? Man up.

If I was being a homer, Marion Barber would not be ranked #3 in my rankings.
Chill dude I wasn't mocking you I was straightforwardly asking you. No sarcasm, just a question.
Old 09-21-2007, 05:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Chill dude I wasn't mocking you I was straightforwardly asking you. No sarcasm, just a question.
I'm chill. I just like to get into arguments that I know I can win. Just being straight forward. No sarcasm. ;)
Old 09-21-2007, 05:42 PM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So i don't know how the rankings should go... as far as talent i think it would be

1 McNabb
2 Rhomo
3 Campbell
4 Manning

As far as the season so far

1 Rhomo
2 Manning
3 McNabb
4 Campbell

I don't think the Rhomo run is not going to last. In fact, i think he's going to do not so well against Bears which is the first real test for the cowgirls.

Manning has done good considering the circumstances in NY... i think he'll probably end up having the worst season of the 4 though.

McNabble hasn't looked very good so far but his team is on the way down... last year was there last gasp... but he's still the best QB in the division.

Campbell is good but he didn't play well against the Phins... and was only average against the iggles. I hope this game against the weak Giants secondary can be his breakout game.

RBs

Portis - Westbrook -uno
barber - 3

everyone else.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain View Post
So i don't know how the rankings should go... as far as talent i think it would be

1 McNabb
2 Rhomo
3 Campbell
4 Manning

As far as the season so far

1 Rhomo
2 Manning
3 McNabb
4 Campbell

I don't think the Rhomo run is not going to last. In fact, i think he's going to do not so well against Bears which is the first real test for the cowgirls.

Manning has done good considering the circumstances in NY... i think he'll probably end up having the worst season of the 4 though.

McNabble hasn't looked very good so far but his team is on the way down... last year was there last gasp... but he's still the best QB in the division.

Campbell is good but he didn't play well against the Phins... and was only average against the iggles. I hope this game against the weak Giants secondary can be his breakout game.

RBs

Portis - Westbrook -uno
barber - 3

everyone else.
Some posters don't understand. Once you start with the name calling and disrespect, everything you say becomes immature, irrelevant and worthless. I stopped reading after the first sentence. But hey, at least you wasted your time typing up a bunch of whatever it is you call it. McBain, welcome to my Ignore List.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:22 PM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Some posters don't understand. Once you start with the name calling and disrespect, everything you say becomes immature, irrelevant and worthless. I stopped reading after the first sentence. But hey, at least you wasted your time typing up a bunch of whatever it is you call it. McBain, welcome to my Ignore List.

I'm sorry, did i huwt you feewings?
Old 09-21-2007, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Give him a break D. I mean he actually figured out that Romo rhymed with H.omo. Genius. Because, I've never heard that before, and I mean never. He should be proud of being so observant. This could well be the highlight and pinnacle of his intellectual being, so just let him slide. Romo and H.omo. Ha, it's just so clever.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 12:04 AM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Give him a break D. I mean he actually figured out that Romo rhymed with H.omo. Genius. Because, I've never heard that before, and I mean never. He should be proud of being so observant. This could well be the highlight and pinnacle of his intellectual being, so just let him slide. Romo and H.omo. Ha, it's just so clever.
If it's so not clever and stupid... then why are you making such a huge deal about it? Seriously, boo ******* hoo :'(
Old 09-22-2007, 12:06 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its nice to see the Skins fans come back. They add some spice. Theyve been waiting 10 months for this moment, lol.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:32 AM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Its nice to see the Skins fans come back. They add some spice. Theyve been waiting 10 months for this moment, lol.
I've been here the whole time. But thank you for the spice comment... i like to think of myself as a veritable spicy mcchicken... or maybe the ranch blt. They are both delicious but have that kick. But that's what i would be if i had to define myself on mcdonalds menu. Now if were talking BK.... i'm thinking texas double whopper.
Old 09-22-2007, 04:31 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain View Post
I doN'T think the Rhomo run is NOT going to last.
So you think "Rhomo" (don't know why you spelled it that way, it would still be pronounced the same) is going to continue playing well? great to hear!
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 05:59 PM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryman View Post
So you think "Rhomo" (don't know why you spelled it that way, it would still be pronounced the same) is going to continue playing well? great to hear!
Yes, but i'm enunciating the h... even if i wasn't, it's how it looks as well. Just a typo... i wrote it all pretty quickly.... but the meaning is still pretty obvious. Whatever i guess.

Last edited by McBain : 09-22-2007 at 06:02 PM.
McBain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 03:45 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OK Next set of rankings, here we go:

FB's:
-Mike Sellers
-Robert Douglas
-Oliver Hoyt
-Thomas Tapeh

My rankings:
1) Mike Sellers: No doubt no question, beastliest FB in the league in my opinion. Crushing Blocker, and Short yardage runner, the most money redzone receiving threat of all FB's in the league.
2) Thomas Tapeh:Solid All around FB
3) Oliver Hoyt:Who Cares
4) Robert Douglas:Who Cares

WR's:
-Kevin Curtis
-Reggie Brown
-Santana Moss
-Antwaan Randle El
-TO
-Terry Glenn
-Plaxico Burress
-Amani Toomer

My Rankings
1) TO- No question, TD machine, physically dominant, inconsistent hands.
2) Plaxico Burress- Still hasn't lived up to his physical talents, but he is a huge vertical threat, big strong guy who grabs the high balls.
3) Santana Moss- Is a pro bowl level player with inconsistent QB play, is 10x better against NFC East opponents basically torching all of the teams. Most explosive wideout in the division, best deep ball receiver, negatives are at times lapses in concentration on the shorter passes, not a redzone jumpball threat, tries to block and go down the middle but physical deficiencies hold him back.
4) Amani Toomer-A solid vet who can still play ball.
5) Terry Glenn-Speedy vet, has yet to play this season. Has shown the real ability this season to step up and be a real #2 wideout. Has much more value in trick plays and returning punts.
6) Antwaan Randle El- Most dynamic receiver in the division.
7) Kevin Curtis-Was huge last week with Donovan but up to that didn't really do anything, physical capabilities will always hold him back as an average receiver.
8) Reggie Brown-Great physical tools and showed last year in glimpses of being great, but is highly inconsistent and has been invisible this year dropping many passes.

TE's:
-Jason Witten
-Jeremy Shockey
-Chris Cooley
-LJ Smith

That list would probably be my rankings.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 03:49 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with basically all the rankings. The giants right now dont use a FB at all. Hedgecock is our main blocker though. Douglas doesnt play much, and BJ/RD take the short yardage carries.

I'm glad somebody appreciates Toomer as much as Giants fans do. vastly under rated IMO.

Now SHockey and Witten are a toss up at #1 TE spot. My homerism gives it to Shockey, but it could go either way
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I agree with basically all the rankings. The giants right now dont use a FB at all. Hedgecock is our main blocker though. Douglas doesnt play much, and BJ/RD take the short yardage carries.

I'm glad somebody appreciates Toomer as much as Giants fans do. vastly under rated IMO.

Now SHockey and Witten are a toss up at #1 TE spot. My homerism gives it to Shockey, but it could go either way
Shockey is physically superior to Witten in every way. I'd even say he is now even a better blocker. The only reason they are close and a toss up is Shockey's laspes in concentration which Witten doesn't have.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:51 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Shockey is physically superior to Witten in every way. I'd even say he is now even a better blocker. The only reason they are close and a toss up is Shockey's laspes in concentration which Witten doesn't have.
When it comes to on field performance... which is all that should matter... Witten trumps Shockey so far this year. Who cares who's physically superior if it doesn't show up on the field? ...and no... Shockey's blocking is not better. OMG.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:54 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
When it comes to on field performance... which is all that should matter... Witten trumps Shockey so far this year. Who cares who's physically superior if it doesn't show up on the field? ...and no... Shockey's blocking is not better. OMG.
The on field performance isn't that far apart this year. Especially considering Witten got to torch our defensive secondary which is terrible. At one point Shockey's blocking wasn't better, but I suggest you re-evaluate it. Shockey is almost a downright dominate blocker now.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

D-Unit-

I love Shockey's intensity and what he brings to the field week in and week out. However, there are so many antics I have started to get fed up with and I have even had thoughts of what we could get in a trade for him because sometimes I feel he just isn't worth it.

But in terms of evaluating his play...he is a better blocker than Witten. Gilbride keeps him into block so often now and it used to drive me buts because I thought he should be out there running routes. But I have put the eyeball on him and his blocking and he has been tossing defensive linemen around like nothing. The guy puts on muscle weight every year (I think he's close to 260 now even though Giants.com has 251)....hes just such a beast.

I actually think Shockey has passed Witten as a blocker but Witten actually might be on his way to passing Shockey as a receiver. Just an observation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 10:49 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Id say at this point, theyre equal blockers. Seriously, people are vastly underrating how good Shockey has become as a blocker. He's seriously become a very very good blocker over the years. People just ignore that part of his game because he hates doing it, and he's known as a passcatcher.

As far as pass catching goes, Shockey is better. Witten plays the 2 TE offense, its designed around him. In our offense, Shockey is basically a decoy, designed to pull the safety for the WRs. He barely gets any plays called for him. But he still puts up very good numbers.

And you know Im a huge fan of Witten, Ive stated it lots of times, but honestly, if I had to choose who I would rather have, Id take Shockey.

Witten does have better hands though and better concentration. But he doesn't stretch the field as well as Shockey. I just think with a different offensive scheme, Shockey can put up way better numbers than he is right now. But I love Witten too. Right now if I were to rate TEs in the league, I have them like this.

1. Gates
2. Winslow
3. Gonzalez (tenior, although he could slip out of the 3 spot soon)
4. Shockey
5. Witten

Last edited by bigbluedefense : 09-28-2007 at 11:00 AM.
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

On the field performance is all that matters, and Witten is spanking Shockey right now.

And as for physical tools, Shockey is far superior? Keep smoking that pipe buddy. Witten is definetly bigger and stronger, you can't even tell yourself when your drunk that Shockey isn't a bit** about getting hit. Also just look at them on the field, Witten is huge compared to him. Witten also has better hands. Shockey isn't even that much faster either. Witten is definitly the better TE as of right now. Also, Shockey can be a cancer in the locker and a little cry baby, Witten is a class act and a team leader.

Homerism aside, it's a pretty easy decision for me. Witten.
Achilles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 01:12 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles33 View Post
On the field performance is all that matters, and Witten is spanking Shockey right now.

And as for physical tools, Shockey is far superior? Keep smoking that pipe buddy. Witten is definetly bigger and stronger, you can't even tell yourself when your drunk that Shockey isn't a bit** about getting hit. Also just look at them on the field, Witten is huge compared to him. Witten also has better hands. Shockey isn't even that much faster either. Witten is definitly the better TE as of right now. Also, Shockey can be a cancer in the locker and a little cry baby, Witten is a class act and a team leader.

yes, because a biznatch would never run through 4 defenders helmetless to pick up a 1st in a playoff game.

please just stop...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 07:49 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles33 View Post

Did you see Shockey roll over Roy Williams week 1? You can say a million things about Shockey if you want, but being a bit** about getting hit just isn't one of them. Sometimes I almost wish he would stray away from contact because he looks for it too much.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:23 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Did you see Shockey roll over Roy Williams week 1? You can say a million things about Shockey if you want, but being a bit** about getting hit just isn't one of them. Sometimes I almost wish he would stray away from contact because he looks for it too much.
I want Shockey on the Eagles so badly. The guy's is a ******* truck and plays his ass off every game. Shockey may be a lot of things, but a ***** isn't one of them.