Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-18-2007, 11:38 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.
Default Top Underclassmen entering 2008 draft

I was going thru the list of players i think will or have a chance to leave college early for the draft, now i didn't do everyone becuase i havn't seen a lot of them play, so if some of them have been terrible this year and i have them leaving then just let me know. Also, I'd love to know more about all these players so definately feel free to talk about players who people may not get to see as much as you see.

I dont really have any junior QB's leaving, considering there are half a dozen legit senior prospects.
RB's: Darren McFadden, James Davis, Steve Slaton, Ray Rice, Jonathan Stewart
FBs: not 100% sure on this, i didn't really think this was a position that had people leave early.
WRs: DeSean Jackson, Jarrett Dilliard and im thinking Mario Urrutia considering Brohm is leaving. Also i know he is a senior but is Evan Moore a WR or is he just a TE that they happen to run out wide once in a while? Cause at 6' 7" 242 he's a fairly large guy. I'll keep an eye out for him when he plays Cal, Oregon and USC but i would just like to know about his hands and route running.
TE's:Martellus Bennett is a stud and i think possibly Travis Beckum considering the looks he is getting because he is playing at wisconsin.
OT's: 4. Ryan Clady and Michael Oher
OG: Jeremy Perry.. i would love to know more about the OG's for this coming year. I know Jordan Grimes is a senior, but anyone at Purdue that could shed some light id love to hear it.
C: don't really know any.
DE: Calais Campbell, *Derrick Harvey, Tyson Jackson, *Bruce Davis, *Vernon Gholston, *Tommy Blake, *Quentin Groves. THe * is who i think could play OLB in the 3-4, as that is the position that interests me most, considering thats what i want the jets to draft in the first round.
DT: Terrance Taylor???
OLB: Brian Cushing and maybe Willie williams?
MLB: Definately Rey Maualuga and James Laurinaitis
CB: From what i've heard there are a ton of CB's who have the ability to leave early and be solid nfl Cb's but no studs like Revis, Hall, Cromartie.
- Malcom Jenkins, Aqib Talib(who is also apparantly a pretty decent reviever now), Justin King, Brandon Flowers
Safeties: Kenny Phillips, can't wait to see him play.

COnsidering its only goin on week 4 theres bound to be injuries and other players stepping up, also emergence of seniors who will make juniors go back for another year of college. IF you know or definately think any of these players aren't gonna enter the draft thatd be good to know.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 11:40 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

[quote=BroadwayJoe10;623510]
CB: From what i've heard there are a ton of CB's who have the ability to leave early and be solid nfl Cb's but no studs like Revis, Hall, Cromartie.
- Malcom Jenkins, Aqib Talib(who is also apparantly a pretty decent reviever now), Justin King, Brandon Flowers
.[quote]

Was revis really a stud prospect? i thought he was the best ina mediocore CB class... also Cromartie iddint really impress me...

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

EBisGOD for me
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 11:44 PM    (permalink
megansett56BC
Rookie

megansett56BC hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i doubt willie williams comes out because he has major character questions... and he's still probably never played up to his potential (though he hasn't really had the opportunity to yet). judging by his character, it wouldn't shock me if he decided to come out, but of all the people you listed, he'd be the one best served by coming back.

also, i think rice should stay and extra year, especially if the other four come out... and don't rule out felix jones taking off when mcfadden does. it would probably benefit him more to stay, but he could leave based on the fact that he will be shouldering the load and having defenses key on him. it's unlikely but still possible.

Belichick might be an a-hole... but I'd rather have an a-hole that wins than one that doesn't.
megansett56BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 12:34 AM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

Was revis really a stud prospect? i thought he was the best ina mediocore CB class... also Cromartie iddint really impress me...[/quote]

True, the CB class last year wasn't the strongest, but i think Revis and Hall will be quality #1 cbs. Maybe stud was a bit premature, but i think they have the ability. From what i've seen both have the ability to step up in run support and atleast i know revis hasn't been tested very much in the passing game. NOw this could be that barrett is just being picked on. However, I still think level Daymeion Hughes, Eric Wright and chris houston have some promise. We'll see in a few years.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Old 09-19-2007, 02:09 AM    (permalink
NittanyLion2k7
Pro Bowler

NittanyLion2k7 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Leon Hall got burned repeatedly by Braylon Edwards. And Cromartie gave up pass interference penalties vs. Donte Stallworth. Revis I can't comment on, but that class hasn't been special so far.

I believe King will be a special coverage CB, but I have questions about his tackling ability and run stopping ability. He probably won't declare... most PSU guys stay for their 4th year.
NittanyLion2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NittanyLion2k7 View Post
Leon Hall got burned repeatedly by Braylon Edwards. And Cromartie gave up pass interference penalties vs. Donte Stallworth. Revis I can't comment on, but that class hasn't been special so far.
Hall and Revis are rookies...

Anyways, Mario Manningham is probably >50% chance that he leaves early. Don't agree with the decision though.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:39 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
Hall and Revis are rookies...

Anyways, Mario Manningham is probably >50% chance that he leaves early. Don't agree with the decision though.
yea i wouldnt agree with super mario if he came out cuz i jus dont think hes ready for the pros yet and one more year in ann arbor would do wonders for his progression into a more complete wideout. plus if ryan mallet can launch the ball as far as ppl say he can imagine what this tandem could accomplish next season.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NittanyLion2k7 View Post
Dude, they're rookies. Not many rookies come in and are lights out.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 05:04 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Malcolm Jenkins goes for sure, and Gholston probably does too unless he does terrible this year (not likely). I think Laurinaitis will follow AJ Hawk and Mike Doss' footsteps and stick around for 4 years.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Brandon Flowers or Victor Harris will leave early.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 05:17 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
Was revis really a stud prospect? i thought he was the best ina mediocore CB class... also Cromartie iddint really impress me...
he wasn't a stud per se but he was recognized as a solid lockdown corner...
Old 09-19-2007, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangini for pres View Post
he wasn't a stud per se but he was recognized as a solid lockdown corner...
And a good return man. I don't know if he was the best corner available, but his return ability boosted his stock especially after his amazing WVU punt return where Derek Kinder killed two WVU guys on one play. http://youtube.com/watch?v=vV3g2Z-0ExA
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
And a good return man. I don't know if he was the best corner available, but his return ability boosted his stock especially after his amazing WVU punt return where Derek Kinder killed two WVU guys on one play. http://youtube.com/watch?v=vV3g2Z-0ExA
i could watch that for HOURS!
Old 09-19-2007, 06:58 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think, Courtney Greene will enter early. If he doesnt, that will lean Ray more to staying(HS team mates, friends since pre-k).

again, i feel I'm a minority in saying Ray Ray will stay, but hey, we'll see
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 07:22 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Bay Scat View Post
i could watch that for HOURS!
haha i have

Old 09-19-2007, 07:26 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
i think, Courtney Greene will enter early. If he doesnt, that will lean Ray more to staying(HS team mates, friends since pre-k).

again, i feel I'm a minority in saying Ray Ray will stay, but hey, we'll see

courtney greene is a stud. I play both of them in highschool, as they went to the same school. Ray ray was about 20 lbs lighter and he broke my buddies leg, our star tailback. He scored just about every point they had and we ended up losing by a score on the goal line on the last play of the game on a qb keeper. It was basically like watchin friday night lights. It was the Shenendehowa vs New Rochelle game. Not very important i just wanted him to do well so i can tell my buddy hey atleast you got ur leg broken by a heisman winner lol.

Old 09-19-2007, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Hes not an underclassman, but i feel hes gonna be this years Tony Ugoh, yea that is Chris Williams, LT Vandy. Hes a late day one early day 2 right now(I guess by peoples standers) but i think he has a chance with a good senior bowl, combine to be a late first early second possablility, like Ugoh. Hes got size and hes quick, hell be good to whoever gets him, not like Quinten Groves
Old 09-19-2007, 07:33 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For some reason I don't see Terrance Taylor leaving early. Even if he has a spectacular year, I just have a feeling he'll stick around for a 4th year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote