Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 09-20-2007, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.
Default 2008 draft thread

I know it's early, but I thought I'd create a thread where we can all come and talk about potential players for the Titans to draft.

Ill start off with some of the more obvious guys we should be looking at.
First and foremost I still believe we need a go to Wr. Some guys to look at are Earl Bennett, Desean jackson, Adarious bowman, malcolm kelly, limas sweed. we need playmakers desperately.
on the defensive side our D-line could potentially use upgrades, so chris long, lawrence jackson, frank okam and sedrick ellis are all potential players for us to scout.

What do you guys or who do you guys think we should be looking at at this point.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Malcolm Kelly is my favorite player in college football right now.

That is all
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Earl Bennett please

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 01:27 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In my view, our needs so far go WR, FS, DT, MLB and then depth.

Obviously, we need someone at WR. I'm tired of picking up WR's in the 3rd or later, and hoping they'll develop well. We tried it, and its not working. I have no single favorite WR right now, but if we do pick one, I want him to be extremely polished and NFL ready,

We need an actual FS thats of starter quality. I think Calvin Lowry is more of a SS than a FS. Griffin could fill this need, but it seems that he is definitely staying at CB. I'd prefer the safety to excel if coverage, so being a knockout hitter isn't needed. But, in this year's draft, the safety class goes Kenny Phillips and then the rest. We will not be in position to pick Phillips, and I don't see us reaching on Jonathan Hefney. So this likely won't be assessed in the first.

Then we have DT. Albert Haynesworth is in the last year of his contract and is playing like a maniac. Add in that he has a troubled history, I think re-signing him may be problematic. So we could very well lose him, which would leave a big hole in the DLine (Both metaphorically and literally). The priority of the DT position will depend on Big Al's contract situation and if Corey Simon amounts to anything. If Albert leaves and Simon blows, I think DT is the 1st round pick and that we pray that Dorsey falls to us or even Okam. But even if Albert stays, I think the addition of another impact DT, ala the Jacksonville approach, would help our defense immensely. Imagine a DLine of Vanden Bosch, Haynesworth, Dorsey, and Odom/Fisher.

Finally, MLB. Its definitely not a 1st round need due to the limited amount of playing time the MLB sees in our defense, but it is a need. I'm not confident in Tulloch or Fowler, and I think that we can upgrade that position. A solid MLB can be found in the 3rd round due to how deep the LB pool is this year.

The only other positions that come to mind are CB and DE. I'm not worried about CB since we may get PacMan back next year, we just drafted Michael Griffin to play CB, Finnegan looks like he can be a solid #2 CB/Nickelback, and Harper can play for another year. Then at DE, we have Vanden Bosch who is a Pro Bowler and will have another good season now that he's back at RE, Antwon Odom who looks like he's on his way to a breakout year, and Bryce Fisher who was a starter on a defense that went to the Super Bowl and multiple playoff appearances with the Seahawks. Not to mention, we still have LaBoy, Connover, Ford, and Tony Brown can play both DE and DT. If anything, I'd like us to get our hands on a great pass rusher somehow. I don't like LaBoy. He's a one trick pony that doesn't even gallop well.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 09-21-2007 at 01:32 AM.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 01:33 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

im gonna go ahead and guess that we pick between 15-20. at that point i think we could realistically take Earl Bennett if he comes out. if we wait till the second round on WR I think we would pick sedrick ellis or frank okam in the 1st. If we took okam that'd be the third longhorn for us in the first round the past 3 years.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:10 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol, if we pick Okam or Sweed in the first, we all need to put "Tennessee Longhorns" in our sigs, and have the Texas Longhorn steer head with a circle around it with the Titan fire around it. :) Either way, it just means more Texans fans will convert to Titans fans.

I don't think we'll pick Ellis. He's a great DT, but more so in the mold of a pass-rusher. We have pass-rushing DT's in Tony Brown and Randy Starks, and Tony Brown is playing well so far. What we need is a run-stuffer, like Okam or Dorsey. Actually, Dorsey can play both roles and play them extremely well; Thats how good he is. And like I said, if Haynesworth leaves via FA, we'll have no one to plug the middle and stop the run. Ellis and Brown in the middle would be two DT's bordering 300 pounds a piece, and I don't think they'd stop the run well. Opposing QB's would hate it, but opposing RB's would love it, and offensive lines would not be intimidated.

Earl Bennett intrigues me. I haven't seen him play much unless its a UT vs Vandy game, but I hear nothing but good things about him.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:29 AM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Lol, if we pick Okam or Sweed in the first, we all need to put "Tennessee Longhorns" in our sigs, and have the Texas Longhorn steer head with a circle around it with the Titan fire around it. :) Either way, it just means more Texans fans will convert to Titans fans.

I don't think we'll pick Ellis. He's a great DT, but more so in the mold of a pass-rusher. We have pass-rushing DT's in Tony Brown and Randy Starks, and Tony Brown is playing well so far. What we need is a run-stuffer, like Okam or Dorsey. Actually, Dorsey can play both roles and play them extremely well; Thats how good he is. And like I said, if Haynesworth leaves via FA, we'll have no one to plug the middle and stop the run. Ellis and Brown in the middle would be two DT's bordering 300 pounds a piece, and I don't think they'd stop the run well. Opposing QB's would hate it, but opposing RB's would love it, and offensive lines would not be intimidated.

Earl Bennett intrigues me. I haven't seen him play much unless its a UT vs Vandy game, but I hear nothing but good things about him.
He lives up to the hype man, i watch him every week.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 09:55 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't rule out taking a guy like Ellis if he were available. Starks is terrible, and Tony Brown has played well, but we'll see how he can hold up as a full time starter for 16 games. I think we'll franchise Albert this year.

Not sold that we'll go FS in the 1st at all. Lowry wasn't good in preseason, but he's played well so far in the regular season, plus I just don't see us using another high pick on a DB right away.

I like Bennett a lot, but the WR I like the most is Kelly. He's turning into a touchdown machine, he's tall, and he has great hands. Plus he has a little bit of a swagger that I like.

Also wouldn't mind if we nabbed a stud versatile LB, but not sure if that'll happen.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

scott has eric young of tennesse the #1 rated guard right now. doubt the titans are looking at guard but i thought it was interesting since im a UT fan and they really havent been run blocking that well this year.
Old 09-22-2007, 10:15 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Eric Young being #1 is odd to me too, but I'm a Vols fan so its all good to me!

And I think the best thing about this upcoming draft is that the Titans have no glaring need, besides possibly at WR. So its ok for us fans to say, "I want an upgrade at such-and-such position," and not be wrong. Therefore, we can all have different opinions and be able to discuss more and know more about the players in the draft.

And speaking of WR, depending on how many juniors declare(Jackson, Bennett, Hardy, Kelly), this could be a very deep draft class. Last year's was good, but it was very top heavy. This year's looks to be better overall.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:54 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Frank Okam, a combination of him and Albert Haynesworth is just what our defense needs.
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

scott has us picking derrrick harvey in his latest mock. but if our d-line keeps up this pace and we resign haynesworth im pretty sure we'll go in a different direction.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
scott has us picking derrrick harvey in his latest mock. but if our d-line keeps up this pace and we resign haynesworth im pretty sure we'll go in a different direction.
we need a stud pass rushing end in the mould of someone like kearse
Old 09-28-2007, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

A stud DE could help, but so far this year, it doesn't look like we need one. Pass rush has been good. Harvey is a beast though.

Someone mentioned it earlier, it doesn't look like we have a ton of "holes" to fill - as in terrible starters to replace - except maybe WR. It looks like we can just focus on upgrading certain positions, which means our 1st round pick can go anywhere.

I honestly wouldn't be mad at all if we took a RB, WR, DE, DT, or MLB. Hell, we could even take a FS, but I think Lowry looks solid and I think Griffin is gonna stay at corner. This could all change if Pac comes back.

Also gotta remember that Haynesworth, Simon, Starks, Odom and LaBoy are all FAs this year. Not sure about RFA or UFA, I still can't keep straight on when each one occurs.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:43 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
A stud DE could help, but so far this year, it doesn't look like we need one. Pass rush has been good. Harvey is a beast though.

Someone mentioned it earlier, it doesn't look like we have a ton of "holes" to fill - as in terrible starters to replace - except maybe WR. It looks like we can just focus on upgrading certain positions, which means our 1st round pick can go anywhere.

I honestly wouldn't be mad at all if we took a RB, WR, DE, DT, or MLB. Hell, we could even take a FS, but I think Lowry looks solid and I think Griffin is gonna stay at corner. This could all change if Pac comes back.

Also gotta remember that Haynesworth, Simon, Starks, Odom and LaBoy are all FAs this year. Not sure about RFA or UFA, I still can't keep straight on when each one occurs.
I think DE makes a lot of sense in round 1, especially if Odom & LaBoy are both FAs. Also, a lot will depend on whether we re-sign Haynesworth (and as good as he's been playing, that could be difficult).

As far as WR goes, Roydell looks like the real deal, IMO and could be a great #2 WR. But it seems like the Titans' front-office isn't too keen on taking a WR in the 1st round. I'd say that WR is more of a mid-round pick next season or maybe even a FA acquisition.

I think we're OK at RB. Lendale's looked fine; and Chris Henry will hopefully be able to take-on Chris Brown's role next year (if Brown leaves).

Right now, I'd rank our likely 1st round pick as being:
1. DE
2. DT
3. FS
4. MLB
5. WR
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 01:49 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I've never been a LaBoy fan. Odom has played OK, but was great during pre-season. KVB can do no wrong in my book. I want to see what Bryce Fisher can do. But if we can get our hands on a premiere DE, I say we jump on it.

You know, the more I see of Johnathan Stewart, the more I like... And he would be available and of value in our spot in the 1st, and would fit in our offense perfectly.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-29-2007, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

im not down for a HB in the first day at all unless we somehow get mcfadden. if we drafted an HB in the 1st round next year we might as well throw chris henry and lendale to the curb.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:21 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

LenDale has never, ever carried the full load of a running game. At USC he had Reggie Bush who had more playing time than him, and with the Titans he's never carried half of the load. LenDale hasn't proven that he's a franchise back, though he has the talent to do so.

Chris Brown had one monster game. In all the other games, LenDale was the man. Unless he steps it up, or Chris Henry handily out performs him, he's likely gone.

Chris Henry... Ugh... RB is arguably the easiest position to transition into the NFL in. Chris Henry hasn't played a down to my knowledge. No special teams and no carries. And I don't think he's going to miraculously 'get it.' I think the FO took a gamble at a potential boom or bust player...and I'm fairly sure they busted. And you can ask anyone, Henry shouldn't have been picked that high...heh, there were even talks about selecting him in the first over Griffin..If thats true, then I'm truly worried about our drafting FO.

We've been looking for a great tailback for this offense for a few years. If they think Stewart is the guy, and LenDale isn't what they want, they'll take him. You can't just wait on a guy and hope he'll develop when you have a better option you can choose. Its unfortunate for the other guy, but its best for the team.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:41 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So far after 3 games this season, I really don't see many needs on either side of the ball. I don't believe we need to draft any more RB's this season. I think Chris Brown is a lame duck back, and probably won't be resigned unless he has a Pro Bowl caliber year. Chris Henry is bound to get a few touches, and probably will be the lightning to LenDale Brown's thunder. WR has been a need for the past few years, but I think we might not need to use a high draft pick on a WR. Limas Sweed, Early Doucet, Malcolm Kelly and Mario Manningham would all be intriguing picks, but I am happy with the solid group of WR's we have right now, and David Givens will be back next season. Our O-Line is fine and should be until we have to replace Mawae. My first glaring weakness shows up at TE. We don't have a TE that can open up the running game by demanding a man on him. Ben Troupe has become a shell of his former self. Hartstock is a blocking TE, and I believe Scaife is nothing special.

On the defensive side of the ball, I don't see anything glaring at all. DE has been a pleasent surprise so far. KVB has been exactly what we wanted. Laboy, Fisher and Odom can produce in a rotation. Conover can be an impact once he begins to get some snaps. I could see an upgrade in the draft. DT is another position that worries me. Haynesworth is playing his heart out for an extension and I think we should give it to him. Starks and Brown are alright, but we could definately use someone better. LB is great on the outsides with Thornton and Bulluck but we don't have much of a player in the middle. Tulloch and Fowler are probably better suited in a backup role, which is probably why we run a Cover 2 scheme. I believe the secondary is solid right now, and will be an above average squad when Pac-Man comes back. I haven't seen much of Griffin so far, and I think he would be happy to go back to SS.

Alright so far I have narrowed down needs to TE, DE, DT and MLB. I don't think there really is a big playmaking TE in the first, so thats out. There are plenty of DE that could make an impact, but I think we might be a bit too high for either Harvey or Long. DT is where it gets interesting. Sedrick Ellis might be for the taking, but I think he just gets taken before us. DeMario Pressley might be the pick based on how N.C. State has begun producing NFL D-lineman. However, I think we take a darkhorse in Ray Maualuga. Though we don't use MLB much, I think he steps right into a rotation system in our defense. I think by drafting him, we might be able to prolong the career of Bulluck, who is our defensive general. Also, when we do put out our 3 linebackers, we might have the best linebacking core in the NFL. Personally, I think Maualuga will be the next big MIKE linebacker in the NFL based on his ability and his charisma. So based on everything that I have said, I think Ray Maualuga from USC should be the pick since he would be a mid to late first rounder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 01:01 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Great input NYtitan. The only problem I see with taking a MLB in the first is that the MLB on our defense doesn't play that much due to us playing a lot of Nickel packages.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-30-2007, 11:32 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Great input NYtitan. The only problem I see with taking a MLB in the first is that the MLB on our defense doesn't play that much due to us playing a lot of Nickel packages.
I know that, which is why I believe you put him into a rotation system, the same system we use with our DE, except this time with Thornton and Bulluck. I think by doing so, we would be able to have Bulluck around an extra year or 2. A lot of people last year were hoping that Patrick Willis would fall to us last year, and they believed he would have been able to fit right into our defensive scheme.

Quote:
Old 09-30-2007, 11:59 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Ah, I get. Sort of like the "versatile LB" that Pit Bull mentioned earlier.

What LB do you like that would fit that role for us?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:16 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

Quote:
Ah, I get. Sort of like the "versatile LB" that Pit Bull mentioned earlier.

What LB do you like that would fit that role for us?
Well, if you look at the draft this season, it is possible to have 5 first round linebackers. They are Dan Connor, James Laurinatis, Keith Rivers, Brian Cushing and Ray Maualuga. Personally, I would draft Maualuga based on where I perceive the Titans will be drafting (18-24, wild card team). I love his ability, his intensity and his intangibles. I was also believing that we could pull off a Saints draft day shocker(trade multiple draft day picks to go up into a prime position) for Glenn Dorsey. Dorsey and Haynesworth would be an unstoppable run combo for several years to come.

Quote:
Old 09-30-2007, 12:52 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I'm loving me some Dorsey and Haynesworth. Maualuga is great too.

Another guy who would be a good choice if we decide to go LB would be Phillip Wheeler, LB from Georgia Tech. He's 6-2, 230 and is one of the fastest LB's with a 4.50 40 (10 pounds bigger than Rivers, but runs .10 seconds faster). Scott has him listed as an OLB, but he's also being projected as an ILB in a 3-4. So he has the versatility needed. Not to mention, we could trade down in the 1st and select him, while also gathering draft picks. Or he could possibly fall to us in the second, but thats not likely.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:18 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

My Draft Dreams: These are in order of how I want them too happen.

1. Frank Okam - The battle is won in the trenches. Now for some simple maths. Five offensive linemen, 4 defensive linemen...ok, KVB takes 1 man to block him, Our other end takes one man to block him, Big A takes 2 men to block him and our other DT takes 1 man to block him. So if we bring in another guy who is pretty much the same as Big A then they are going to need 6 men on the line to help block all of our defensive linemen. If this happens then we win the battle in the trenches and we win more ball games.

2. Lawrence Jackson - I have seen not loads because I live in england but enough to think that he would be a fantastic pick. He has a fantastic motor, he is a good size and he has good quickness even if he does not have elite top end speed. We need an every down DE to complement KVB and i personally believe that Jackson is the man. Odom and LaBoy I believe are only backups and i dont think either will ever be the answer at RE for the Titans.

3. Jonathan Stewart - I have seen LenDale play, I have seen Chris Brown play and have heard nothing but poor reviews of Chris Henry. Stewart plays behind an OK but not fantastic OL and yet he is a fantastic performer who fights for every yard. He is a big guy but he has a quickness about him, which the Titans need in the backfield. LenDale is nothing quick and Chris Brown I think is a game to game player who will never perform consistently well. Stewart would fit in perfectly behind and offensive line like the Titans and would greatly upgrade the running game.

My Draft Nightmares: Again in order.

1. Any DE named Groves, Blaker or Harvey. IMO they are all too small with not enough quickness to be great pass rushers. If we take them then premier LT are going to have fun pushing such a small and helpless piece of meat around the pocket. Please Mike, do the right thing.

2. Limas Sweed - I know the temptation to get a WR is going to be very high but this guy just isnt the answer. I know he is coming from Texas where he played with VY. But at the end of the day he is not a top tier WR and will not be an upgrade over what we have right now.

3. ANY CB - We do not need a CB and there is no doubt in my mind that the Titans will think about it.