Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Arizona Cardinals Team Forum

Arizona Cardinals Team Forum Discuss the Cardinals

Old 09-20-2007, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Fitzgerald looking to fly out of Arizona?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors;_...fBXo2nvY0dsLYF

Only two regular-season games into the Ken Whisenhunt era, rumors already are flying receiver Larry Fitzgerald is looking to leave the Arizona Cardinals when his rookie contract ends.

Fitzgerald, as the rumor goes, is not a big fan of Whisenhunt's run-based offense, and for good reason. Fitzgerald currently is averaging only five catches and 53.5 yards per game, which puts him on pace for 80 receptions and 856 receiving yards for the season. He currently has no receiving touchdowns in 2007.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Thats pure speculation though.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When does his rookie contract expire?

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
When does his rookie contract expire?
This year I think.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:49 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

they have been saying this every year and nothing happens, and he signed a 6 year deal in 2004 so he is a FA in 2010
Old 09-20-2007, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
they have been saying this every year and nothing happens, and he signed a 6 year deal in 2004 so he is a FA in 2010
Are you sure? I really thought it was a 4 year contract that expired this year.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Code:
 Based on the escalators in his rookie contract, there was speculation when it was signed that the Cardinals would likely have to extend the deal after four seasons.
From profootballtalk.com

Doesn't help but thats what they had.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 06:56 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nope its a 6 year deal

8/2/2004: Signed a six-year, $60 million contract.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...1661&sport=NFL

and those receiving numbers are very misleading because of the Monday night game, he and Boldin with both get 100 catches if health and near 1200 yards

Last edited by fenikz : 09-20-2007 at 06:59 PM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 02:04 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

haha i think i shut this discussion down
Old 09-21-2007, 02:12 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i agree with fitzgerald here..im surprised boldin isnt lookin to get out as well. a superstar receiver of his calibur should be given the opportunity to succeed. if not he should look to a team that will actually use his talents.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 03:41 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Boldin is the leader of this team i doubt he will ever leave Arizona, I'm surprised LT doesn't want out of SD with the stats he has put up this year :p
Old 09-22-2007, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Prime Time
Rookie

Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.

hes out after this year bud.

Prime Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

he is under contract til 2010 unless we trade him for 2 1st rounders he is staying, wow people are stupid
Old 09-23-2007, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know that there's no way we could get him, but I'd love to have him in Buffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

gg Cardinals fans I didnt know were else to put it. But I am surprised Ken wont use more pass offense because you have a young trio of good WR and a young talented QB.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:35 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

ya it was a gg, that was a bs call against Wilson late in the game but who says that you wouldn't of won it in over time anyways
Old 09-23-2007, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought that was helmet to helmet isnt that illegal. I know the ref called unsportsman like.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:57 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

he called forearm to helmet, but it was to the chest
Old 09-23-2007, 07:59 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Deffintley a clean hit in my opinion, but as vicious as it gets.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

o from my angle I thought it was a helmet 2 helmet. That hit was nice.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:05 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fitz is one of my favorite players I hope a team I like gets him

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I tried to tell everyone that Whis wasn't this creative offensive genious that would take advantage of Arizona's weapons like everyone said. Whis loves to run the ball and is very conservative in his play call. The one time in his tenure he really opened up the playbook was in the playoffs in '05 where that led us to the superbowl.

Other than that he loves to run on first and second down and pass on 3rd and long.

I hope he knows he is always welcome back to his roots at Heinz Field.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 05:27 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

did anyone notice that he got 6 catches yesterday and Boldin had 18, maybe if he had the dedication of Q he would get the ball more
Old 09-24-2007, 05:40 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Or maybe if the Cardinals just played their QB that can actually throw it more than 5 yards he would have more catches.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:35 AM    (permalink
jared
Veteran

jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.

You guys are missing an important point: When Boldin and Fitzgerald have been putting up their gaudy stats over the last 3 years, the Cards have SUCKED. We actually have a balanced attack this year, a run game (who would have thought???), a fairly competent O-line, etc. It's a breath of fresh air. We've been very competitive in every game we've played and the schedule has been tough thus far. This is a good AZ Cards team, if he wants to leave, it's his loss. I'd miss Fitz's leaps for jump balls but I'll get over it. His hands are not as good as he gets credit for. I think Boldin, Johnson, and Urban could carry the receiving game.
jared is offline   Reply With Quote