Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-21-2007, 08:10 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Newman to play

Per.........Espn

I'll see if I can find a link........
Old 09-21-2007, 08:11 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It says game-time decision...

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cf...DD549DD8A1689B
Old 09-21-2007, 09:27 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clayton said he was playing on NFL live earlier or SC one of the two. He'll play nickel. Reeves is awful out there...hopefully, Newman can come back and play at a high level.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 10:14 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't get why you would say someone would play this early....why tell the Bears what to expect....I'm calling BS as far as our organization saying anything.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 04:08 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
I don't get why you would say someone would play this early....why tell the Bears what to expect....I'm calling BS as far as our organization saying anything.
Interesting take thule. Although I think there is a sort of cat and mouse game between coaches and what they do with their game day roster and injured list releases, I think this one is legit. I expect Newman to play this game. It's against a big domino.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 04:14 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No I agree....Newman more than likely will be on the field. I first got this thought in my mind when Jones was moved for the day. No way we would have cut him had Newman not had a chance to get on the field.

I'm just saying, I don't buy for one min...anyone from the cowboys organization told John Clayton or his contacts that Newman would play.

Furthermore Wade also went on to say in his latest pressconference that he would just like to see newman on the field in the nickel before trying to return punts. Now this is a pretty good idea that Newman is close to playing but still clearly doesn't state that he is going to be playing.

It's also pretty funny that newman was nowhere to be found yesterday when it was his day to talk to the media. Sound like ESPN guessed imo.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 09-24-2007, 01:59 AM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn it was nice seeing #41 out on that field tonight. He looked pretty solid, too. Mixed it up a bit, got in on some tackles, and stopped a couple of would-be completions in the nickel.

We need him at 100% in time for the New England game.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 02:03 AM    (permalink
dc4life
Rookie

dc4life needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
Damn it was nice seeing #41 out on that field tonight. He looked pretty solid, too. Mixed it up a bit, got in on some tackles, and stopped a couple of would-be completions in the nickel.

We need him at 100% in time for the New England game.
He blocked the hell out of Kreutz? on Henry's INT too. :)
dc4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 11:47 AM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

With Henry's improved play, and with Newman back at 100%.. wow, difficult to imagine.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:00 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

From Wade's Presser

Newman?
Did well in man-to-man but his zone was rusty. He wanted to return a punt when we were up by 17, I said not now. I think he will be the punt returner here in the future. I want him to feel good about being in the game, said it hurt a little but he got through it. It was an important step. It’s pain, not an injury.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 09-25-2007, 12:24 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the idea of him returning punts if he doesnt hurt himself, but I agree we need to take it slow until NE, otherwise it will be a long long day for us...he at least has the speed to keep up with Randy, and they will be going deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:30 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Other injury news regarding NE: Terry Glenn is in week 3 of his rehab, meaning that he will be in week 5 the week we play New England (his rehab is scheduled for 4-6 weeks). It would be huge if we could have him back to play against that secondary.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:49 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea although im not pressing Glenn this yr, it goes without being said that he would be a huge help if he could come back and play fully healthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:59 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I writing Glenn off for the season. That way, if he does come back and contribute then it will just be a bonus. Crayton is a solid #2, and Hurd is going to be a player. He reminds me just a tad of a young Rod Smith. Kinda big and rangy, loves to mix it up. Willing blocker with a great attitude and an insatiable appetite to learn and get better. Not particularly fast or quick, but crafty as hell and just finds a way to get the job done. I'm beginning to think that he might have a very bright future in this league.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 01:02 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
Yeah, I writing Glenn off for the season. That way, if he does come back and contribute then it will just be a bonus. Crayton is a solid #2, and Hurd is going to be a player. He reminds me just a tad of a young Rod Smith. Kinda big and rangy, loves to mix it up. Willing blocker with a great attitude and an insatiable appetite to learn and get better. Not particularly fast or quick, but crafty as hell and just finds a way to get the job done. I'm beginning to think that he might have a very bright future in this league.
I love that comparison....he just has that it....something that Crayton doesn't have.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 09-25-2007, 01:11 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm expecting a break out game for Sammy this week. Should see more balls thrown his way due to Crayton's injury.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-25-2007, 03:09 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I'm expecting a break out game for Sammy this week. Should see more balls thrown his way due to Crayton's injury.
Pesonally, I thought having Crayton in was nuts.

He is such a hands guy that having broken fingers probably affects him more than let us say a TO -- who is more a guy who catches with his body.

We need him but not if he is going to drop TDs. (** Madden mentioned that Crayton had dropsies in warmups so not just me saying it ......*))
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 12:50 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I dont know if anyone has posted this yet but, T-New has still been playing nickel in practice. Wade said, as of yesterday, Newman wasnt ready to start. He did say however, that this could change by Sunday.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-27-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

According to DC.com, Newman now has knee tendinitis to worry about.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:40 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BX View Post
According to DC.com, Newman now has knee tendinitis to worry about.
Dallascowboys.com also reports that Carpenter has a slight tear in his right quadriceps tendon, that he's been playing with so far this season (might be a reason why he hasn't seen as much time) and will continue to play with.