Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 09-22-2007, 03:11 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Vikings at Chiefs Week 3 Discussion

Inuries: Tarvaris Jackson, and Tony Richardson are listed as Doubtful. Darren Sharper, Dwight Smith, and Chester Taylor(said he should be able to play) are listed as Questionable

I hate to say it already but this is a pretty important game we need to win this before we get to the meat of our schedule in a couple of weeks. The Chiefs haven't been good but this shouldn't be considered a cup cake game they have a good defense and they are at home for their home opener(2-5 in last seven home openers). I feel the Vikings should be able to sneak by this one in a low scoring game Vikings 14 Chiefs 10
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 07:07 AM    (permalink
dRaFtDoRk
Veteran

dRaFtDoRk hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

We should really be able to win this game. The Chiefs are a one-dimensional team at this point, and the run game is really declining early this season. So if they just keep attacking on the ground, our defense should be able to handle them. Not with ease, but with a steady stand. We need to attack that Cheif front 7, and if we do that consistently we should be able to win this game.
dRaFtDoRk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 08:21 AM    (permalink
Wyndham
Rookie

Wyndham hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
Inuries: Tarvaris Jackson, and Tony Richardson are listed as Doubtful. Darren Sharper, Dwight Smith, and Chester Taylor(said he should be able to play) are listed as Questionable

I hate to say it already but this is a pretty important game we need to win this before we get to the meat of our schedule in a couple of weeks. The Chiefs haven't been good but this shouldn't be considered a cup cake game they have a good defense and they are at home for their home opener(2-5 in last seven home openers). I feel the Vikings should be able to sneak by this one in a low scoring game Vikings 14 Chiefs 10
KC is 2-5 in its last 7 home openers?

Outside of your arbitrary time frame, where did you get this from?
Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 09:04 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I read it in the Game Prievew on MSN Fox Sports...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk
We should really be able to win this game. The Chiefs are a one-dimensional team at this point, and the run game is really declining early this season. So if they just keep attacking on the ground, our defense should be able to handle them. Not with ease, but with a steady stand. We need to attack that Cheif front 7, and if we do that consistently we should be able to win this game.
They were talking yesterday on the ESPN show PTI that Larry Johnson Told herm he wants to carry the ball 40+ times this weekend.

Last edited by Crazy_Chris : 09-22-2007 at 09:07 AM.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:45 AM    (permalink
dRaFtDoRk
Veteran

dRaFtDoRk hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
I read it in the Game Prievew on MSN Fox Sports...

They were talking yesterday on the ESPN show PTI that Larry Johnson Told herm he wants to carry the ball 40+ times this weekend.
If they do carry out with this plan then the Chiefs will have a good running game, you can't run the ball 40 times in one game and not get a good game, and if they don't then the Chiefs have some serious thoughts to reflect on about signing Larry Johnson to an extension.
dRaFtDoRk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 11:30 PM    (permalink
crazyisme
Rookie

crazyisme hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think a lot of this game depends on if our offensive line wakes up. They were caught napping last week against a decent dline, if they get caught with their pants down, it wont matter who we have a QB, we are going to have troubles.

I wonder who is officially going to start Bollinger or Holcomb? Im not a big fan of either but i think Holcomb is the better option over Bollinger.

on the notion of LJ getting 40 carries, id say id be completely fine with that, i know LJ is a great RB, but we have a great run defense and if they run the ball 40 times they are only passing it 20, if we stop LJ to 3 or less yards per carry, thats only about 120 yards, and if you consider huard going 10/20 and possibly 100 yards, thats only 220 yards of offense, i think we win this game if thats all we let up...
crazyisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 12:18 PM    (permalink
jerthemessiah
Rookie

jerthemessiah hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

TD Peterson! I love this kid. Only bright spot on the offense. Where's that Severe Punishment guy? I wanna hear more about Adrain Peterson the "backup" runningback.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:27 PM    (permalink
amesbear
Rookie

amesbear hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yeah, severe likes to think highly of himself. As far as the game, I am getting sick of our pathetic receivers. If we had a passing game I bet AD could be even better. I don't think Quinn would be our savior either. Now do we hope for Brohm or Brennan? Or possibly another WR? At this rate we will have a top ten pick again.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:46 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im not sure so much our WRs, Holcomb(and Moore) over threw several open WRs, twice in the end zone.

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 02:32 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Ya holcomb was the problem today not the WR's.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:46 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It wasnt Holcomb's fault or our WR's fault, it was our atrocious pass blocking, particularly McKinnie just getting absolutely owned by Jared Allen.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our D with Jared Allen and with out Jared Allen is like night and day he just makes plays we would have for sure lost with out him.

FYI he will be a FA after this year.