Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 09-23-2007, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default week 3 thoughts

McGahee is a beast he gives us a explosive RB and a good person out of the backfield.

I think Boller may be the future but McNair is the QB for this season.

We need to get better at getting TD inside the red-zone.

We also need to get better at keeping a lead.

Derrick Mason is really good, we have a beastly WR trio.

What did everybody think about the game?
Old 09-23-2007, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yamon Figurs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

also we should retire Stovers number.
Old 09-23-2007, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
also we should retire Stovers number.
We better do that, as soon as he retires. He's saved tons of games for us.

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yes he is a beast along w/ Yamon.

I noticed Barnes got some nice pressure today.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:07 PM    (permalink
bmoreravens5289
Rookie

bmoreravens5289 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'll start off with this- Yamon Figurs is the real deal. Also, every facet of our game improved save 4th quarter defense and red-zone offense. However, we need to play to win the game instead of playing to not lose the game. Our offense became too conservative in the second half. One more thing... the game is 4 quarters long dammit!!! Our D needs to stop letting up at the end of the game. Other than those two things we did well....McGahee played well, McNair and Boller played well, O-line was good, Stover is godly, etc. etc.

Sig by BuckNaked
Ravens
Baltimore Orioles
Maryland Terrapins
bmoreravens5289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
McGahee is a beast he gives us a explosive RB and a good person out of the backfield.

I think Boller may be the future but McNair is the QB for this season.

We need to get better at getting TD inside the red-zone.

We also need to get better at keeping a lead.

Derrick Mason is really good, we have a beastly WR trio.

What did everybody think about the game?
I think you're sig is way over Regulation size and you should receive a 2 point infraction!

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I didnt get notified but if a mod tells me I will fix it.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Did anybody notice that horrible delay of game call against Demetrius. That was dumb and Ari did it after and didnt get called except for that TD.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:35 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My observations are.....

McGahee played the best Ive seen him play since he left the U.

Kyle Boller is the present and future of the OB position! SCREW STEVE MCNAIR! How come no one is complaining about his fumble or his stumble, but had Kyle come in and done that then he is the worst QB ever.

We can't touch a QB in the 4th quarter.

Ben Grubbs has played every 3 series the last 2 weeks and has been BETTER than Chris Chester who needs to move inside to C and then we need to boot Mike Flynn!

Ran to BigDawg down at the stadium, whats up dude!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 02:39 AM    (permalink
Troj2man
Rookie

Troj2man hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
My observations are.....

Kyle Boller is the present and future of the OB position! SCREW STEVE MCNAIR! How come no one is complaining about his fumble or his stumble, but had Kyle come in and done that then he is the worst QB ever.

Ben Grubbs has played every 3 series the last 2 weeks and has been BETTER than Chris Chester who needs to move inside to C and then we need to boot Mike Flynn!

I agree with what you said about what the reaction would have been if it were Boller who fumbled the ball. It's a double standard that probably happens in every NFL city. I'm sure we all as fans have used this double standard at one time.

I also agree that Ben Grubbs is better than Chester. Chris Chester just seems to lack ideal size for a guard. You can see a difference in the run game when Grubbs is in there. I think Chester will move over to C within the next 2 years. Right now it looks like Flynn is holding his own there though. One thing that I've been really impressed by is the play of Yanda on the O-line. He looks like the real deal on the right side. Much better than Terry at RT IMO.

Finally, I agree with you about McGahee. He easily could have had his 1st 100 yard game had Billick stuck with running the football in the 2nd half. McGahee has that explosion through the hole to get to the 2nd level. Also lets not forget Musa Smith. He's done a good job on 3rd downs, and shows the burst that we saw last season. Where is Mike Anderson though? I know he's had some family problems. Hopefully he'll get them all worked out. We're going to need him this season.

Overall we can complain and worry about the problems with this team right now, but in the end we're 2-1 and have a great shot at starting out 3-1.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:37 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My observations are.....

Its kind of like how when Boller came in and threw nothing but checkdowns and 5-7 yard passes none of the KBC bashed him for not going downfield the same way they would if McNair didnt. Did you watch the same game as me? McNair clearly outplayed Boller. Boller came in and couldnt put a drive together which might have a lot to do with our lack of pass rush by the Defense. Perhaps they were tired from being on the field so long. You are clearly just a hater and no matter how either of the 2 play you will be putting down McNair and making Boller out to be a god. It seriously baffles me. You all say I am biased towards McNair but when Boller had a decent game against the Jets I was atleast able to give him props. McNair starts and clearly out performs Boller (in my eyes atleast) and you still find a way to promote Boller over him. This leads me to seriously question the validity of any point you guys bring up, no matter what happens you wont give McNair any credit. Also benching Flynn would be stupid, he makes all the line calls and is the QB of the O-Line.

Last edited by ccB : 09-24-2007 at 08:42 AM.
ccB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 01:52 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

man the entire 2nd half I was thinking about the Maryland Wake game. My thoughts on the game are that Billick is a fool for taking out McNair for a fake injury that he could have easily played through, Yamon Figurs is the man, Corey Ivey was excellent for 2 1/2 quarters, and Kurt Warner looked like the greatest QB to ever play in the NFL against our D. He looked like a Probowler playing a JV football team.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP : 09-24-2007 at 01:56 PM.
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 02:01 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked the decision to take McNair out initially. We were up by a couple scores, and Kyle Boller is a highly capable back up so why risk McNairs health for the 3rd game of the season. Though I thought we would have held on to the lead longer than what we did. I think a lot of the problems came from our lack of depth at DB. Ivy is solid replacing Rolle but its the Nickel and Dime DB's that worry me. Boldin was abusing our secondary.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:03 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Its kind of like how when Boller came in and threw nothing but checkdowns and 5-7 yard passes none of the KBC bashed him for not going downfield the same way they would if McNair didnt. Did you watch the same game as me? McNair clearly outplayed Boller. Boller came in and couldnt put a drive together which might have a lot to do with our lack of pass rush by the Defense. Perhaps they were tired from being on the field so long. You are clearly just a hater and no matter how either of the 2 play you will be putting down McNair and making Boller out to be a god. It seriously baffles me. You all say I am biased towards McNair but when Boller had a decent game against the Jets I was atleast able to give him props. McNair starts and clearly out performs Boller (in my eyes atleast) and you still find a way to promote Boller over him. This leads me to seriously question the validity of any point you guys bring up, no matter what happens you wont give McNair any credit. Also benching Flynn would be stupid, he makes all the line calls and is the QB of the O-Line.
I seem to remember 2 or 3 passes downfield by Kyle in the Jets game, they just didnt connect, however McNair does not even try to go downfield because he cant.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 09-24-2007, 02:05 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
I liked the decision to take McNair out initially. We were up by a couple scores, and Kyle Boller is a highly capable back up so why risk McNairs health for the 3rd game of the season. Though I thought we would have held on to the lead longer than what we did. I think a lot of the problems came from our lack of depth at DB. Ivy is solid replacing Rolle but its the Nickel and Dime DB's that worry me. Boldin was abusing our secondary.
Im not overly concerned about Boldin abusing our secondary because Boldin will abuse every secondary the guy is just that good and Rolle wasn't out there, I know everyonbe hates him but he is head and shoulders above every CB on the team not named C Mac. Not to mention our D had to be worn out since they were on the field for basically the entire 3rd quarter.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 09-24-2007, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
I seem to remember 2 or 3 passes downfield by Kyle in the Jets game, they just didnt connect, however McNair does not even try to go downfield because he cant.
he didnt connect so it doesnt matter, sometimes you make it like we sat Tom Brady for Kordell Stewart. Boller basically threw the same style of passes as McNair did and you act like he is a pro bowler who took the spot of a 3rd string JV player.

Boller did have a good game I will admit but I still think McNair should be the QB this season because he is offensive leader.

Last edited by Ravens1991 : 09-24-2007 at 02:28 PM.
Ravens1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 03:10 PM    (permalink
bmoreravens5289
Rookie

bmoreravens5289 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

At the stadium, on that one play where McNair stumbled behind center, the people around me were like "What!? Is Kyle in?" idk i just though that was funny....but yea McNair is still better than Boller

Sig by BuckNaked
Ravens
Baltimore Orioles
Maryland Terrapins
bmoreravens5289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yea I heard that also.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:31 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this is what cost the cardinals the game

and it was as clean as can be, but oh so nasty

is he going to be able to play next week, just wondering because he is on my fantasy team

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 05:46 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How is it clean to give a forearm to the head??? That's how you seriously hurt somone. Every DB knows it's against the rules to do that, that was an idiotic play on his part, but I'm pretty sure Heap is alright. And yes thanks to that bonehead play we won the game.

Old 09-24-2007, 06:17 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
"Heap expected to play against Browns"

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...,1688926.story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

glad to see him play.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:21 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Anyone else worried how Kurt Warner picked our D apart, his quick release offset the pressure. Looked like Kurt of the super bowl Rams.

Old 09-24-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Quote:
he didnt connect so it doesnt matter, sometimes you make it like we sat Tom Brady for Kordell Stewart. Boller basically threw the same style of passes as McNair did and you act like he is a pro bowler who took the spot of a 3rd string JV player.

Boller did have a good game I will admit but I still think McNair should be the QB this season because he is offensive leader.
The most untrue thing ever said, at least if you take shots the D has it in the back of their minds that you'll try to go long hence opening things up a bit. Where as if you never take shots down the field the D knows they can stay right up on WRs and up in the box.

That said I didn't bash McNair earlier I just said if Kyle did what he did people would be bashing Kyle, I thought McNair played well but I still think he needs to go downfield more.

And I thought Warner was the right move by the Cards, Warner has more awareness then Leinart and knows where the open man is gonna be so he can just keep doin 3 step drops and dumpin off then goin over the op when we cheat up.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999