Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-08-2007, 09:14 PM    (permalink
DukeDaGod

Yeah 4 ints in first half
Old 10-08-2007, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
Kid? So what does that make Eli?
um, a kid?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:16 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
He had so many good holds last year too.....but one awful one.
There's good reason for the new K-ball rules. I don't blame Romo for what happened in Seattle at all.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:17 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
um, a kid?
So what's it take to be labeled a man?
Old 10-08-2007, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
Yeah, I understand DMW's reaction was premature. However, Romo still has 8 good halves this season, compared to 1 awful one.
Romo did the same hot/cold thing last year too, it's the same old song and dance as it were.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
So what's it take to be labeled a man?

I really hope your not being serious.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 10-08-2007, 09:21 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
I really hope your not being serious.
It just sounds funny to hear people refer to grown men as kids.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
If it makes you feel better, I will refer to Romo as a "grown man"

Let me know.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 10-08-2007, 09:23 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

TacticaLion hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
They're just the younger grown men compared to the other grown men in the NFL.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Primetime21
Veteran

Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There's good reason for the new K-ball rules. I don't blame Romo for what happened in Seattle at all.
Yea it was the 12th Man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz
Primetime21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:27 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
If it makes you feel better, I will refer to Romo as a "grown man"

Let me know.
My feelings aren't affected either way. Just thought you'd like to know how strange it sounds when you refer to a 27 year old NFL player as a kid.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Romo has looked good rebounding from the horrific first half. Thats something not everyone can do.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Last edited by Smooth Criminal : 10-08-2007 at 09:30 PM.
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
My feelings aren't affected either way. Just thought you'd like to know how strange it sounds when you refer to a 27 year old NFL player as a kid.
Holy Cow dude....

He IS a kid in the context I was talking about...meaning his experience in the NFL. (You know, how I was talking about the talk of him being a God was premature because he hasn't played a lot of football).
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 10-08-2007, 09:35 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

when he has sweet chest hair like me, he can be considered a man(granted he's 10+ years older than me...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.

Romo is overrated and this game proves it.. the best thing i got is that hes got the nerves of a spineless 3rd grader .. what would be better is if Eli manning had a kid.. but as far as i know he doesnt.. so.. spineless 3rd grader it is..

sig by bosanac01
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 01:42 AM    (permalink
jbsg02
Rookie

jbsg02 is a cocksman.jbsg02 is a cocksman.jbsg02 is a cocksman.

You can't let it take away from what he has done the first 4 games of the season, he has the ability to make incredible plays and win games. It's games like this one, where he had 5 ints that seperates him from players like Brady and Manning. The Cowboys won this game in spite of the offense, but when it came down to it, Romo drove down the field and scored a TD to put them in position to win.
jbsg02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 03:05 AM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

Romo is a playmaker. Plain and simple the guy makes things happen. Does he make boneheaded throws on occasion? Yes he can be a bit reckless, but its the same mentality that allows him to play like he has nothing to lose.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 04:28 AM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no love View Post
Romo is a playmaker. Plain and simple the guy makes things happen. Does he make boneheaded throws on occasion? Yes he can be a bit reckless, but its the same mentality that allows him to play like he has nothing to lose.
It's that type of thinking that's lead people to believe Brett Favre is the greatest player in the history of the game.
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 05:53 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewing View Post
It's that type of thinking that's lead people to believe Brett Favre is the greatest player in the history of the game.
Or that Vince Young is a good quarterback.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 05:57 AM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
Or that Vince Young is a good quarterback.
I've never once said Vince Young is a great or even good quarterback. I've said he's away ahead of schedule and has shown flashes of greatness. Plus, he's got no one around him on offense while Romo has Barber, TO, Glenn, and Witten.
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 06:28 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Romo is a good quarterback, but he's way too cocky and you could tell how embarrased he was in that game, when he was doing ****. Hopefully it brings him back down to earth abit, if it does i wish him luck- he could be great.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:08 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Romo is a good quarterback.

The NFC East has great quarterbacks, and all of em can play Q for my team. Id take any of em. I feel all 4 of em are capable of winning football games and taking a team (if built properly) to the next level.

Maybe Romo isn't as great as his first couple of games indicated, but that doesn't mean he sucks by any means. He's a good quarterback.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:31 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewing View Post
I've never once said Vince Young is a great or even good quarterback. I've said he's away ahead of schedule and has shown flashes of greatness. Plus, he's got no one around him on offense while Romo has Barber, TO, Glenn, and Witten.
Dude, joking.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 10:46 AM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ah, how did I know? To me, this only confirms what I was trying to say. The guy has been a complete trainwreck, has nearly killed his team's chance to win, and he comes in, keeps his head up, stays confident and composed, and makes the plays that he needs to make in order to give the team the W.

I love how people are trying to say "U thought ROmo was teh goD!!11".

This thread was begun to refute the naysayers who were contending that Romo's supposed "late season breakdown" was evidence for him being either a bad QB, or a harbinger of his inability to play the position at a high level for anything but a stretch here and there. I never said that he wouldn't take his lumps, or that he was the best QB in the NFL, or even that he would be an elite QB this year(which he obviously is, whatever you may say). All I said was that he was getting bagged upon in the offseason by idiotic reasoning, and he was proving that reasoning wrong. He has done that, and my statement still stands.

As for this game being proof of him not being in the Brady or Manning class (disclaimer: I'm not saying he is in that class, but read on) take a peek at this stat line:

20/35- 201yds - 0tds - 4ints - 34.0 rating

Romo's line last night:

29/50 - 309 yds - 2td - 5int - 49.9 rating

The first stat line? Brady on 11/5 of last year against the Colts. So does that mean that he doesn't belong in the Brady or Manning category now? O rly.

Well, maybe that's too good of an opponent for you. How about his game against the horrible KC defense in '05:

22/40 - 248yds - 1td - 4int - 42.5 rating

Let's not get carried away with one game--and, really, one half--of bad play. Romo made some really bad mistakes that will normally cost you games. Fortunately, Dallas' defense played like a dominant unit last night despite being on the field for way longer than you would want them to (Buffalo held nearly a 10 minute TOP advantage before Dallas' offense used up the last 3-4 minutes), and Romo had the grit and wherewithal to keep his composure and lead his team to victory after all he had done to give the game away. That says something about a QB, I don't care who you are. Even the best QBs have their bad days, just as I showed with Brady above. If Romo does this on more than a once-or-twice a year basis, or continually does it in key positions, then people are justified in saying he's overrated or not a very good QB. Until then, he has played 9 halves of great football, and one half of horrible football. I will take that from my franchise QB every day of the week, and twice on Monday Night.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Let's see what happens once defensive coaches have the first four weeks' worth of game film. That doesn't just apply to Romo, but everyone in the league.
Quoted for effect