Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 09-24-2007, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 4: Falcons vs Texans

This week should provide interesting newspaper fodder as Matt Schaub returns to Atlanta. Fortunately for us the Texans won't have Jacoby Jones or their starting center and probably won't have Andre Johnson or Ahman Green either. I think if the team can win any games it should be this one.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 05:11 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yeah, if we're ever going to win, it has to be this week.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 05:49 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What is going on with DeAngelo Hall?

Fighting his teammates in the locker as well as his coach now?
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
What is going on with DeAngelo Hall?

Fighting his teammates in the locker as well as his coach now?
Only one place reported that, the notoriously inaccurate PFT.

Old 09-25-2007, 12:54 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't think it's an issue. He was heated on the sidelines and that doesn't ever need to happen again, but there were no signs of anything else going on after he got back out there and had cooled off. He'll be delt with in house, and I like that.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:08 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
This week should provide interesting newspaper fodder as Matt Schaub returns to Atlanta. Fortunately for us the Texans won't have Jacoby Jones or their starting center and probably won't have Andre Johnson or Ahman Green either. I think if the team can win any games it should be this one.
Ahman has a sore knee and he might be back. I havent heard anything about Andre or Jacoby yet. Mike Flannegan isnt much of a drop-off if any at all from Steve McKinney. Michael Boleware will be more experienced with the defense. Our pass defense has been horrible so if you guys can generate some offense through the air you could do some damage. Run defense has been pretty good so far so I am sure you guys are going to take a lot of chances through the air and away from Dunta Robinson. The line is only Texans by 2.5. Good luck guys.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:20 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Ahman is going to play...Andre and Jacoby are not going to play.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know about Ahman Green, but I expect Ron Dayne to play this weekend.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

As long as they don't play Samkon Gado, the Falcon killer.

Old 09-26-2007, 04:56 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Shh...they might read this message board...don't remind them.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:00 PM    (permalink
RedLionAle
Rookie

RedLionAle hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ahman Green is questionable, McKinney's done for the year, Jacoby's out 2-3 weeks, and Andre has said he expects to be ready for this week's game. I don't think AJ will be playing, though. I live in Houston and I'm a Texan fan, so most of this info has come from either the Chronicle or the Radio in the mornings.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:22 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Hrmm...I heard a report that Andre wasn't going to even try to play. But I'm in Cleveland, TN, so I trust your source more than mine. I'd rather he didn't play, but I don't mind throwing Hall on him =) hehe
Old 09-27-2007, 01:33 AM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I'd just like to weigh in here and say. OMGMM TradEZ DhaLLZ #0021 HE SUXZ PEnaLTIEZZ hE=BUZt.

I mean seriously trade deangello hall? what a bunch of ****
Old 09-27-2007, 05:51 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftMichaelHuff View Post
I'd just like to weigh in here and say. OMGMM TradEZ DhaLLZ #0021 HE SUXZ PEnaLTIEZZ hE=BUZt.

I mean seriously trade deangello hall? what a bunch of ****

Seriously, we lost our best player on offense, and now we want to lose probably our best player on defense, who is a shutdown corner which is oh so rare now? He got overheated, at what he (and I) thought was poor officiating. He was punished by the refs and the team, no need to take it further.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:56 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

We're not trading him...we can't afford it.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Jonathan Babineaux is hurt, Trey Lewis will have to start. This sucks. First Coleman and now Babineaux.

Old 09-28-2007, 11:32 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

being down our top 2 UTs is BAD...we need DTs bad =/

Coleman needs to get back to where he could atleast take some snaps for us.
Old 09-30-2007, 05:02 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Well, in the balance of things, I'd accept their starting RB, pro bowl WR, and two other WR/KRs being out, in return for Babs. In a positive, we'll get to see what Lewis has got for a whole game. He's looked good in spurts thus far...
Old 09-30-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Finally, a win!!

Harrington looked very good again, and the O-line did well against a very good Texans D-line. Still getting stuffed on the run occasionally, but looking better, and very solid in protection.

Defense was solid, though not great. Pretty good against the run, and solid in the secondary - apart from Sanders, who looks like a slightly larger Webster. Houston wasn't too bad, given that he's a raw rookie.

Still not much from Anderson - especially in comparison to the guy we could have had - but he was drafted as a guy we knew would need some polishing, so no need to lose patience yet.

The real test for Harrington and the rest of the offense will be another game away from home, and we'll see whether the improvements stick in a hostile environment with a noisy 3rd down. If so, we might just be able to take QB off our immediate needs list...

A win. Enjoy it.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:15 PM    (permalink
falconsrule
Rookie

falconsrule hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Like I said before we really dont need to draft a QB with our 1st round pick.McFadden or Dorsey should be our 1st round options if their still on the board.
falconsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 04:16 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I <3 John Abraham.

When did Hall get in, who did he cover, and how'd they do?
Old 09-30-2007, 05:11 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

Abraham is a monster. Not sure whom Hall was covering, think it varied, but Schaub didn't go anywhere near Hall until very late in the game. He's a great corner, no doubt. I just hope he grows up and makes peace with petrino.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:53 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

For the first time this season I picked the Falcons to win and I was right. I'll enjoy it as I am unsure I will have too many of these moments.