Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 09-25-2007, 10:16 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Packers @ The Humpty Dump Week 4 Discussion

My thoughts

-Matchups favor the Packers, BUT, i really worry about a letdown here. the 'queens may be 1-2, but they're also just a couple plays away from being 3-0. and, it's still the Metrodome.

-That said, I like our chances here. nobody can run against the vikings and the Packers can't run against anybody, so, really, no change in gameplan necessary.

-If the Packer's D can keep McNabb, Manning and Rivers in check, Tavaris Jackson or Kelly Holcomb shouldn't be able to do much.

Overall, I expect running the ball to be a huge problem as it always is. Favre will probably throw 40-50 times...which makes any game wildcard. a couple picks, and this a completely different game.

When the Vikings have the ball....I also worry. historically, it seems that the Packers have had problems with the no name QBs having career days against 'em.

I'd still bet good money on the packers here, but I REALLLLLLY don't want to hear about this being an easy game.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 11:46 AM    (permalink
cordscords
Rookie

cordscords hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I like the Pack in this one as well, but I agree we shouldnt walk in there expecting to destroy the Vikings. I think this will be a low scoring game as both have stingy D's. I'm not too worried about the Vikings passing game, but AP has looked sharp since coming into the league. We should have 8 men in the box a good amount of the time.

On the offensive side of the ball I think we need to once again let Favre do his thing and beat the Vikings with his arm. I liked the conservative play calling last week and thats the same formula we should use on Sunday.
cordscords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:06 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Vikings never throw the ball further than 10 yards and they don't have anyone near the level of Antonio Gates so our pass defense should be fine. As long as we can contain Peterson I think the Vikings will be giving away alot of field position. I say the Pack wins easily b/c I know you can make the point that they could be 3-0 but those games were against Atlanta, Detroit, and KC.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Favre has never done particularly well in the Metrodome so I worry about how our offense will do in this game. I don't think this will be the day we get a rushing attack going and I expect Favre to have a less productive game than the last couple.

THAT SAID.. the Vikings offense doesn't frighten me at all. Our defense gets a considerable +++ in this situation, especially since they have ZERO weapons to attack our weakpoint (safety, which even than isn't that bad.)

I expect to see a LOT of us putting 8 in the box with a lot of mans and 1 deep covers, which should be sufficient to shut down their offense.

This could be a let down game for us but on paper we're a vastly better team than the Vikings. I'm shooting for a defensive game coming down to whoever ends up winning the turnover battle.

I'm going with 20-9 in favor of the Pack, no touchdowns for the Vikings and at least one of our touchdowns either coming defensively or drastically set up by the defense (along the lines of Barnett's interception return to the 3.)

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Favre's been doing better in the Metrodome lately. If we don't turn the ball over 2 or 3 times and contain their running game we should really dominate this game. That said, it definitely has the "letdown" factor as a possibility and any team can beat any team.
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:50 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with this being a win but it all relies on Favre, if he has a good game with 0-1 picks i think we win but if he turns it over more than that i could see a loss here
Old 09-25-2007, 01:17 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, who catches 421?

I'll go with the obvious answer, Driver. DD usually does well in the Metrodome.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.

I agree, I think DD gets 421 in this game. I think thats who Favre wants to get the TD. I wouldnt put it past favre to try a couple iffy passes with the intent to get DD no. 421. Hopefully DD will just get open and score.

By the way the early line in the game is the packers giving 1.5 points with the over/under down to 37.5 from 39.5
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
So, who catches 421?

I hope its Driver, with how much he has contributed over the years, it only seems fitting for him to catch it.

For the game I think we will be able to pull it off but we could struggle. We surely need our passing game because I doubt we'll do anything on the ground at all. About their offense, I agree that they could surprise us but I think that the only threat there would be AP and we SHOULD be able to contain him considering the job we did on LT last week. Should be a fun game to watch.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

421 goes to Korey Hall

The team that has less turnovers will win this game.

Al Harris will get a pick 6.

Last edited by Hawk : 09-25-2007 at 07:20 PM.
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 02:25 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
421 goes to Brandon Miree

Miree's not on the team.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
NickCollins36
Rookie

NickCollins36 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
421 goes to Brandon Miree

lol ya where hav u been?
korey hall all da way babay

sig by diehardvikingsfan

IN TED WE TRUST
NickCollins36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 05:47 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Greg Jennings gets 421, that dudes money i turf.

IF we stick to quick passing i highly doubt we throw any picks. How good are the Queens LB's at coverage, because if theyre bad I hope we use Bubba and Lee alot. Jennings and the rest will have a tougher day against the Minny secondary, but it should be an easy for Harris and Woodson. Last week Al just seemed to lose the battle of size.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 06:39 PM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.

James Jones gets 421.

I'm happy with Bigby's performance so far but I wanna see him make more plays in coverage, he's got major talent around him. I like his chances to improve even more this week.

Like Drowe said, no name qb's have done good against us in the past but the fact that Childress isn't a good coach should help out. In order to shut down the offense, AD should be a non-factor, make Holcombe or Jackson win the game.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:46 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a hard time believeing a bad-average QB does well against us, the last time was Boller right? Well look who was on defense that time around

Old 09-25-2007, 06:49 PM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post

I have a hard time believeing a bad-average QB does well against us, the last time was Boller right? Well look who was on defense that time around
Hey, Marques Anderson was a stud.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Miree's not on the team.
****, i was just playing madden where miree was still on the team, and I threw him a TD

either way i think the FB gets 421 on a little dump off

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
****, i was just playing madden where miree was still on the team, and I threw him a TD

either way i think the FB gets 421 on a little dump off
I highly doubt that. Our FB is almost never a target in the redzone and I don't see him taking it 20+ yards for a score. Plus he'll only get like 2 passes if that thrown his way. I think Driver does get it. He usually lights it up in Minnesota and is obviously Favre's favorite target.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Favre completes #421 to himself via a pass batted back to him. But hey, that's just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 05:09 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really hope Driver can get 421, it would be fitting.

God, I hate the freaking Vikings. I hope Pack, and in particular Favre obliterates them.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:44 AM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only thing that worries me about the Vikings is AD. If he can have a huge day, and the Vikings manage too put some pressure on Favre they may be able to keep it close and steal a win at the end of the game. I'm not that worried though, it is the Vikings we're talking about.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 12:43 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So, who catches 421?

For old time sake i wish Big Willy Henderson or Antonio Freeman would catch 421... but seeing as that isnt gonna happen i think Jennings is gonna get it.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys are going to win. It'll look like it's going to be close in the beginning, but eventually will convert third downs on us like crazy, and that will be the game. Your defense is going to give whoever we start fits.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 05:45 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
For old time sake i wish Big Willy Henderson or Antonio Freeman would catch 421... but seeing as that isnt gonna happen i think Jennings is gonna get it.
I wish it was Henderson, he was Favre's right hand man as seen here,

Theres a better pic of Henderson blocking for Favre, but i couldnt find it

Old 09-27-2007, 03:43 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In order to catch this game I have to drive back from Oktoberfest in Munich to Rome going balls to the wall all night long. Man i hope I make it back in time, I cannot miss 421 agianst the Turd burglars.

Also, Neko, the pack is 3-0 not 2-0.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote