Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > AFC West Division Forum

AFC West Division Forum Discuss the AFC West

View Poll Results: QB
Chargers 18 42.86%
Chiefs 2 4.76%
Raiders 9 21.43%
Broncos 13 30.95%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-08-2008, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Best By Position in AFC West: QBs

Team with best quarterbacks?

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 10:11 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Assuming he learns to play to his condition, Cutler is the most talented QB in the division.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Raider_fan_Canada
Rookie

Raider_fan_Canada is a cocksman.Raider_fan_Canada is a cocksman.Raider_fan_Canada is a cocksman.

At this point P Rivers is the best. He was awesome in the playoffs before being hurt. All those bigtime 3rd and longs he completed on the road with the noise and everything.... He's a jackass but damn he can play.

Yeah Cutler may have more talent and a bigger arm, so those Jamarcus Russell, but right now Rivers is the only one that has proved something.
Raider_fan_Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 08:53 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

You know your divison doesnt have very good QBs when Phillip Rivers is the best.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not only is cutler the best at this very moment, he also has the opportunity to become a lot better as he learns through experience.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:44 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1.Rivers. He's in the best position, and is also the most experienced. He's been doin the same thing since they got rid of Brees and he's got this spot for at least this year.

2.Cutler. He's more talented than Rivers, but is in a terrible position. Also not all that experienced and is still growing as a player. Could become best QB in division by next year.

3+4 WHO GIVES A **** RAIDERS AND CHIEFS SUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Kurve
Veteran

Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yeah its not much to really talk about here not many have proven them selfs outside of being a average qb in the league.

but id have to say rivers has proven him self more then any qb but you can argue his success is mainly due to his big time key players on that team even then it hasnt been much on that part.

cutler come on now he has nothing to show to say he is the best he couldnt even get a team to the playoffs and to say he has the best potential is a joke too, he is talented but JR in Oakland has the most potential in the AFC west.

Croyle well i dunno as of cutler and jr hasnt proven anything in this league yet.

Winner goes to Rivers by default
Kurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:06 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cutler has the best tangible potential because he's already proven to a certain degree, while Jamarcus Russell right now is arm, size, and that's about it. He hasn't really shown any of the intangibles yet, while Jay has. And FYI, Jay not leading Denver to the playoffs has nothing to do with him. Peyton Manning/Tom Brady wouldn't have led us to the playoffs last year. We had no defense, no running game and a piss poor offensive line with only one legitimate weapon on offense.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-19-2008, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Kurve
Veteran

Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
i sincerely hope you're kidding. because that's the most illogical, ill-informed, god awful opinion i've ever read on this board. dislike cutler all you want, but to suggest he can't be the best because he didn't lead denver to the playoffs suggests that you either have an extremely limp grasp of basic logic, or you know absolutely nothing about the sport of football.

No, im not bashing Cutler he is very talented and ton of potential but he really hasnt proven as much as what people give him credit for as if he has won playoff games and taken a team to the playoffs. While someone as my self who picks Jruss over him and getting bashed, people who bash me are the same people who are praising cutler as if he had proven him self yet i think its pretty dumb. One full year of football isnt much of proof to say someone is better then another while im going on potential and talent due to the lack of both QBs experience i pick Jruss simple as that while many did mention that culter had the most talent of any AFC west QBs . Hey and there is absolutely no need for you to put your high school english education to use just to put someones opinion down, rather you bashing my view and come up with why you would rather have cutler over any other QB in the AFC west or put your WELL - INFORMED football knowledge to use and argue differently to why you think cutler is better and has more talent then Jruss then i would more then welcome your argument.

Last edited by Kurve : 08-19-2008 at 05:48 PM.
Kurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 06:04 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Well for starters, as unproven as Cutler is, he is WORLDS more proven than Russell. Even in the first five games of his career, you just knew he was going to be good. He took an anemic offense to a respectable level AS A ROOKIE. It is not his fault the defense went from historic to terrible(in fact the defense's slide began two weeks before Cutler started). A statistical comparison as rookies:

JR: 36/66 (54.5%) 373 yards(5.7 ypa) 2 TD 4 INT in 4 games with one start.

Cutler: 81/137 (59.1%) 1001 yards(7.3 ypa) 9 TD 5 INT in five starts.

So Cutler has better stats across the board, with one more pick on more than double the pass attempts. Could JR be better than Cutler? Certainly, he has amazing raw potential. But there's a difference between raw potential and Cutler's much more proven potential, on top of his own excellent raw potential(slightly worse arm than JR, better mobility, seems to have all the intangibles).

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-09-2008, 09:22 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

So Kurve.....
good call on that, bud.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-09-2008, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yes kurve, please enlighten us with more of your vast football knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
So Kurve.....
good call on that, bud.
might want to get around to changing your location
Old 09-09-2008, 04:52 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunningham View Post
yes kurve, please enlighten us with more of your vast football knowledge.

might want to get around to changing your location
Thanks, good idea. I set that last year to make fun of Vince Young fans after like Week 2, LOL.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-09-2008, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

The Broncos, and quite easily.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 05:38 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

indeed!!!!!!!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 07:35 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yep still Rivers.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 09:13 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Nope, Orton.

... Okay, I'll concede this one, Chris Simms is the best QB in the division.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-23-2009, 02:13 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gradkowskizzzzzzz

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:18 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

I think this debate is largely settled at this point.

Rivers
Healthy Orton
Cassell(although he could prove to be almost as good as Rivers if/when the line improves)
Injured Orton
Gradkowski
Billy Volek
Brodie Croylezzzz(if hes still even on the chiefs)
Jamarcus Russell

Chris Simms.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-23-2009, 04:14 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post

Rivers
Healthy Orton
Cassell(although he could prove to be almost as good as Rivers if/when the line improves)
Injured Orton
Gradkowski
Billy Volek
Charlie Whitehurst
Ladainian Tomlinson
Jamarcus Russell

Chris Simms.

No dice at Cassell ever touching Rivers but I can definitely see him becoming a quality QB in time.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:16 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cassel is just terrible. His entire 08 season was a facade.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:28 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
The O line is abysmal though. I guess you could say that about any bad QB but knowing about Cassel's contract, he will be assured a 2nd chance as the KC rebuilding program goes on.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:54 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Yeah. Like he was good last year, so maybe he'll prove to not be garbage in the near future. Also I didn't mean to say he'd be as good as Rivers, more like better than Orton, who is otherwise the 2nd best QB in the AFC Best.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-15-2010, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post

Rivers
Healthy Orton
Injured Orton
Gradkowski
Billy Volek
Jamarcus Russell

Brady Quinn.
Updated for you.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:13 PM    (permalink
DenverHerbsman
Rookie

DenverHerbsman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
Yes he was pretty bad last year but you can't put it all on him. His line sucked, and his receivers dropped more passes than any other group in the league. Every game i watched it seemed he had at least one pass deflect off one of his receivers hands and get intercepted.
DenverHerbsman is offline   Reply With Quote