Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 10-02-2007, 12:40 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He never asked or demanded a trade...that's all. Now the vultures can leave.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
PTPaQ
Rookie

PTPaQ is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairPTPaQ is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairPTPaQ is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairPTPaQ is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairPTPaQ is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairPTPaQ is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairPTPaQ is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairPTPaQ is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairPTPaQ is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairPTPaQ is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairPTPaQ is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
'He gets clowned by any decent receiver he goes against.'

Steve Smith - Carolina Panthers - 1 catch 10 yards...

Yeah, he got SCHOOLED...darn...he made a smart play by giving up less yards by taking the PI penalty...beat 1 time all season...he's AWFUL guys, why don't we just cut him?

GTFO
You must not watch him when he plays against T.O. or Chad Johnson.

I know your last 4 opponents have had powerhouse receivers like Troy Williamson, Reggie Williams, The QB'less Panthers, and the Andre Johnson'less Texans. So yeah great job.

"Steve Smith - Carolina Panthers - 1 catch 10 yards..."

hahah. I would hope that you know theres more to the story than that.

But probably not.

So yeah, "schooled" is when you finally dont have safety help, Steve Smith runs completely by you and you have to yank him down from behind to avoid a TD. I dont blame him though, he's probably tired of being dragged into the Endzone.

Last edited by PTPaQ : 10-02-2007 at 02:47 PM.
PTPaQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 07:52 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTPaQ View Post
You must not watch him when he plays against T.O. or Chad Johnson.

I know your last 4 opponents have had powerhouse receivers like Troy Williamson, Reggie Williams, The QB'less Panthers, and the Andre Johnson'less Texans. So yeah great job.

"Steve Smith - Carolina Panthers - 1 catch 10 yards..."

hahah. I would hope that you know theres more to the story than that.

But probably not.

So yeah, "schooled" is when you finally dont have safety help, Steve Smith runs completely by you and you have to yank him down from behind to avoid a TD. I dont blame him though, he's probably tired of being dragged into the Endzone.

Yes. Because locking down the side of the field that has one of the best WR, and most explosive football players on it is such an easy task.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:27 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When he finally doesn't have safety help? Our safties aren't exactly coverage studs and you can pass the ball within 15 yards of the line of scrimmage.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 02:30 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think about Hall's play this season? I think he is playing like a top3 corner this year.

Hopefully he resigns with us.

P.S. I really like all these Player Name threads.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 02:41 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he leaves, he knows that the Falcons are now in a rebuilding process, with a loss of Vick, a new coach and his new qb.(soon to be comming). The only bright spots on the team are Hall, and the Lbs, and Abharham who has all 5 of Atls. sacks. Norwood is the only Offensive weapon, with the O-line in shamble because of injuries. Roddy White is finally putting up some numbers.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:49 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Abharham who has all 5 of Atls. sacks.
This line ALONE discredits you completely...simply because you don't know...
Old 10-23-2007, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
What do you guys think about Hall's play this season? I think he is playing like a top3 corner this year.

Hopefully he resigns with us.

P.S. I really like all these Player Name threads.
He's playing really, really good. Looking back on this thread and I really overreacted the the so-called "meltdown" and the rumored trade request.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 03:25 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This line ALONE discredits you completely...simply because you don't know...
exactly. cause Babineaux has 2 sacks, Crocker has 1, and Gravy has 1 in addition to Abraham's 5 leading to 9 total sacks.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 05:49 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my bad for not putting Abraham has 5 of Atl. 9 sacks. I was just trying to say that he is one of the few bright spots in ATl. D.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

looks like he is at it agian

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sp...hall_1024.html
Old 10-24-2007, 02:51 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, he's a goner.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder we could get from him in a trade?

Old 10-24-2007, 03:04 PM    (permalink
MaddHatter
Rookie

MaddHatter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Petrino better be careful or Hall will be wearing a blue and white jersey next year...

Mad props to Houshyamomma on FF.com
MaddHatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post

Right now it appears that the incumbent veterans from the Jim Mora era are on there way out and they want to go out loud and distracting.

Old 10-24-2007, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddHatter View Post
Petrino better be careful or Hall will be wearing a blue and white jersey next year...

I would be worried if I were you. The Redskins are the kind of team that trades for players without second thought. A first round pick for DeAngelo Hall sounds awfully nice right now...

Old 10-24-2007, 03:12 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I would be worried if I were you. The Redskins are the kind of team that trades for players without second thought. A first round pick for DeAngelo Hall sounds awfully nice right now...

I'd prefer to hold onto the young shutdown corner. This might be the best we can do though.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:12 PM    (permalink
MaddHatter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I doubt they send a first - perhaps swapping a 1st for your 2nd and Hall

Old 10-24-2007, 03:24 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Mad you have no idea do you? Deangelo Hall is one of the top 5 Corners likely top 3 corners in the league, he's 24 years old...give me a break, he's not going ANYWHERE for less than a first rounder...we swapped first and got 2 2nds for Matt Schaub...a backup QB...Deangelo Hall is proven...and he'll be a Falcon no doubt...things are operating differently than they did before. Don't worry...you guys gleaned from Atlanta's stupidity before with Deion Sanders, you won't get that lucky again. But anything LESS than a 1st rounder is pathetic, and I would be SHOCKED IF he moves anywhere that it wouldn't be a 1st AND 2nd...
Old 10-24-2007, 03:29 PM    (permalink
MaddHatter
Rookie

Quote:
Mad you have no idea do you? Deangelo Hall is one of the top 5 Corners likely top 3 corners in the league, he's 24 years old...give me a break, he's not going ANYWHERE for less than a first rounder...we swapped first and got 2 2nds for Matt Schaub...a backup QB...Deangelo Hall is proven...and he'll be a Falcon no doubt...things are operating differently than they did before. Don't worry...you guys gleaned from Atlanta's stupidity before with Deion Sanders, you won't get that lucky again. But anything LESS than a 1st rounder is pathetic, and I would be SHOCKED IF he moves anywhere that it wouldn't be a 1st AND 2nd...

Maybe so - if Petrino wants him gone, he want's to be gone, and Jerry is sitting there with welcoming arms, I could see a deal being made - especially with CB being one of our biggest weaknesess.

The fact that we have 2 first's to play with makes it even easier.

By the way, not sure how it plays out, but isn't our first (v CLE) for your 2nd (v HOU) equal a late 1st (assuming CLE comes out in the 8-12th range)

Old 10-24-2007, 05:26 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Doesnt Hall have a thing in his contract this year when he can opt out. The trade deadline passes i believe. So end of season come Hall opts out and chooses where he wants to go and get a fat pay day like Nate Clements from ohhh i dont know maybe Steelers.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

I hope someone pays him like they paid Clements. That would be funny. Hall is very good, but as Lawyer Milloy said about him "self proclaimed best in the game." As in he's the only one who actually believes that.

Old 10-24-2007, 07:06 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't like how the Petrino era is beginning. I like the coach but sending out our best players is horrible. I mean, maybe he is a Couglin in the lockerroom. Who knows. I know he worked with him, and I don't want that as a head coach. Hall is one of the, if not the, best player on our defense. Right on par with Michael Boley and Big Ol' Gra--- oops never mind he got cut.

Ugh, I don't mind winning but disunity in the lockeroom sucks and just screams a failed coaching regime.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 07:10 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Doesnt Hall have a thing in his contract this year when he can opt out. The trade deadline passes i believe. So end of season come Hall opts out and chooses where he wants to go and get a fat pay day like Nate Clements from ohhh i dont know maybe Steelers.

Slap a franchise tag on his ass.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
I really don't like how the Petrino era is beginning. I like the coach but sending out our best players is horrible. I mean, maybe he is a Couglin in the lockerroom. Who knows. I know he worked with him, and I don't want that as a head coach. Hall is one of the, if not the, best player on our defense. Right on par with Michael Boley and Big Ol' Gra--- oops never mind he got cut.

Ugh, I don't mind winning but disunity in the lockeroom sucks and just screams a failed coaching regime.

I wouldn't put all the blame on the coaching staff. The team wasn't exactly rosy last year, or the year before that. I mean both in '05 and '06 the team imploded at mid-season. These veterans weren't doing their job and now they are being replaced. There is no reason for the remaining veterans to ***** about it to the media.

Besides, look on the bright side. It could be worse; the Miami Dolphins anyone?

Last edited by Shiver : 10-24-2007 at 11:00 PM.