Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC North Division Forum

NFC North Division Forum Discuss the NFC North

Old 11-22-2007, 11:49 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To clarify this point, would I rather have the Packers defensive tackles for this year? Certainly. Would I rather have them over the long term? I don't think I would trade Tommie Harris for Colin Cole and Johnny Jolly no. If that means I don't get to be the Packers GM I guess I'll have to live with that.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
To clarify this point, would I rather have the Packers defensive tackles for this year? Certainly. Would I rather have them over the long term? I don't think I would trade Tommie Harris for Colin Cole and Johnny Jolly no. If that means I don't get to be the Packers GM I guess I'll have to live with that.
Colin Cole? He's barely been active this year.

Starters are Ryan Pickett and Johnny Jolly. Corey Williams gets a ton of snaps as well. Those are the main 3 guys. Then you have Harrell for the future.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 11:56 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Colin Cole? He's barely been active this year.

Starters are Ryan Pickett and Johnny Jolly. Corey Williams gets a ton of snaps as well. Those are the main 3 guys. Then you have Harrell for the future.
I'd go as far as to say he's the best of the bunch, and both Pickett and Jolly have played great football.
mqtirishfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804 View Post
It's looks like Mr. Wright is due to be eating some crow.

18 catches, 232 yards, and 1 TD later, James Jones is looking like a major steal.
Major steal? No, a reach that worked out. Yes. But he was definitely not a steal.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
I'd go as far as to say he's the best of the bunch, and both Pickett and Jolly have played great football.
He definitely makes the most big plays. Pickett is really underrated. He's been a force since he arrived in Green Bay and is definitely one of the top 4-3 NTs in the game. Constantly eats double teams and clogs up the middle, plus he has good awareness and is always flowing towards the ball. I've noticed him stack up blockers a few times and blow plays up simply by disrupting the offensive line's blocking scheme.
Old 11-23-2007, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post
Major steal? No, a reach that worked out. Yes. But he was definitely not a steal.
It's hard to say. Who knows, maybe if the Packers pass on him the next team grabs him. Always hard to tell what NFL team think of players, especially in the later rounds.

Other than his timed speed, I don't see what the major knocks on Jones were. I barely knew anything about him when we drafted him but I did some research and he looked like a good prospect. Big, strong kid with GREAT hands and natural wide receiver skills. Plus he plays much faster than he times.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My favorite comments were those claiming any team but the Packers would win the NFC North.

GG, you all fail.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 12:09 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

TacticaLion hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post
A "reach" performing the way he's performing... I'd call that a steal.
Old 11-23-2007, 12:25 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticaLion View Post
Dude, you cannot call someone that is preforming a steal. He is preforming well, he was a 3rd rounder. Just because he is getting more of an opprotunity to play than other WRs that were drafted this year. And if thats how you are basing this, off of 12 weeks of play, would you be calling all these WRs busts:
-Ginn
-Meachem
-B.Davis
-Gonzalez (who had a good game last night)
-Rice
-Jarrett
-Smith
-Jacoby Jones
-Laurent Robinson
-Yamon Figurs

All players taken before jones. Are all these players busts then, since they havent had the opprotunities that Jones has had? No. You cannot call someone a steal based on 12 weeks of action. And my definition of a steal in the draft is someone who is projected higher, and a real good player that should have been taken earlier ie. (no homer) Greg Olson. Reach - Garrett Wolfe. See the difference?

* I see that I got off track w/ busts, but thats ok ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
And if thats how you are basing this, off of 12 weeks of play, would you be calling all these WRs busts:
-Ginn
-Meachem
-B.Davis
-Gonzalez (who had a good game last night)
-Rice
-Jarrett
-Smith
-Jacoby Jones
-Laurent Robinson
-Yamon Figurs
So far, yes. So far they've been busts, done nadda (wait, didn't Sidney Rice have a good game or two?) or at least not lived up to their billing.

James Jones has done better than any of them and cost a lower draft pick.

Let me sum it up..

Jones = 3rd round pick = outperforming 1st and 2nd round picks = better player for less cost = steal

Mmkay?
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 01:29 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BF51 gets a bum rep in the North forums. Any time he is wrong about anything we all give him **** about it... But when he is right we conveniently ignore that fact.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:37 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
BF51 gets a bum rep in the North forums. Any time he is wrong about anything we all give him **** about it... But when he is right we conveniently ignore that fact.
I take it on by aggressively arguing basically any point. When you comment on 100 things you're going to be wrong more often than if you comment on 5. Those that don't want to point out when I'm correct are either indifferent, lazy, or threatened.

It doesn't matter to me though, as long as people are intelligent and responsible about it I have no problem with it. It's why I've never had a problem with any of the prominent Packers posters on here because despite their occasional homerism almost all of them are knowledgeable to varying degrees.

Old 11-26-2007, 01:49 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
So far, yes. So far they've been busts, done nadda (wait, didn't Sidney Rice have a good game or two?) or at least not lived up to their billing.

James Jones has done better than any of them and cost a lower draft pick.

Let me sum it up..

Jones = 3rd round pick = outperforming 1st and 2nd round picks = better player for less cost = steal

Mmkay?
The draft is not set up to be immediately gratifying. While Jones' rookie production is solid, there's really no way to judge what his growth will be relative to any of the other rookies, thus why using "steal" and "bust" is a useless term at this point.

There are far too many variables to make a determination at this point, unless you feel that his production so far is sufficient enough that he could completely tank the rest of his career and the pick would still be worth it.

Old 11-26-2007, 04:09 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I take it on by aggressively arguing basically any point. When you comment on 100 things you're going to be wrong more often than if you comment on 5.
No offense, but you sort of missed the boat on most of you're predictions in the Norris this year,as was I. I picked the Bears to win as well, but you really made a point of showing that no one in the North was in the same class as the bears. Last year, I remember you were dead on and many of us were wrong

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 11:53 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
No offense, but you sort of missed the boat on most of you're predictions in the Norris this year,as was I. I picked the Bears to win as well, but you really made a point of showing that no one in the North was in the same class as the bears. Last year, I remember you were dead on and many of us were wrong
None taken. I think most people missed that boat.

Old 11-26-2007, 12:57 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I take it on by aggressively arguing basically any point. When you comment on 100 things you're going to be wrong more often than if you comment on 5. Those that don't want to point out when I'm correct are either indifferent, lazy, or threatened.

It doesn't matter to me though, as long as people are intelligent and responsible about it I have no problem with it. It's why I've never had a problem with any of the prominent Packers posters on here because despite their occasional homerism almost all of them are knowledgeable to varying degrees.
Our occasional homerism tends to be right. Now, our hatred of the Bears and Vikings might color our perceptions. But when us Packer fans talk about the Packers, we are right(Marquand Manual excluded.)

Everyone but that guy who has BF51 in his sig was wrong about the North this year. I thought the Pack would be 10-6 or 9-7 while the Bears would be 11-5 or 10-6.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:54 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think most people missed that boat.
Yeah, true.
Again, not trying to rub salts in the wound, but I remember you saying the bears receivers were better than the Packers " because we have more than one". Ha

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticaLion View Post
He's not a steal. He's a third round player who is putting up pretty good numbers in a very pass happy offense. Nothing against him at all, but if he were in an average pass offense I think he would be putting up slightly above average numbers for a person in his situation. A great pick anyways though.

Oh, and talk about a thread backfiring.... :)
Old 11-28-2007, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the competition between the NFC North (Packer Fan), but some of the trash talk is just straight up lame. You guys wanna know something sick? I was rooting for the bears to win against Denver because I actually like Grossman and want them to make some noise. sick
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 10:21 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
I love the competition between the NFC North (Packer Fan), but some of the trash talk is just straight up lame. You guys wanna know something sick? I was rooting for the bears to win against Denver because I actually like Grossman and want them to make some noise. sick
As long as it isn't the Vikings. The Bears have suffered enough in my lifetime, I don't have a problem with them winning(as long as it isn't at the extent of the Packers.)
Old 11-28-2007, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As long as it isn't the Vikings. The Bears have suffered enough in my lifetime, I don't have a problem with them winning(as long as it isn't at the extent of the Packers.)
Same here, I despise the Vikings and I only really really don't like the Bears. The Lions on the other hand is straight up sympathy...
Old 11-29-2007, 01:50 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
Same here, I despise the Vikings and I only really really don't like the Bears. The Lions on the other hand is straight up sympathy...
It is like kicking a starving puppy to pick on the Lions. I respect the Bears, so I can let them have their season once a decade.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

true that.. I don't even mind them talking trash to us about their 13-3 season or whatever it was last year. Because I just get to look back at the past 17 years Favre's been around, and they have basically been irrelevant
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 02:02 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As long as it isn't the Vikings. The Bears have suffered enough in my lifetime
Because the Vikings have been so awfully successful, right?
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 02:15 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Because the Vikings have been so awfully successful, right?
They at least gave the Packers competition. 9 playoff seasons since 92, and 4 division championships. The Bears were fighting the Lions for last in the division through most of the 90s.