Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-05-2007, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe
I also think the VP and co are part of "the Company" as well. Plus, I wonder what tatic Fayed is going to use to get Morris to program the trigger. I have no idea what he could do since no matter what Morris will die and if he does program the triggers, he will just take millions of people with him.
Last season they tried to make the VP seem evil as well, so it could be nothing. I would like to point out that Powers Boothe is a Texas State alumni though, so anything is possible! :D
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward
Quote:
I knew right when they McCarthy said he found someone to program the triggers that it was gonna be Morris. 24 has gotten too predictable.
Maybe you've gotten smarter, because I didn't see that coming at all.
It became even more apparent when he got that memo about his brother. Same exact thing happened to Adam, another CTU guy, in season 3, when his sister got sick and died. 24 isn't seriously gonna use the same exact plotline again.
I don't recall that happening. And I am almost one with rewatching day 3 of 24.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward
Quote:
I also think the VP and co are part of "the Company" as well. Plus, I wonder what tatic Fayed is going to use to get Morris to program the trigger. I have no idea what he could do since no matter what Morris will die and if he does program the triggers, he will just take millions of people with him.
Last season they tried to make the VP seem evil as well, so it could be nothing. I would like to point out that Powers Boothe is a Texas State alumni though, so anything is possible! :D
I wish I had the name "Powers Boothe." That'd be badass.

Old 02-05-2007, 09:42 PM    (permalink
energizerbunny
Veteran

energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow.... chloe basically just killed Morris...... she is sooo stupid
energizerbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Morris is like a straighter, but gayer version of Edgar. And Edgar was pretty gay.

and if the g word turns to cool, I really meant g.ay.

Old 02-05-2007, 09:46 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Chloe > Vanderjagt when it comes to choking
Old 02-05-2007, 09:52 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Nadia will turn out a terrorist. Mark it down. Remember when (forgetting his name right now, Chloe's X boyfrined) let Nadia into the server without racial profiling. It's gonna come back to haunt him. She will be a terrorist. THere is always someone bad in CTU, and why else would they show that seen?
Old 02-05-2007, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan3
Nadia will turn out a terrorist. Mark it down. Remember when (forgetting his name right now, Chloe's X boyfrined) let Nadia into the server without racial profiling. It's gonna come back to haunt him. She will be a terrorist. THere is always someone bad in CTU, and why else would they show that seen?
Because Milo and Nadia will bone later, and it will be hot.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 03:39 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan3

There is no way that happens. The show is already under fire for it's portrayal of Muslims; they need a few token 'good' Muslims to make up for the plethora of evil terrorists. That scene was there to show the 'wrong' in discriminating against loyal citizens, that happen to have a certain background.

Overall tonight was a very good episode. Much better than the previous two. I cannot wait to see how they develop the James Cromwell character.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 05:38 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 hours next week, does that mean there will be a week off after that or something?

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 07:08 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon
2 hours next week, does that mean there will be a week off after that or something?
Nope
Old 02-09-2007, 08:31 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bump for a little mid-way excitement...

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 11:01 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon
Nope
never, like 20 straight weeks in a row

^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 07:56 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So far...so good.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 02-12-2007, 07:57 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Morris is a ******* idiot.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:06 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

best line,
Chloe-"Glad Fayed didn't kill you."
Jack-"Me too."
Old 02-12-2007, 08:46 PM    (permalink
miamichamp_305
Rookie

miamichamp_305 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Jack's father is an asshole, how can you live with a guy like that?
Old 02-12-2007, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen
So far...so good.
First hour was good, then the second one started out okay until Assad's minor role, then it intensified. I was hoping to see Jack jump out of a helicopter.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 08:49 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

I'm glad they're showing this episode tonight, because it's obviously a "setup" episode.

Philip Bauer is a bastard.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 02-12-2007, 09:00 PM    (permalink
miamichamp_305
Rookie

miamichamp_305 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Holy ****! As much as I loved 24 before I love it even more now.

The only thing I don't get is why Jack Bauer's hand gets all popped up after explosions, it was like that after the nuke exploded.
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Nice wrap-up...

And nice preview, too.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The previews look badass.

"Who WAS IT!?!?!!?!?"

"your father"

Dramatic silence and the music.

Old 02-12-2007, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Can someone help me out? I missed about 20 minutes of the first episode tonight. From about the part where Jack and the team sets up a perimeter outside the apartment building was and until Jack finds the nuke. Can someone fill me in on what happened between then, how did they get Morris to program the code?

Oh, and by the way, Morris is now my least favorite character. And that Myralin chick is stupid as hell. You have the almighty Jack Bauer with you. Why wouldn't you just tell him? You should know that your son would have a better chance of living with that tactical assistance of CTU and Bauer.

Old 02-12-2007, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

I found this pretty funny, on the previews for my local news (Philadelphia); they said, "You think JOE Bauer is tough? Wait, till you see these tough guys". They show the FBI.

Then there is Breaking News, there was a shooting at a Naval yard and there was a press conference.

Someone asks:

"What info do you have on the shooter?"

"I think he APPEARED to be African-American, and he shot two Caucasians and an African-America"

Worst. Press. Conference. Ever

BTW, I have no idea why I felt the need to say this. But the Joe Bauer part pissed me off.

Old 02-12-2007, 09:16 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Can someone help me out? I missed about 20 minutes of the first episode tonight. From about the part where Jack and the team sets up a perimeter outside the apartment building was and until Jack finds the nuke. Can someone fill me in on what happened between then, how did they get Morris to program the code?

Oh, and by the way, Morris is now my least favorite character. And that Myralin chick is stupid as hell. You have the almighty Jack Bauer with you. Why wouldn't you just tell him? You should know that your son would have a better chance of living with that tactical assistance of CTU and Bauer.
They get some city alarm system to set off the fire alarms. The clearings allow their heat sensors to identify where the terrorists are, since they obviously wouldn't leave.

In the building, they are torturing Morris. They beat him, drive a screwdriver into his arm, that junk. The blonde McCarthy girl wants to help out by saying that it's not longer about the money. As soon as Fayed hears that, he shoots her dead.

After almost being screwdriven again, Morris caves. He sets up the nuke, and I *think* around that time the alarm goes off. Can't remember. Once he has the code set up, Fayed tells a cronie to kill him. Just before he can, the CTU unit and Jack blows in and kills all the cronies (except Fayed, as he had escaped).

Not sure how much of that you needed, but...

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote: