Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC North Division Forum

NFC North Division Forum Discuss the NFC North

Old 09-30-2007, 07:46 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Packers-Bears, Game 1

Yes I realize that week 4 isn't even over yet, but this is a rivalry game. Luckly for Bears fans Favre broke the record this week so you won't have to listen to Madden rave about it. Well not as much at least.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:02 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post

Yes I realize that week 4 isn't even over yet, but this is a rivalry game. Luckly for Bears fans Favre broke the record this week so you won't have to listen to Madden rave about it. Well not as much at least.
go on packers.com and look what u see :) its all over the world!
Old 09-30-2007, 08:21 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It should be an intriguing game. The Bears stayed close against the Lions in a game that should never have been close, in all honesty. That said, the health of our defense will be key, particularly the DB's. If we can get a guy or two back, it'll make for an intriguing matchup in that, I think we can get pressure on you guys, and the Packers still lack a run game. That said, without our DB's, we're in trouble. I do expect week 2 of Griese to be a bit better than week 1, so that'll help in some regards.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 08:23 PM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
It should be an intriguing game. The Bears stayed close against the Lions in a game that should never have been close, in all honesty. That said, the health of our defense will be key, particularly the DB's. If we can get a guy or two back, it'll make for an intriguing matchup in that, I think we can get pressure on you guys, and the Packers still lack a run game. That said, without our DB's, we're in trouble. I do expect week 2 of Griese to be a bit better than week 1, so that'll help in some regards.
I agree, our passing offense has been very good, and even if you get some guys back we might be able to do something. My Prediction is us in a 10-3 type of game.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:17 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbpackers0065 View Post
I agree, our passing offense has been very good, and even if you get some guys back we might be able to do something. My Prediction is us in a 10-3 type of game.
nah... Bears won't do much, they've got too many injuries. It'll be a blowout and it all ends in Packer fans bragging about it and Bears fans saying it's unfair since they had loads of injuries. Then after a few weeks of that crap, when we're all bored with the showing off and complaining you'll all shut up about it, at least until the next time.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 05:33 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bears have alot of injurys but right now who is hurt on the bears that might not play againist the Packers?

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
True, if you guys won't have your DB's then it would be a matchup comparable to the GB-SD game a week ago where they could get pressure but Favre was still able to take advantage of their secondary. But bring that comparison to offense and thats where the game falls in our favor, especially after you guys struggled against Detroits defense.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vasher is the only one that seems assured to be out. I would expect Briggs to play as they said he was close last week.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 01:57 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think this is definetly the make it or break it game for the Bears. If we are 1-4 and the pack are 5-0 its all but over. I think the game will be close i don't forsee a pack blow out. There playing really well a lil better than they actually are but I still feel we match up well with the Pack. I don't do predictions so we'll see.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 03:15 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

TacticaLion hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Come on Bears! (I thought I'd never say that...)
Old 10-02-2007, 04:17 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we matchup pretty well with the Packers too, but it really depends on the health of the defense. We're a good team against the pass when healthy, but unless Tillman and Briggs are back to top shape (and to a lesser degree Arch) our chances are much much less. Vasher hurts but is manageable with everyone else healthy.

If Tait misses that could cause problems too. He's the only one on the line playing worth a damn right now.

Old 10-02-2007, 06:46 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers v Bears Matchup
QB: GB- Favre's been hot this year and theres no denying that.
RB: GB- We've got Morency back and IMO we have better depth Cedric has been abysmal, WOlfe may need to gain some weight and Peterson doesnt get the ball that much.
WR: GB- Jennings came back and DD got 100 yards, JJ has shown potential.
TE: CHI- Lee and Bubba have done good enough and Im not sure what Clark and Olsen have done so im really basing this on last year.
OL: GB- Both teams have had bad run blocking, but I dont with the way we shut down NYG and I dont think favre has been sacked more than 3 or 4 times (one was even his or the recievers fault, plus the defenses we have gone up against have good-elite pass rushers except Minny)

DL: CHI-Slight advantage. Kampman has played well, and KGB has been a beast in relief of Cullen on passing sits.
LB: GB or CHI- All depends on the health of Briggs
DB: GB or CHI- All depends on whose healthy for CHI.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Last edited by neko4 : 10-02-2007 at 06:50 PM.
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 07:08 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I don't buy Green Bay's runningbacks as being better than anyone in the NFL quite frankly.

Old 10-02-2007, 07:44 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

TacticaLion hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I don't buy Green Bay's runningbacks as being better than anyone in the NFL quite frankly.
Yeah... regardless of how well Benson has played, I'd take him over anyone on the Pack's roster.

Who would you rather have: Derrick Ward or LT?

Might just be me.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
To be fair, Vernand Morency hasn't been able to play regularly yet. He was the Packers starting RB when camp opened.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 07:54 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im basically assuming that Morency will play as good as Benson. He played well catching passes. Matter of fact all the RB's have done well out of the backfield recieving. They have more jobs than just running it (If only Jackson could pick up the blitz)

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Im basically assuming that Morency will play as good as Benson. He played well catching passes. Matter of fact all the RB's have done well out of the backfield recieving. They have more jobs than just running it (If only Jackson could pick up the blitz)
I wouldn't go that far, but he could be said to be up there.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:17 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll be going to the game. What's the injury report for the Bears look like?

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 03:01 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
really good for the packers.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 05:06 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
Vasher and Tait are definately out.

Tillman and Briggs are likely out.

Sigh...

Old 10-06-2007, 01:08 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Sun-Times says Briggs and Tillman are likely to play, so who knows.

Old 10-06-2007, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

I just can't see the Bears hurting the Packers at all with their offence so I think this is going to be a blowout. The Packers weakness on defence is the big play because they're very aggressive. Benson isn't going to reel off any long runs barring a miracle and I can't see Griese completing any long passes either. For this reason, I think it's going to be a long day for the Bears offence.

The Packers should be able to beat up on the Bears shorthanded secondary with their stable of receiving threats. Unless the Bears can create some turnovers, I just can't see them being in this game.
Old 10-06-2007, 03:53 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Benson isn't going to reel off any long runs barring a miracle and I can't see Griese completing any long passes either.
*Rolls eyes*

I didn't realize we were playing the Steel Curtain.

The Packers defense is good, but it's not elite, not yet anyway. Even the Vikings moved the ball on you guys.

Old 10-06-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
*Rolls eyes*

I didn't realize we were playing the Steel Curtain.

The Packers defense is good, but it's not elite, not yet anyway. Even the Vikings moved the ball on you guys.
Did you even read my analysis? The Packers are very stout except they're susceptible to the big play due to their aggressiveness. The Bears don't have players who are going to tear you up for 50 yards on a play (i.e. Adrian Peterson). Benson isn't a big play threat and Griese is not going to be lobbing 50 yard bombs downfield. The Packers are very difficult to grind against because they have great size and strength throughout their defence. If you don't make some big plays, you won't move the ball.

The Vikings moved the ball on about 5 plays the entire game. Peterson got loose a few times and there were a few other big plays. They didn't sustain drives, they just hit home runs from time to time. That's the Packers weakness. Unfortunately for the Bears, they don't have Adrian Peterson and Benson certainly isn't going to reel off any 50 yard runs.

I don't know what your definition of elite is, but most would rate the Packers as a top 10 defence at worst.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:10 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Did you even read my analysis? The Packers are very stout except they're susceptible to the big play due to their aggressiveness. The Bears don't have players who are going to tear you up for 50 yards on a play (i.e. Adrian Peterson). Benson isn't a big play threat and Griese is not going to be lobbing 50 yard bombs downfield. The Packers are very difficult to grind against because they have great size and strength throughout their defence. If you don't make some big plays, you won't move the ball.

The Vikings moved the ball on about 5 plays the entire game. Peterson got loose a few times and there were a few other big plays. They didn't sustain drives, they just hit home runs from time to time. That's the Packers weakness. Unfortunately for the Bears, they don't have Adrian Peterson and Benson certainly isn't going to reel off any 50 yard runs.

I don't know what your definition of elite is, but most would rate the Packers as a top 10 defence at worst.
Actually, they do...