Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC North Division Forum

NFC North Division Forum Discuss the NFC North

Old 10-06-2007, 03:32 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
I don't know what your definition of elite is, but most would rate the Packers as a top 10 defence at worst.
Well considering there are only 32 teams, no I would not consider top 10 elite.

Either way, to say that it will take a "miracle". Gimme a break dude.

Yeah the Packers are playing better, yeah they should be favored to win, and it could even be a blowout, but that's just ridiculous. The Packers are good but they aren't that far removed from the team that won 8 games last year.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Well considering there are only 32 teams, no I would not consider top 10 elite.

Either way, to say that it will take a "miracle". Gimme a break dude.

Yeah the Packers are playing better, yeah they should be favored to win, and it could even be a blowout, but that's just ridiculous. The Packers are good but they aren't that far removed from the team that won 8 games last year.
I said it would take a miracle for Griese to complete any long passes.

Packers have the longest active win streak in the NFL. I'd say they are pretty far removed from a non-playoff team last year. At least as far removed as the Bears are from the team they were last year.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I said it would take a miracle for Griese to complete any long passes.

Packers have the longest active win streak in the NFL. I'd say they are pretty far removed from a non-playoff team last year. At least as far removed as the Bears are from the team they were last year.
Actually you said barring a miracle Benson wouldn't break off any long runs. Maybe you should read your own analysis wiseass.

Regardless, IF we can even get remotely healthy, I think a lot of you Packers fans that are predicting a 35-3 game are in for a suprise. Even when we were kicking your asses I don't think any of us were stupid enough to say something like that.

Old 10-06-2007, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Actually you said barring a miracle Benson wouldn't break off any long runs. Maybe you should read your own analysis wiseass.

Regardless, IF we can even get remotely healthy, I think a lot of you Packers fans that are predicting a 35-3 game are in for a suprise. Even when we were kicking your asses I don't think any of us were stupid enough to say something like that.
Well considering Benson has a career long run of 36 yards I'm not very afraid of him as a big-play threat.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:52 AM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God, two trap games in a row. I can't wait for this game to be over with a Packers win. :)

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 12:19 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seeing as the Packers had to use the refs in order to beat the lowly Vikings, I'm thinking that there's no way something like that can happen again and am predicting the Bears to come out on top by a comfortable margin.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardvikingsfan View Post
Seeing as the Packers had to use the refs in order to beat the lowly Vikings, I'm thinking that there's no way something like that can happen again and am predicting the Bears to come out on top by a comfortable margin.
I guess their 4-0 record is just the result of refs loving the Packers.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:31 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I guess their 4-0 record is just the result of refs loving the Packers.
Ha, yup pretty much, as they would be 3-1 if the refs wouldn't have been so adamant about Brett getting the victory in his record breaking performance.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Ha, yup pretty much, as they would be 3-1 if the refs wouldn't have been so adamant about Brett getting the victory in his record breaking performance.
Keep dreaming.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ha. That made me laugh. First of all, we dropped at least two sure interceptions, fumbled twice in the red zone, and fumbled again at the end of the game to give you a chance to tie. So yeah, give up the "refs hate the Vikings, and love the Packers" crap. It's kind of pathetic. And do you really expect us to make the same mistakes twice? I mean, we played like **** that game. It's easy to see. I'm sure they've been working there asses off this week in practice to try and correct that.

Try and stop whining...

Hitman D

Old 10-07-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Ha. That made me laugh. First of all, we dropped at least two sure interceptions, fumbled twice in the red zone, and fumbled again at the end of the game to give you a chance to tie. So yeah, give up the "refs hate the Vikings, and love the Packers" crap. It's kind of pathetic. And do you really expect us to make the same mistakes twice? I mean, we played like **** that game. It's easy to see. I'm sure they've been working there asses off this week in practice to try and correct that.
Good point. I'm not even sure why we're playing this game. I mean...the Packers have been working hard this week...I say Packers 35 Bears 3 is too conservative. No way we'll hold the Packers offense to 35. I'm just hoping we can make it through without anyone dying.

Old 10-07-2007, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Quote:
Good point. I'm not even sure why we're playing this game. I mean...the Packers have been working hard this week...I say Packers 35 Bears 3 is too conservative. No way we'll hold the Packers offense to 35. I'm just hoping we can make it through without anyone dying.
Wow. Somebodies awfully bitter. You know exactly what I meant. If you watched the game last week, you would have seen exactly what I'm talking about. But, hey, maybe that's a little much to hope for.

Hitman D

Old 10-07-2007, 03:28 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Wow. Somebodies awfully bitter. You know exactly what I meant. If you watched the game last week, you would have seen exactly what I'm talking about. But, hey, maybe that's a little much to hope for.
No I just think it's funny how most of you are assuming that the Bears are just going to roll over and the Packers are going to dominate because they've been "working hard all week". Clearly the Packers are playing much better right now, but I would be suprised if the point differential is more than +10.

We'll see though....I've been wrong about all kinds of things this year.

Old 10-07-2007, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.

I expect a close game. It seems as though the bears are getting healthier and there playing this game to pretty much determine if there season is over. If griese plays at least ok and their defense has enough depth to overcome their injuries the bears have a good chance in this game. Still, the packers are hot and the bears havent shown much at all this year. Its just hard to believe the nfc champs have become chumps after less than a year. There has to be more than enough talent for them to be dangerous any week this year.

Last edited by Football Fan : 10-07-2007 at 04:32 PM.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 04:09 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

It really comes down to Tillman. If he plays I think we have a decent shot. If he doesn't I think we're pretty ******.

Losing Vasher and Brown is tough enough, losing three members of your secondary (plus a backup) is beyond repair.

Old 10-07-2007, 04:29 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Packers have the longest active win streak in the NFL.
Also not true. That would be the Colts.

Old 10-07-2007, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Also not true. That would be the Colts.
Regular season winning streak...
Old 10-07-2007, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lets see here, it doesn't look like Tait will be playing today... that's no good. If so, I expect to see Aaron Kampman all over Griese today.Briggs, would be nice to see him play but Jamar Williams has done a fine job of replacing him. Vasher, no chance he plays. We need Tillman to play big time or else we're ******.

Hey 51, who is the backup you are talking about that we lost?

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Try and stop whining...
DHVF is right. Don't try and down grade the effect of that BS the refs pulled. It was a completely obvious fumble and was going to be a TD. If they don't call that play dead the game is tied 16-16 with all the momentum in the vikings favor instead of it becoming 23-9 with the momentum in the Packs favor.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 06:35 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
Lets see here, it doesn't look like Tait will be playing today... that's no good. If so, I expect to see Aaron Kampman all over Griese today.Briggs, would be nice to see him play but Jamar Williams has done a fine job of replacing him. Vasher, no chance he plays. We need Tillman to play big time or else we're ******.

Hey 51, who is the backup you are talking about that we lost?
Kevin Payne is out for the year. Tillman is dressed though...so I expect that he'll play. I'm guessing that when we go nickel Danieal Manning will bump down to cornerback and Brandon McGowan will play FS. Either that or Trumaine McBride. Either way, the less Ricky Manning Jr actually plays at cornerback the better. He's built to be a 3rd corner.

Old 10-07-2007, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh.. we can run the ball?

....OH SNAP.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 08:21 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

TacticaLion hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Holy ****.

I thought the Bears would score... but I didn't think it would be Benson running the ball.

Jesus.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Kevin Payne is out for the year. Tillman is dressed though...so I expect that he'll play. I'm guessing that when we go nickel Danieal Manning will bump down to cornerback and Brandon McGowan will play FS. Either that or Trumaine McBride. Either way, the less Ricky Manning Jr actually plays at cornerback the better. He's built to be a 3rd corner.
****** a...

lucky to be only down 10. Offense has picked it up a bit... NO TURNOVERS! Defense is getting eaten alive with all the slants and short passes up the middle.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 09:58 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the special teams coverage is getting horrible.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote