Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-04-2008, 09:10 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For some reason I think the Calzaghe Roy Jones fight will live up to the billing.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 09:33 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
For some reason I think the Calzaghe Roy Jones fight will live up to the billing.
I can only remember one Roy Jones fight that didn't live up to the hype was the Tarver fight. Jones should have never lost to that f***ing chump. If Jones beats Calzaghe, it would be way bigger than Hopkins beating Pavlik IMO
Old 11-09-2008, 07:17 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damnit I hate Calzaghe.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 07:20 AM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Calzaghe is a true great but I think he's heading for retirement now. The only people he could fight would be rematches and he'd have a lot more to lose than to gain.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 05:28 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God I hope you guys saw Monte Barrett's ring entrance, epic!

Barrett's entrance, recorded off my TV so excuse the quality

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Last edited by UKfan : 11-16-2008 at 09:05 AM.
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 05:51 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good fight, worth a watch for you boxing fans, I won't spoil it for you guys.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 07:36 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lacy/Taylor...

oh how the mighty have fallen.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 07:53 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
Good fight, worth a watch for you boxing fans, I won't spoil it for you guys.
David Haye!!!!!!!!

^^^^^^^^^^

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-17-2008, 09:58 AM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Lacy/Taylor...

oh how the mighty have fallen.
Taylor still has a chance to have a great career. I pretty sure that Taylor is going to stay a 168 pounds. Which now he's one of the top two or three fighters in that divison. He has some good fight options right now, Mikkel Kessler (41-1), Lucian Bute (23-0) which are very winable fights for Taylor. He also has the option to fight Joe Calzaghe. The Calzaghe fight right now would be a huge mistake for Taylor IMO.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:12 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

Ricky "The Hittman" Hatton vs. Paulie Malignaggi are fighting tonight. Who do you guys think is going to win?

I'd say with Mayweather Sr. in Hattons corner he wins in a 9th round KO
Old 11-21-2008, 07:34 PM    (permalink
UK_Cheesehead
Veteran

UK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Hatton easy, Mayweather destroyed him but with Floyd snr in his corner Hatton will beat him.
UK_Cheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 07:36 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK_Cheesehead View Post
Hatton easy, Mayweather destroyed him but with Floyd snr in his corner Hatton will beat him.
Is Hatton super popular across the pond?
Old 11-21-2008, 07:39 PM    (permalink
UK_Cheesehead
Veteran

UK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Yeah most definately. Even Man Utd fans (he supports Man City - there big rivals) love Hatton.

Was gutted he lost in Vages, tons of fans over here went to see it and apparently even though he lost the atmosphere was amazing.

I'd loved to have gone to that fight just to have heard English fans singing "There's only one Ricky Hatton" when he came out. Would have been unforgetable.
Old 11-21-2008, 07:43 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yeah most definately. Even Man Utd fans (he supports Man City - there big rivals) love Hatton.

Was gutted he lost in Vages, tons of fans over here went to see it and apparently even though he lost the atmosphere was amazing.

I'd loved to have gone to that fight just to have heard English fans singing "There's only one Ricky Hatton" when he came out. Would have been unforgetable.
That's what I heard about the Mayweather fight. People said there as many Englishmen at that fight as Americans. I wanted to go so bad but the tickets are impossable to get a hold of and if you find some you can never afford them.
Old 11-21-2008, 07:46 PM    (permalink
UK_Cheesehead
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChezPower4 View Post
That's what I heard about the Mayweather fight. People said there as many Englishmen at that fight as Americans. I wanted to go so bad but the tickets are impossable to get a hold of and if you find some you can never afford them.
Yeah I was looking around and the prices were crazy, I'd love to go to a fight but not for that much lol!

What's happened to all the American boxers anyway? They used to own the sport and now I hardly hear of them (unless I'm being ignorant and not following it much)?
Old 11-21-2008, 08:00 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yeah I was looking around and the prices were crazy, I'd love to go to a fight but not for that much lol!

What's happened to all the American boxers anyway? They used to own the sport and now I hardly hear of them (unless I'm being ignorant and not following it much)?
Your some what right, most of your great fighters are past their prime and have slowed down quit a bit. The Europen fighters have been very impressive the last few years. The US does have a crop of some good young guys for starters Chad Dawson (Light Heavywieght) I think is the next super star in boxing along with Paul Williams. Jermain Taylor is on the come back as well. Not a whole lot to write home about.
Old 11-22-2008, 06:22 AM    (permalink
UK_Cheesehead
Veteran

Yeah the European guys have really stepped up over the past few years, not sure how long it will last though.

Just heard the 5 thousand fans at Hatton's weigh-in, was awesome. :D

That's the one thing I think us English/Brits are good at, we might suck at most sports, but whenever there's a big thing on, this fight, world cup, euro's etc. etc. we always travel well and sing our hearts out, probably in the hope that it will "spur" whoever they're supporting on.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:01 AM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yeah the European guys have really stepped up over the past few years, not sure how long it will last though.

Just heard the 5 thousand fans at Hatton's weigh-in, was awesome. :D

That's the one thing I think us English/Brits are good at, we might suck at most sports, but whenever there's a big thing on, this fight, world cup, euro's etc. etc. we always travel well and sing our hearts out, probably in the hope that it will "spur" whoever they're supporting on.
You got that right, in Hattons fights the Brits are singing the entire fight.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:47 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Such a boring fight night...It took Kirkland forever to finish off that bum and Hatton's fight was just boring. It was just Paulie ducking the entire time. Couldnt even turn it off to watch some football because, Oklahoma/Tech was just painful.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-23-2008, 08:17 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Such a boring fight night...It took Kirkland forever to finish off that bum and Hatton's fight was just boring. It was just Paulie ducking the entire time. Couldnt even turn it off to watch some football because, Oklahoma/Tech was just painful.
Agreed, But you've got to hand it to Vera though. He's one though son-of-*****! He took punishment fot 10 half rounds straight and was still going strong. Paulie kept clinching like a puss, the first round made me think the fight was going to be real good one but then not so much.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChezPower4 View Post
Agreed, But you've got to hand it to Vera though. He's one though son-of-*****! He took punishment fot 10 half rounds straight and was still going strong. Paulie kept clinching like a puss, the first round made me think the fight was going to be real good one but then not so much.
paulie is exempt from ever being called a ***** because of the whooping he took vs Cotto.
Old 11-24-2008, 02:14 AM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
paulie is exempt from ever being called a ***** because of the whooping he took vs Cotto.
Did you watch him fight Hatton?
Old 12-06-2008, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, thoughts on tonight's big match?

I'm rooting for Pacquiao tonight, but I have a feeling De La Hoya wins it. People really seem to be big on Oscar, given his size and reach advantage, other than Teddy Atlas on ESPN who tore into him instead and thinks Manny will win.
Old 12-06-2008, 05:31 PM    (permalink
UK_Cheesehead
Veteran

De La Hoya to win it inside 12 rounds. Price is also 11/4 for all those gamblers out there. ;)
Old 12-06-2008, 05:48 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pacquiao is a beast, but i hope De la Hoya destroys him with his power advantage, for beating up on all my favorite boxers. :(