Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-06-2008, 06:54 PM    (permalink
UK_Cheesehead
Veteran

UK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

To be honest, I don't mind the De La Hoya - Pacquiao fight so much aslong as Amir Kahn gets knocked the **** out.
UK_Cheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 07:11 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK_Cheesehead View Post
To be honest, I don't mind the De La Hoya - Pacquiao fight so much aslong as Amir Kahn gets knocked the **** out.
Pacquiao FTW!
Old 12-06-2008, 09:03 PM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't been on here in a while but I'm gettin done wit finals next week so I'll probably be on here every day for a while. Anyways, here are my thoughts on the last few weeks of boxing:

1) Chad Dawson is a beast. He's the only person right now that has a shot at beating Calzaghe at 168-175. His win over Dawson was beautiful. He's got a lil bit less natural athleticism than Roy Jones, but he is so much more fundamentally sound. I think he will be the next big thing in boxing.

2) Paul Williams is the future. Him and Dawson will one day be atop the p4p rankings. He will fight anybody and everybody (especially at 147) wants nothing to do with him. Yes, that even includes my boy Floyd. Margarito ducked him for a fight against an old Shane Mosley...and for 2 million less than he would've made against Williams. Cotto wants no part of him....De la Hoya looks like he's bout to **** himself whenever Williams' name is mentioned...I don't even think Pavlik can keep up with him.

3) Retire Roy

4) Jermain Taylor still sucks. When two fighters that suck fight, somebody has to win. This was the case in Taylor/Lacy. Jermain can collect a few more checks but he'll never have another significant win in his career.

5) I'm excited for De la Hoya/Pacquiao. Not only do I think it'll be a good scrap, I also like any fight where I get calls from my friends asking about it. I'm saying this b/c none of them are boxing fans and I've already gotten like 5 calls asking if I'm ordering the fight.

6) Chris Arreola...not a fan.

7) Hatton looked better agains Malignaggi. It wasn't a boring fight, in my opinion. I enjoyed it. Hatton vs. Pacquiao would be fun at 140 for however it lasted.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:22 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with alot of the things that you said but I don't see how you can say that Taylor is a bad fighter. If I remember correctly he's the only guy to be Hopkins twice. Althought it doesn't make sense that Taylor got his ass beat twice by Pavlik and then Hopkins dominates Pavlik.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:44 PM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He got a gift decision in the first fight and everybody knows that Hopkins was weight drained at 160. That's why he has such a good run when he moved up to 175. The only time I really thought Jermain looked good was in the beginning of the first Pavlik fight. If Jermain and B-Hop fought right now B-Hop would own his soul.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:54 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarSean View Post
He got a gift decision in the first fight and everybody knows that Hopkins was weight drained at 160. That's why he has such a good run when he moved up to 175. The only time I really thought Jermain looked good was in the beginning of the first Pavlik fight. If Jermain and B-Hop fought right now B-Hop would own his soul.
I think it would be a good fight, if Hopkins fights like he did agaist Pavlik i think he'd win. If Hopkins fights like did against Calzaghe he loses again to Taylor.
Old 12-06-2008, 11:47 PM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

Wow. Manny's a beast. He can fight at any weight. Bring on Vlad.
Old 12-06-2008, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

De La Hoya just got ****** up.
Old 12-07-2008, 12:04 AM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

So there's no confusion, my last post wasn't sarcasm at all. Of course manny can't go up to heavyweight but I do think that he could be very, very good against almost any welterweight. People like Rob and a few others know that I'm a huge Mayweather fan but I think he'd have to fight the fight of his life to beat Manny. Granted, he always comes wit a gameplan and he's def head and shoulders better than Oscar, I think he and Manny would be the fight I always dreamed of. I think think Manny would own Margarito, destroy Shane and probably beat Floyd. I don't think he could touch Williams. And due to styles, I think I'd like Cotto against Manny better than any of em (minus Williams).

And yes i'm drunk.
Old 12-07-2008, 12:09 AM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

would love to see mayweather-pacquiao

top 2 pound 4 pound fighters

get a decent undercard, or since it's boxing, a semi-decent one

would sell pretty good

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 12:27 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didnt see it, how did manny win?

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 12:29 AM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

he won by ownage son
Old 12-07-2008, 12:30 AM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

he looked like in that old sportscenter commercial when stuart scott was playin them young niggas in basketball son

Last edited by SugarSean : 12-07-2008 at 12:32 AM.
SugarSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 12:32 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh my gosh absolutely worth the purchase just to see Del La Hoya get wrecked. One of the most lopsided fights you will ever see. The card was underwhelming but Pacquiao is an absolute beast to watch. He absolutely demolished Del La Hoya who came out to get owned. He lost power, he was stationary and became a punching bag. Did you see what was that the 5th round I think. Pacquiao landed 50 punches to 5 from Del La Hoya, absolutely natsy. Pacquiao's left is nasty. He owned every single round and I mean owned Owned like Shaun Alexander going to a hole which Ray Lewis is standing in.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 01:56 AM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarSean View Post
So there's no confusion, my last post wasn't sarcasm at all. Of course manny can't go up to heavyweight but I do think that he could be very, very good against almost any welterweight. People like Rob and a few others know that I'm a huge Mayweather fan but I think he'd have to fight the fight of his life to beat Manny. Granted, he always comes wit a gameplan and he's def head and shoulders better than Oscar, I think he and Manny would be the fight I always dreamed of. I think think Manny would own Margarito, destroy Shane and probably beat Floyd. I don't think he could touch Williams. And due to styles, I think I'd like Cotto against Manny better than any of em (minus Williams).

And yes i'm drunk.
I was just thinking the same thing Cotto vs. Pacquiao would be an amzing fight both guys are in the prime of their careers and they are the two 147 pounders. Rumor has it that Hatton is going to get the winner of tonights fight which is Manny. I'd much rather see him fight Cotto, if Manny fights Hatton, Hatton is a dead man walking.

Manny would not beat Mayweather!
Old 12-07-2008, 12:33 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChezPower4 View Post
I was just thinking the same thing Cotto vs. Pacquiao would be an amzing fight both guys are in the prime of their careers and they are the two 147 pounders. Rumor has it that Hatton is going to get the winner of tonights fight which is Manny. I'd much rather see him fight Cotto, if Manny fights Hatton, Hatton is a dead man walking.

Manny would not beat Mayweather!
Antonio Margarito would like a word with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Oh my gosh absolutely worth the purchase just to see Del La Hoya get wrecked. One of the most lopsided fights you will ever see. The card was underwhelming but Pacquiao is an absolute beast to watch. He absolutely demolished Del La Hoya who came out to get owned. He lost power, he was stationary and became a punching bag. Did you see what was that the 5th round I think. Pacquiao landed 50 punches to 5 from Del La Hoya, absolutely natsy. Pacquiao's left is nasty. He owned every single round and I mean owned Owned like Shaun Alexander going to a hole which Ray Lewis is standing in.
You're right, this fight was as one-sided as a fight can get. When they came out, i expected DLH to feel him out a little bit, and that's why i wasn't surprised that he was extremely passive in the first two rounds, but after every single round, going out there and being Pac's sparring partner, you knew it was too much. Right off the bat, he just looked WAY too fast for DLH.

What i don't understand is why Oscar would come in weighing less than Pacquiao. Pac is the one that had to move up in weight class, there was no chance in hell that DLH was gonna ever be as fast or quick as him, so he should have used his height and weight/power advantage, yet he gave that up to try and be quicker.

I know he was taking a beating out there, but i was very disappointed that the towel got thrown. I know he did it for his safety, but i kept telling myself that Oscar would come out and have a strong round, but it never happened.
Old 12-07-2008, 12:47 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just think his head and his body physically are not in boxing anymore. He was just overwhelmed, he was gassed despite being passive the entire match, every time he would throw a combo he would be gassed and retreat back. I think he definitely could have gone another round or two, but I think we would just see more of the same. I don't think he wanted to suffer even more embarrassment by being KOed by Pac. The weight loss just didn't look good for DLH. He looked weak and frail and even slow, while Pac actually looked great with the added weight. You couldn't even tell the difference in his game. I'm happy though he fought a smart fight and didn't lose it the few times DLH landed a punch and let down his guard.

The guy is flat out my hero. I saw his story on ESPN 360 yesterday, it's crazy. He came from nothing and now he's like funding a big portion of his country. He still lives in his area which the US department says is a hot spot for terrorist activity and he lives in a house with like hundreds of body guards and like thousands of heavy machinery. The guy is a flat out warrior. The only time he struggled last night was when he was interviewed.

Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP : 12-07-2008 at 12:51 PM.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:22 PM    (permalink
UK_Cheesehead
Veteran

UK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Rumor has it that Hatton is going to get the winner of tonights fight which is Manny. I'd much rather see him fight Cotto, if Manny fights Hatton, Hatton is a dead man walking.
Yeah I heard Hatton wants whoever won last night, but seeing Manny last night, wow, Hatton would get crippled.

I hope it's at Wembley though, I'd so love to go to that, just to see Hatton fight live for the atmosphere.
UK_Cheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 06:04 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Antonio Margarito would like a word with you.

Even though Margarito won that fight was just a bad night for Cotto. Cotto will beat Margarito in their rematch this summer. Also do you really believe that Margarito is the best 147 pounder.
Old 12-19-2008, 05:15 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hatton-pacquiao may 2nd; finishing the details

hope pacquiao wins, so we see pacquiao/mayweather in dec/jan; that fight would be huge

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=3782345

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Even though Margarito won that fight was just a bad night for Cotto. Cotto will beat Margarito in their rematch this summer. Also do you really believe that Margarito is the best 147 pounder.
I am a bigger cotto supporter than anyone, but u cant say that as fact......he got absolutely dismantled.....yes he picked him apart early, but why are you so sure Cotto can take the pressure now when he got overrun like a tidal wave? We'll see, but Margo certainly has to be the favorite.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:17 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilk103 View Post
hatton-pacquiao may 2nd; finishing the details

hope pacquiao wins, so we see pacquiao/mayweather in dec/jan; that fight would be huge

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=3782345
I think and Hope Pacman smashes Hatton's face in.

Old 12-20-2008, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this should be fun to watch.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...32_digs20.html

Quote:
Holyfield weighed in Friday at 214 pounds, while the 7-foot Valuev weighed 311. Valuev is 35

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 01:16 AM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
It will be a good fight IMO. I have to give the edge to pac-man in this one but Hatton is a heavy puncher. Can't wait to see it. I fully expect that the winner will fight Mayweather Jr.
Old 12-21-2008, 11:59 AM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
I didn't watch the fight but i heard Holyfield got robbed.
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote