Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-09-2009, 02:21 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
My money would be on Floyd should the fight do down. Manny has been KO'd twice in the past by lesser punchers than PBF.
Ok he was KO'ed in some fight in Thailand 10 years ago when he was starting off, sure I guess that could say something about his chin, but also at that time he fought like an idiot.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 02:26 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Ok he was KO'ed in some fight in Thailand 10 years ago when he was starting off, sure I guess that could say something about his chin, but also at that time he fought like an idiot.
I'm not saying that he is chinny, he's not exactly Amir Khan in there, just saying that it could happen, back in those days he fought at what, 106, 113? PBF will be weighing in at 147 and Pac will be in there with a guy who is so accurate it's unreal. In no way was I saying that Pac is just gonna get knocked spark out by the bigger man, just saying it's a possibility that over time as PBF lands clean shots they could have a cumulative effect and end up putting Pac down for the count.

Realistically he has had 2 fights at that weight, one against ODLH when Oscar was on his last legs, and one against Hatton which didn't go long enough that Ricky could really test his punch endurance at the weight, I just wanna see him take a clean shot from a natural guy at the weight.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 02:28 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not saying that he is chinny, he's not exactly Amir Khan in there, just saying that it could happen, back in those days he fought at what, 106, 113? PBF will be weighing in at 147 and Pac will be in there with a guy who is so accurate it's unreal. In no way was I saying that Pac is just gonna get knocked spark out by the bigger man, just saying it's a possibility that over time as PBF lands clean shots they could have a cumulative effect and end up putting Pac down for the count.

Realistically he has had 2 fights at that weight, one against ODLH when Oscar was on his last legs, and one against Hatton which didn't go long enough that Ricky could really test his punch endurance at the weight, I just wanna see him take a clean shot from a natural guy at the weight.
I could see that happening, but man if Floyd loses to Marquez the boxing world will take a huge hit.

Old 05-09-2009, 02:30 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unfortunately it would, but JMM vs Pac for a hardcore boxing fan would be great as well, man the last 2 were great fights, and there really hasn't been a clear cut winner in them, I'd love to definitively be able to say who the better man is, JMM is underrated.

Old 05-09-2009, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cotto is probably the next fight for Pac Man barring a loss to Clottey anyway. At least, Arum is saying it is pretty much done......could be a ploy, but Arum really, really, really hates Floyd so it wouldnt shock me at all.
Old 05-09-2009, 02:56 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

So who fights the winner of the PBF fight should Pac fight Cotto you think? PBF just waits, little tune up fight, or someone else? Mosley? Margarito?

Old 05-09-2009, 02:59 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Anyone giving Tarver a fighting chance???

Old 05-09-2009, 03:02 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Who's Tarver fighting? Tbh I haven't kept up on boxing that well.

Old 05-09-2009, 03:05 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Who's Tarver fighting? Tbh I haven't kept up on boxing that well.
Re-match with Chad Dawson tonight. You'd have to expect more of the same with maybe Tarver even being a step slower.

Old 05-09-2009, 03:13 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Ah ok, I'll take Dawson then

Old 05-09-2009, 03:15 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

I see Tarver retiring for good when he loses.

Old 05-09-2009, 03:37 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just for the sake of being different I will take tarver tonight
Old 05-09-2009, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So who fights the winner of the PBF fight should Pac fight Cotto you think? PBF just waits, little tune up fight, or someone else? Mosley? Margarito?
No way he does a Margarito fight. I could see him fighting Shane. He seems like the only real option outside of Manny or Cotto.
Old 05-09-2009, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I am a big fan of Dawson's game.......he should win tonight and end Tarver. But, perhaps "The Magic Man" has one magic trick left up his sleeve.........oh I kill myself :)
Old 05-10-2009, 07:56 PM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I am a big fan of Dawson's game.......he should win tonight and end Tarver. But, perhaps "The Magic Man" has one magic trick left up his sleeve.........oh I kill myself :)
Missed the fight b/c of my brother's mma fight. How'd Dawson look?
Old 05-10-2009, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarSean View Post
Missed the fight b/c of my brother's mma fight. How'd Dawson look?
Not great, good enough to win the fight though.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

pretty much the same as the first fight. Tarver came to fight tho, I thought he would look terrible tbh. I still like Chad tho. I just dont think he is an elite guy, but he is still pretty damn good and if he finds a way to stop fading in fight he can be elite. I think he might, and I stress might be able to give B Hop some trouble because he is young and athletic.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:17 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

pacquiao-mosley oct 17

freddie roach said they werent gonna wait for floyd

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:21 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilk103 View Post
pacquiao-mosley oct 17

I hope Mosley can make the fight somewhat competitive. Although I think Suger is going to get blasted in this fight. If all goes according to plan Pacquiao-Mayweather next (Dream fight!!)
Old 06-04-2009, 07:50 AM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilk103 View Post
pacquiao-mosley oct 17

That report is false

http://www.doghouseboxing.com/Benz/J_Benz060409.htm
Old 06-06-2009, 11:33 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really wish I was more into boxing. I love watching it but freaking Pay Per View really limits my ability to watch quality fights. Though if Pac ever fights Mayweather, I'll have to shell out some money for that one.

Anyway, here's a sick Thomas Hearns video. I love how he fights. Just goes after people and he's got one of the best right hands ever.

Old 06-06-2009, 11:37 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm beyond disappointed that David Haye had to pull out of that Klitschko fight.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 12:28 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Floyd would probably beat Pacquiao too even though I love Manny. Floyd is just disgustingly good.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 05:08 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I'm beyond disappointed that David Haye had to pull out of that Klitschko fight.
You and me both.

Old 06-07-2009, 11:57 AM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
It's unfortunate but I read that Haye and Klitschko are still going to fight in the future.

I'm really looking froward to the Cotto vs. Clottey fight. Cotto recently lost to Magarito. Josh Clottey fought Magarito in 2006. Clottey broke his right hand in I believe the 4th round. Even with one hand the fight was close and I fell that if Clottey had not broken his hand he would have won the fight.

Last edited by ChezPower4 : 06-07-2009 at 12:03 PM.
ChezPower4 is offline   Reply With Quote