Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-14-2009, 05:04 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=4258073

mayweather injures rib cartilage training, fight postponned

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 10:18 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For some reason, Boxing is something that I've wanted to get into but never have. I watched most of the Cotto/Clottey fight though. Thought Clottey should've won, but it was close.

Where would one go to expand his boxing knowledge?

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
For some reason, Boxing is something that I've wanted to get into but never have. I watched most of the Cotto/Clottey fight though. Thought Clottey should've won, but it was close.

I would check out boxingscene.com. It is the most up to date news resource out there. Other than that just read top 10 rankings by division at like ESPN or something and it will get you familiar with a lot of fighter's names.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:53 AM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is anyone as excited as I am for Tavoris Cloud vs. Clinton Woods fight?
Old 06-15-2009, 03:37 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a bummer, i was really looking forward to seeing the Marquez fight. I hope the re-scheduling is made for some time soon.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:56 PM    (permalink
lightsout
Rookie

lightsout hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post

i would suggest getting on youtube and look for some fights and fighter highlight videos.

some of my favorite fighters:

roberto duran:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohS570Pz6nc

roy jones:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92ByGDwgZsk

marvin hagler:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZHIo5ylQA8

meldrick taylor:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=porsK2f9emo

aaron pryor:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au-UVkCcMDg

erik morales:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfCiwdeqt_g

james toney:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNXWYM-L2LA

terry norris:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHqX9ybj8go

pernell whitaker:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjTHLPmfBCQ

corrales/castillo (maybe the greatest fight of all time)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l22a0fJ38M4

great KO video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnFh_N5zATo

if you like documentaries look up "hbo legendary nights". those were great shows:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFQ2oJ3asaM
lightsout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:07 PM    (permalink
lightsout
Rookie

lightsout hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

boxrec.com is a great resource site.
lightsout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:37 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like Pacquiao and Cotto are going to fight! I can't wait. I like both guys but I have to pull for my country, so I hope Cotto wins.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=426...goryid=2491554
Old 06-17-2009, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, the fight is gonna happen. Only way it doesnt is if Floyd bypasses Marquez for Pac, which I wouldnt rule out.

I will be pulling for Cotto as well, but I think he is gonna get ripped apart if its not at 147. If its at 47, I give him a chance. If the is catchweight 145, I will give him a slight chance and if it is lower than that, he is getting stopped early.

What I do think IS *** tho is the fact that Cotto's Welterweight Title is going to be on the line even if there is a catchweight. That is lame and bad for boxing imo. If you want someone's title you need to fight them in their weight class, sorry that should be required for every title fight.
Old 06-20-2009, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ruslan Chagaev was absolutely helpless out there. He couldn't get inside, he ate jabs and straight rights over and over, and he probably only had two decent punches the whole fight. He didn't really make much of an effort to get inside either. I don't know how he expected to win the fight on the outside against Wlad. Does he really not know to step away from Klitschko's right either? I mean even when I'm just messing around boxing with my friends I know to do that...It's one of the most basic concepts there is.

It was interesting to see the doctors stop the fight when his cut really wasn't bleeding that bad, but he had absolutely no chance of winning anyways.
Old 06-20-2009, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
Ruslan Chagaev was absolutely helpless out there. He couldn't get inside, he ate jabs and straight rights over and over, and he probably only had two decent punches the whole fight. He didn't really make much of an effort to get inside either. I don't know how he expected to win the fight on the outside against Wlad. Does he really not know to step away from Klitschko's right either? I mean even when I'm just messing around boxing with my friends I know to do that...It's one of the most basic concepts there is.

It was interesting to see the doctors stop the fight when his cut really wasn't bleeding that bad, but he had absolutely no chance of winning anyways.
I think his corner stopped it. But, regardless, it was a good stoppage. When a guy is landing nothing and is continually eating huge shots AND has cut, it should be stopped. I hate when doctors and corners sent their fighters out there to keep getting pelted. Thats what leads to brain damage and in extreme cases deaths. I would like to see more fights like this one stopped tbh.
Old 06-20-2009, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I think his corner stopped it. But, regardless, it was a good stoppage. When a guy is landing nothing and is continually eating huge shots AND has cut, it should be stopped. I hate when doctors and corners sent their fighters out there to keep getting pelted. Thats what leads to brain damage and in extreme cases deaths. I would like to see more fights like this one stopped tbh.
I definitely think his corner should have stopped it, but I don't think that the damage he had taken was enough for the doctors to stop the fight. If his corner did stop it, good for them.
Old 06-20-2009, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was an ugly fight for the guy who was supposed to be one of the best boxers in the world. Like everyone else said, he just looked like a moving punching bag, taking a ton of jabs. He never really did anything to get inside, and I can't think of a single really solid punch he got in. That was a dominating win by Wlad.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:09 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mayweather-Marquez back on!!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=4289919

Hope the 24/7's start back up soon
Old 06-29-2009, 12:41 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChezPower4 View Post
Mayweather-Marquez back on!!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=4289919

Hope the 24/7's start back up soon
I really love that show. They used some Black Keys for the backround music in a scene in Pacquiao-Hatton. killer.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I guess it is going to be 2 24/7's back to back then, huh? I know Cotto-Pac will be one for sure and I assume they wouldnt drop it for PBF-Marquez. Nice. For all the disappointments lately, the year is setting up for a nice finish.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

BTW, Victor Ortiz is a pussay
Old 06-29-2009, 07:09 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

Quote:
BTW, Victor Ortiz is a pussay
I second that, he's all hype.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
I second that, he's all hype.
he is really damn good. Has all the talent in the world to be a superstar. He proved he didnt have the heart tho. This was his Ricardo Torres moment (remember Cotto's fight with Ricardo Torres?). Cotto passed his test, Ortiz failed miserably. And his post fight interview was pretty terrible. I understand not wanting to be hurt long term and what not, and a fighters safety should always be paramount. However, if you are young guy with superstar potential and are in a fight you can still win, you go out on your shield if you go out at all.

** Oh, and the last part applies specifically if you are trying to capture the hearts of the MEXICAN fan base. Morales, Barrera, Margo(even tho he is a prick), Arce....etc......Al those guys go down fighting and Mexicans demand that from their superstars. Ortiz=FAIL.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:39 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

Quote:
he is really damn good. Has all the talent in the world to be a superstar. He proved he didnt have the heart tho. Ortiz=FAIL.
I stopped reading after here, because there is no way in hell you can be a top boxer if you have no heart. I know he can fight and that's what has gotten him so far. When he goes up against the best in the world, he's got to be able to handle adversity. Top opponents are not ever going to lay down for anyone. He's a good young fighter but I don't think that he's the next superstar in boxing at all.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
I stopped reading after here, because there is no way in hell you can be a top boxer if you have no heart. I know he can fight and that's what has gotten him so far. When he goes up against the best in the world, he's got to be able to handle adversity. Top opponents are not ever going to lay down for anyone. He's a good young fighter but I don't think that he's the next superstar in boxing at all.
Me either.......sucks tho because he has gobs of talent and people love him like they loved DLH coming up. Boxing needs guys like him. Sucks he bailed when it got rough.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Did anyone see Deonte Wilder's 1st round KO the other night? I liked him a lot and thought he got robbed in the Olympics. I think he really does have the skills to be a title contender here in the future.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
Did anyone see Deonte Wilder's 1st round KO the other night? I liked him a lot and thought he got robbed in the Olympics. I think he really does have the skills to be a title contender here in the future.
He has skills.........he is insanely raw tho. I am pretty sure he has almost no amateur pedigree (outside of the Olympics). His opposition is utter crap right now, but its alright as he is a bigtime project and just needs rounds at this point. I wouldnt look for him to start making real noise for a few years tho if he does at all.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Quote:
He has skills.........he is insanely raw tho. I am pretty sure he has almost no amateur pedigree (outside of the Olympics). His opposition is utter crap right now, but its alright as he is a bigtime project and just needs rounds at this point. I wouldnt look for him to start making real noise for a few years tho if he does at all.
I agree that he isn't going to be challenging the Klitchkos soon or anything but in a few years I see him being ready to take on whoever is at the top of the division. Now that Cloud is finally getting a big fight Wilder can replace him as my not so well known prospect to root for.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:06 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Yeah its sweet to have an under the radar guy to root for. I had been a fan of Juanma from basically the beginning and I have loved Devon Alexander for quite a while.