Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-02-2010, 01:47 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

floyd baby yeeeeeeaaaaaaaaah
Old 05-02-2010, 03:53 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not surprised by the domination Floyd laid on Shane, but i am surprised that it looked like he was the aggressor for most of the fight. About mid-way through the second round, it really did look like Mosley lost some juice in his jab, kinda sluggish compared to the way he started the fight. There's just no way that he was gonna keep that pace up for an entire 12 rounds against Money May. I really hope they get this fight with Pac going, cause they both always look incredibly faster than their opponents.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:40 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah no one is gonna challenge these two(PacMan and Money) outside of eachother. It needs to happen because no one else is one their level right now.

I'm excited to see how Saul Alvarez's career pans out. He's a very well rounded fighter and fought like a person beyond his years. With a couple more challenging fights under his belt, he only gets better.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 12:26 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Alvarez laid a whooping on Cotto. Gotta love those Mexican fighters :D
Old 05-02-2010, 12:35 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Yeah, Alvarez laid a whooping on Cotto. Gotta love those Mexican fighters :D
Yeah they were talking about how there is a vacancy for the top mexican fighter right now and it will really up for grabs between Alvarez and Montiel in the near future.

Again, excited for the kid. He's a mexican ginger(which is weirdly awesome lol)

Old 05-02-2010, 01:14 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Pac and Floyd are going to get a deal done and it will force one of them to fight Paul Williams after he beats Cintron.
Old 05-02-2010, 01:30 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Again, excited for the kid. He's a mexican ginger(which is weirdly awesome lol)
LMAO, yeah, there's a ton of those in Mexico. People usually associate Mexicans with black hair and dark skin, but there's a ton that have strong European blood, and are white skinned with light eyes and hair. Then you get the occasional science experiment gone horribly wrong and you come out with an Alvarez, a mexi-ginger.
Old 05-02-2010, 03:27 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well, negotiations for pac-floyd are gonna be more complicated

floyd agreed to 50/50, but if this fight did at least 1.5 mil buys (some speculated could be as high as 2 mil); no way will he take anything less than 60/40

no to mention the whole blood testing (which i agree with floyd about)

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 04:29 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

I hear that testing cost about 20,000 buckerooz to do.

Old 05-12-2010, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I won't believe it untill I see it, but it looks like Pac-Mayweather for November 13th from what I saw on ESPN.com.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:58 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It has to happen now. There is no one left for either of them to fight. With Mosley vanquished, there are 2 boxers standing alone at the top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 10:57 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Foreman wins in a TKO in the 8th!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Cotto wins in a TKO in the 8th!
Fixed it for you. Foreman doesn't have KO power but Cotto does!
I'm pumped for the fight. Why's it so late though?

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Cotto, so I am pulling for him big time. I just dont know if he's gonna have anything left. Gun to my head, I say Cotto still has enough to end it with a late stoppage. I could easily see Yuri just outboxing him tho.
Old 06-05-2010, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great fight! Cotto dominated through out.
Foreman kept slipping though- wet canvas though
That didn't help but Cotto was still dominating.

I said Cotto in 8- Cotto in 9 though. Sweet!
Cotto's back! Paq's not human!

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 12:53 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the dude in the fight before was very nice. i cant even spell his name.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:49 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Pacquiao's camp has given Floyd until midnight to decide or they are moving on to someone else for the November. Ugh this sucks, again it isn't happening. Floyd used the whole testing front to make it seem like Manny didn't want to fight, but he's too obviously ducking at this point. He's obviously scared as hell to fight. A may fight with Pac is still a possibility but I'm even starting to doubt they will ever fight. The earliest they would fight is may because Floyd wants to probably wait as long as possible hoping Pac would drop his November fight. The sad thing is that the reason Floyd probably doesn't even care about fighting Pac is because he got that big Sugar Shane pay day. It's sad when you know a boxer as talented as Floyd is only in it for the money. Pacman is already an elected official in his country now, yet he still is planning 2 fights in the next 10 months. If Floyd and Pac never fight I think it should tarnish Floyd's legacy. I still would favor Floyd slightly in a matchup with Pac but it sucks that we probably won't ever see that happen. Apparently if Floyd ducks out Pac will fight Margarito in November, and if he wins that a re-match with Cotto in May. The options for Pac are almost non existent at this point, it would suck to see him retire before having a true true super fight for the ages.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 02:08 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea they have a countdown going on Top Rank's website for Mayweathers decision. Hopefully it gets done but I'm not expecting it to either.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
So Pacquiao's camp has given Floyd until midnight to decide or they are moving on to someone else for the November. Ugh this sucks, again it isn't happening. Floyd used the whole testing front to make it seem like Manny didn't want to fight, but he's too obviously ducking at this point. He's obviously scared as hell to fight. A may fight with Pac is still a possibility but I'm even starting to doubt they will ever fight. The earliest they would fight is may because Floyd wants to probably wait as long as possible hoping Pac would drop his November fight. The sad thing is that the reason Floyd probably doesn't even care about fighting Pac is because he got that big Sugar Shane pay day. It's sad when you know a boxer as talented as Floyd is only in it for the money. Pacman is already an elected official in his country now, yet he still is planning 2 fights in the next 10 months. If Floyd and Pac never fight I think it should tarnish Floyd's legacy. I still would favor Floyd slightly in a matchup with Pac but it sucks that we probably won't ever see that happen. Apparently if Floyd ducks out Pac will fight Margarito in November, and if he wins that a re-match with Cotto in May. The options for Pac are almost non existent at this point, it would suck to see him retire before having a true true super fight for the ages.
Pac is in it for the money too, pull the wool from over your eyes. Floyd is just open about his money chasing ways. Pac said this week that he will take the fight (Cotto or Marg) that makes the most financial sense now that Mayweather didn't sign. No true boxing fans want to see either fight. IF he actually boxed for a love of the sport or whatever, he would fight Tim Bradley, or Paul Williams, or Andre Berto......these def. qualify as options, and better ones than Marg or Cotto from a sporting standpoint. All of those are FAR more interesting than a Cotto or Marg fight. I'm not excusing Floyd, its a shame this fight wont come off and Floyd is mainly to blame. To say Pac isnt in boxing for the money is just wrong. Also, I will add that Roger's situation is a pretty legit excuse. If Freddie Roach wasn't going to be able to be in Pac's corner for the fight nobody would blame him for not taking it.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:28 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well the silence from Floyd's camp is the most annoying. BTW I'd kill to see Pac go against Paul Williams but that will never happen. Manny will never do that fight. Paul's got to be what a good 7 or 8 inches taller disregarding the whole natural weight issue.

Old 07-17-2010, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Well the silence from Floyd's camp is the most annoying. BTW I'd kill to see Pac go against Paul Williams but that will never happen. Manny will never do that fight. Paul's got to be what a good 7 or 8 inches taller disregarding the whole natural weight issue.

Yeah, the silence is annoying. The main issue is Roger's situation tho. I understand that.

I would love to see so many fights that will never happen with Pac: Williams, Berto, Bradley, Devon Alexander, Amir Khan, Sergio Martinez at 154, even Maidana or Angullo would be interesting while they lasted.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:50 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gah. I just want to see Haye face a Klitschko brother, not freaking Audley Harrison.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 07:50 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Pac only has probably like 4 fights max left and 2 of them most likely will be Margarito and Cotto.

Old 07-17-2010, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Gah. I just want to see Haye face a Klitschko brother, not freaking Audley Harrison.
David Haye is a giant "cat". I hate nothing more than a guy who talks a big game and then fights ******* Audley Harrision. I understand being a jerk to sell a fight, that fine, but you gotta take the fight lol.

Last edited by Rob S : 07-17-2010 at 08:53 PM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 10:12 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't think of Mayweather the same way after listening to this.