Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-06-2008, 09:11 AM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Torres/Holt II was quick as hell. Good scrap for only a minute.
Old 07-12-2008, 03:59 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nothing like a live 4:30 PM match for the Heavyweight championship of the world. The ultimate underdog, Tony Thompson, taking on Wladimir Klitschko. Klitschko should take this one easily but, the potential is their for this one to get interesting. Go Tony! :)

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 04:22 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They're both cut early on...Klitz is gushing.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-12-2008, 05:01 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Klitschko knocked him out in the 11th. I had him winning 8 of the first 10 anyway. First 5 rounds or so this was a great fight but, Tony soon ran out of gas and went into survival mode. It got rough late and Klitschko was throwing him around the ring...nice to see him in this type of fight. He took care of business once again.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-13-2008, 10:10 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WAR David Haye, god I hope he gets a fight with Klitschko, he might not win as he is a small HW, but at least he would shake up that stale division.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 10:11 AM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Klitschko was alright. I dont like his style but he KO's 90% so u cant complain...plus all his losses came by KO so he's probably the boxer that has the greatest change of anything happening in one of his fights. It can be a snoozer, early KO, late KO, early KO loss or late KO loss. You never really know what the result is gonna be in a Vlad fight, but u know it's gonna be somewhat boring.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:16 AM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
WAR David Haye, god I hope he gets a fight with Klitschko, he might not win as he is a small HW, but at least he would shake up that stale division.

Haye will breath life into the division but he's not perfect either. I like him, but everyone knows his jaw is made out of REALLY thin glass.

And I like that (not sure of the correct internet term) but I'm talkin bout the moving pic of Wand hittin Rampage with that bomb. I've probably spend 5 hours of my life watching and re-watching the Wand/Rampage fights in Pride. Wandy was a ****** beast back then. He was my favorite fighter (boxing and MMA) for a good year and a half right after Roy got KOed by Tarver and then Glencoe in consecutive fights. Now I cant stand him b/c he didnt evolve with the sport, so now he's a shell of his former self. Hopefully bein with XC helps him get back in his groove. It sure worked against Jardine.

Last edited by SugarSean : 07-13-2008 at 10:19 AM.
SugarSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wandy is the man, love him. COTTO fight soon baby!!!!!!!!!! Biggest fight of my boy's career. I am so pumped.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarSean View Post
Klitschko was alright. I dont like his style but he KO's 90% so u cant complain...plus all his losses came by KO so he's probably the boxer that has the greatest change of anything happening in one of his fights. It can be a snoozer, early KO, late KO, early KO loss or late KO loss. You never really know what the result is gonna be in a Vlad fight, but u know it's gonna be somewhat boring.
he's gotta fight someone legit soon. I wanna see Sam Peter again or Chagaev or Haye.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:55 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
did u see his comments on Klitchko? He doesnt lack confidence at least.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:56 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Haye will breath life into the division but he's not perfect either. I like him, but everyone knows his jaw is made out of REALLY thin glass.
Yeah I'm not saying Haye will even win a belt (although he should win at least 1), just saying he's exciting in the ring, and he has a personality, hopefully breathe some life into a very stale division.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I want to keep this alive this time haha....bump it for Cotto-Marg discussion.....best fight of the year, shame the UC sucks tho.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:24 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I'll try my best to keep it up also...it just sucks that we only have like 4 guys posting in here. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-15-2008, 09:55 AM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think Cotto will beat Margarito, should be a good fight
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:03 AM    (permalink
Leveraged Buyout

Quote:
Klitch just throws that lazy jab all fight and occasionally tries to hammer guys with his right. Boring as can be.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:51 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alexander Povetkin is another exciting young HW with great power.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Alexander Povetkin is another exciting young HW with great power.
He's got the next crack at Wlad too...I like Povetkin, but can see him pulling the upset there, dont see him being fast enough to get inside and use his power.

As for the Cotto fight, I am biased and I know it. I do pick Cotto to win tho. I think the combination of his footwork and jab will be key to his victory in this fight. I will post a big analysis later, but I see those as being the key. Margarito's best shot imo is to use his uppercut, which he has been doing more often. I love Cotto, and his defense is actually borderline elite now imo, but one punch he is ALWAYS open for is the UC. I think Cotto's chin is fine, but a solid uppercut from a guy like Marg will hurt anyone.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Oh, another question to maybe spark some debate. Who do u see going forward in the Cotto fight? I know my answer, but I want to see what everyone else thinks.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:30 PM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

Margarito will be the one coming forward, but Cotto should win easily. Margarito is not that good and he will fight foolishly (just with his heart) while Cotto will fight with his heart and his brain. Just like in the Paul Williams fight, Margarito will lose and then all his fans will make excuses as to why he lost. Then everyone will say Cotto fears Margarito and is scared of a rematch. Bob Arum has everybody brainwashed with Margarito for some reason. He's tough, but tough doesn't mean good. He wouldn't be an easy fight for anybody but that doesn't mean that actually BEAT anybody of note. Cotto is the better fighter and it'll show on the 26th. Hopefully after that we never have to hear about AM again.

And Rob I give Cotto lots of credit now. Lots more than I used to, but I dont feel like I was wrong back then. He's improved his game tremendously and its undeniable now that he's a stud. I still wouldn't necessarily say that his defense is elite or even borderline elite. I'd say it's good and much better than it used to be. I actually think it's his chin that doesn't get enough credit now. I'm officially a Cotto fan now.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Margarito will be the one coming forward, but Cotto should win easily. Margarito is not that good and he will fight foolishly (just with his heart) while Cotto will fight with his heart and his brain. Just like in the Paul Williams fight, Margarito will lose and then all his fans will make excuses as to why he lost. Then everyone will say Cotto fears Margarito and is scared of a rematch. Bob Arum has everybody brainwashed with Margarito for some reason. He's tough, but tough doesn't mean good. He wouldn't be an easy fight for anybody but that doesn't mean that actually BEAT anybody of note. Cotto is the better fighter and it'll show on the 26th. Hopefully after that we never have to hear about AM again.

And Rob I give Cotto lots of credit now. Lots more than I used to, but I dont feel like I was wrong back then. He's improved his game tremendously and its undeniable now that he's a stud. I still wouldn't necessarily say that his defense is elite or even borderline elite. I'd say it's good and much better than it used to be. I actually think it's his chin that doesn't get enough credit now. I'm officially a Cotto fan now.
haha my best friend actually came around too....i convert them one at a time. I think Cotto has very good defense actually. Pretty much the only punch that hits him is the uppercut. His defense has been a revelation to me. His jab too, where the eff did that come from? It is now one of the best in boxing. I just love how he is constantly improving.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

and margarito will come forward.....i think cotto will try and box his pants of tho and i think he can
Old 07-18-2008, 01:36 AM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

me andthis kid fought outside of a bsr one night, does that count as boxing .
Old 07-20-2008, 06:12 PM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
and margarito will come forward.....i think cotto will try and box his pants of tho and i think he can

I think Cotto will stop him. His one punch power isn't as good as someone like Cintron's but his overall power is much better. Cintron can hurt u with one shot. Cotto hurts u with every shot. He'll hit AM too easily and wear him down late in the fight. I dont think AM has what it takes to hit Cotto with anything of significance. Too wild, too slow.
Old 07-25-2008, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

cotttttttoooooooo this weekend!!! haha I am so pumped up. Both looked in good shape at the weigh in.......not dried out. Margarito is WAY taller, but I dont see that being a problem for Cotto as Margarito doesnt fight like a tall guy, actually preferring to work on the inside.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:01 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
cotttttttoooooooo this weekend!!! haha I am so pumped up. Both looked in good shape at the weigh in.......not dried out. Margarito is WAY taller, but I dont see that being a problem for Cotto as Margarito doesnt fight like a tall guy, actually preferring to work on the inside.
Hell yes...I cant wait. My buddy's birthday is on the 30th so i bought this fight, in glorious HD for him. Guy has an unhealthy man crush on Cotto. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS