Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-26-2008, 11:02 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hhhoolllyy Cccraaappp. Foty!!!!

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 11:03 PM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Styles make fights and Cotto just didnt have the style that is successful against Margarito. He fought a foolish fight. Props to Margarito.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:07 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarSean View Post
I really dont see why people confuse "tough" with elite. Margarito is a tough fighter. Great chin. Good power and he's big...but if you watch him u see that he's not GOOD. He got outboxed by Josh Clottey. He got outboxed by Paul Williams. And he definitely would NOT beat Paul Williams in a rematch. He SHOULD get outboxed by Cotto and maybe even stopped. He's never gotten hit by anybody as much as he's gonna get hit by Cotto. I'm just not one of the people that understands why everybody is payin attention to the hype while ignoring the in-ring body of work of the guy. I'm not talkin about what he does to Golden Johnson and Kermit Cintron-type scrubs. I'm talkin bout when he actually gets in there with a fighter with a pulse, he gets beaten and outclassed. It'll happen again tonight or Cotto is overrated.
tough > elite i guess...

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Old 07-26-2008, 11:14 PM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Uhhh no. Tonight Margarito's will was stronger than Cotto's skill. Cotto had a good fight plan but he abandoned it. You cant knock everybody out dude. Sometimes u have to stick and move to win. Cotto decided not to do it, so he lost. He's not as disciplined a fighter as Paul Williams.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:18 PM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

Hey whoever said Cotto had to watch out for Margarito's uppercuts was dead on. Those short lead uppercuts were a thing of beauty.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
Margarito TKO in 5
Damn, off by five.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:24 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

How can any human being take Cotto's clean punches like that for 10 rounds?

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:

Old 07-26-2008, 11:24 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this is why i hate my friends

they went to an amateur mma fight (sold my tix b/c i had to work; plus they think they can do it), and i watched this fight

they hate boxing b/c they've seen 1 fight (mayweather-de la hoya go figure) and think its boring

i've tried to get them to watch some roy jones jr, and some older fights (ali-frazier, etc), but they think it will be boring

anyways, what a fight; real good

may will stay retired now; think he was waiting for a big payday with cotto

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilk103 View Post
this is why i hate my friends

they went to an amateur mma fight (sold my tix b/c i had to work; plus they think they can do it), and i watched this fight

they hate boxing b/c they've seen 1 fight (mayweather-de la hoya go figure) and think its boring

i've tried to get them to watch some roy jones jr, and some older fights (ali-frazier, etc), but they think it will be boring

anyways, what a fight; real good

may will stay retired now; think he was waiting for a big payday with cotto

Dude i hate your friends, my friends are completely the opposite.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 11:40 PM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im surprised, i thought cotto would win
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 11:48 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Dude i hate your friends, my friends are completely the opposite.
dude, i would like your friends then

its annoying; honestly, i think they like mma is b/c they think they can do it (we wrestled in hs and were pretty good) and a lot of wrestlers are getting into it

they all say they're worried about the stand-up part; none have ever been in a fight; i just laugh b/c they'd drop after 1 punch

all i ask is for them to just watch 1 boxing match on ppv (since we order like every mma, and it bores me); and i mean like the one tonight, not a may-odh one

cred 2 BoneKrusher
Old 07-26-2008, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
dude, i would like your friends then

its annoying; honestly, i think they like mma is b/c they think they can do it (we wrestled in hs and were pretty good) and a lot of wrestlers are getting into it

they all say they're worried about the stand-up part; none have ever been in a fight; i just laugh b/c they'd drop after 1 punch

all i ask is for them to just watch 1 boxing match on ppv (since we order like every mma, and it bores me); and i mean like the one tonight, not a may-odh one

haha i honestly love the stand up part, i fought a million times and it always worked for me, but im a good wrestler as well. My favorite thing to do was ground and pound. MMA is so much harder then it seems, those guys work their ass off for a short fight.
Friends like that would just piss me off. We had a party this last saturday where there was a lot of people and we turned on the big screen tv and watched MMA. lol, everyone i know loves it.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 07-26-2008, 11:59 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

i would like to see them fight; my jr high wrestling coach trains with some of the guys in it (his bro-in-laws friend runs it); all they work on is takedowns and submissions

i would find it hilarious to see one of my friends get ko'd; that sounds bad, but they think they'd be good

they also said they would last more than a couple rounds with a pro boxer at 120 weight class (when they weigh 150)

cred 2 BoneKrusher
Old 07-27-2008, 12:01 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Margarito was just amazing....he kept coming forward again and again. Cotto abused him early on and he didnt seem effected at all. I will say, Cotto faught nearly a perfect fight for the 1st 5 rounds but, Margarito was just too much for him. Unbelievable performace. Who knows where these guys go from here, though. This shakes things up a bit. Pretty much kills any Cotto/Mayweather. If I'm Maragrito, I want Paul Williams again. Yeah, this was a bit of a coin toss but, I'm shocked.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
i would like to see them fight; my jr high wrestling coach trains with some of the guys in it (his bro-in-laws friend runs it); all they work on is takedowns and submissions

i would find it hilarious to see one of my friends get ko'd; that sounds bad, but they think they'd be good

they also said they would last more than a couple rounds with a pro boxer at 120 weight class (when they weigh 150)
Someone at 120 would wear their ass out, 2 rounds and they will die. I think they'll get ko'd, those small guys are quick as hell and your friends will be surprized with the power.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 07-27-2008, 12:15 AM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Someone at 120 would wear their ass out, 2 rounds and they will die. I think they'll get ko'd, those small guys are quick as hell and your friends will be surprized with the power.
i told them the same thing (power); i said they knock pros out in 12 rounds, imagine what they'd do to someone with no experiance

it would be worse than canseco vs that eagle guy; and he had 50 lbs on him; they would only have 30-40

cred 2 BoneKrusher
Old 07-27-2008, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
i told them the same thing (power); i said they knock pros out in 12 rounds, imagine what they'd do to someone with no experiance

it would be worse than canseco vs that eagle guy; and he had 50 lbs on him; they would only have 30-40
The weight does not matter if you look at it. It is a pro vs. no experiance. Im 170 and i know i would get my ass whoped vs. a 120 pro boxer.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 07-27-2008, 12:34 AM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

Quote:
The weight does not matter if you look at it. It is a pro vs. no experiance. Im 170 and i know i would get my ass whoped vs. a 120 pro boxer.
tell that to them; not even a pro, and amateur would whoop them

cred 2 BoneKrusher
Old 07-27-2008, 12:49 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont know about you guys but as the fight wore on....I felt that Cotto could go at any moment but, there was nothing Cotto could do to knock out Margarito. Hell of a performance by Margarito.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 01:38 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, i was rooting for Margarito and i'm glad he pulled it out for my peeps :D

Does anyone have the scorecards for the fight? I looked for them on FoxSports but couldn't find them.
Old 07-27-2008, 01:57 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Man i really didnt care who wins, i just wanted to see some kickass boxing.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 07-27-2008, 02:01 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Man, i was rooting for Margarito and i'm glad he pulled it out for my peeps :D

Does anyone have the scorecards for the fight? I looked for them on FoxSports but couldn't find them.
they said that 2 judges had its 96-94 margarito and 1 had it tied going into the final round
Old 07-27-2008, 02:02 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
they said that 2 judges had its 96-94 margarito and 1 had it tied going into the final round
Thanks. How did the douchebag Lederman have it scored?
Old 07-27-2008, 02:06 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Thanks. How did the douchebag Lederman have it scored?
he had it even
Old 07-27-2008, 02:11 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
he had it even
Oh okay, i usually base my scoring opposite of what he does.