Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Eagles own the NFC East
Veteran

Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.
Default Problems

What do you think the Eagles need to work on in order to make the playoffs if there is a still a chance which there is IMO even though we have been god awful.

1. Reggie Brown needs to step up his game, he isn't doing anything out there, and Curtis just had one good game.

2. The line what has been up with them? Thats a mystery to me.

3. McNabb isnt looking comfortable in the pocket.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:36 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmmmm, when Offseason comes lets spend some money....

We need to get a explosive player from the draft taht can pretty much do it all, i like Deshawn jackson.

I thought Brown would explode this year since he looked to have a good year last year. Maybe we should have held of on giving him the contract.

On the D side, cut Kearse, he might now be as good as Mcdougle. Just put Ambrini in let him get some reps and let him learn more.

McNabb, needs to rest and get his body back to full. When he was scrambling why did he look so slow really slow. It also looks like he is playing conservative like he doesn't want to do anything to risky or get hit in the wrong place.

The O-line, i thought that was something Reid always made sure was good. The one year we drafted mostly O and D linemen. Justice did look a little slow comming of the snap, he got beat outside easily, maybe he is more of an inside player.

When we draft lets get some tall Secondary players, LBs look decent, the DT dont know to much about them. All i know is where is the pressure at.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:12 AM    (permalink
Travis 24
Veteran

Travis 24 smells like sex panther.Travis 24 smells like sex panther.

Biggest problems:

WR...Curtis is a good player, but not really a go-to guy. Reggie Brown absolutely sucks, and they really need to think about shopping him around. They need size and speed come draft time, no more frail 6'0 180 lb WR's.

OT...Winston Justice is a bust. The guy can not block anything, he's proved this in pre-season and it became obvious in the Giants game. They need help here, but can't really afford to spend another high pick at this position.

SECONDARY...They have played well this year, but the depth is hurting them. William James gets beat way too often..and they have nothing at safety if someone goes down. Someone who is versatile (REGGIE SMITH, PLEASE!) would fit perfectly. Dawkins is also getting up their in age, so the fact that Reggie can play safety..just makes this a no brainer.

SPECIAL TEAMS...Um, please get a returner. Watching Reno Mahe return punts makes me sick. They need to dedicate a draft pick, even if it is a day 1 pick, to getting a proven return man.
Travis 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Eagles own the NFC East
Veteran

Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.

i agree with all of the above. yes Desean Jackson would be the thing we would need. and yeah about Reggie Brown I thought he would breakout, but he is sucking with a big contract.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How much time ya got?

QB- McNabb's on his last leg IMO. I know Justice was a revolving door, but McNabb had lots of field in front of him and refused, steadfastly REFUSED to tuck the ball and run. I'm not asking for Mike Vick here, just a couple yards when no one is there.

RB- None. Well, maybe a magic healer for Westbrook and a 6 inches to add to his height.

FB- Someone who isn't the size of essentially a big RB. I want Ritchie back.

WR- Brown to step up. Where has he been? Curtis is brutal, the Disappearing Man. Avant's been good, with limited opportunities. Baskett needs to see the field. We need that one guy ala old school T.O. Ask the Pats if they regret trading a 4 for Randy Moss.

TE- We need LJ to go. He's essentially an uber slow receiver. No blocking ability. Let's poach Shockey from the Giants. Celek looks respectable for a 2 though.

OL- Breathe, Winston will be fine when he takes over for BJR at RT. A legit LT would be nice though for when Thomas leaves. The interior line is fine.

DE- Peace, Jevon and Darren. Get those two clowns out of here. Abimiari is very good and needs experience, and TCole, Abiamiri, Thomas and maybe another DE would look nice.

DT- Bunkley's been the Eagles DPOY so far IMO. He looks damn good. We could use another guy like him and use Patterson as more of a pass rusher. Reagor? Where the **** are you?

LB- Omar Gaither, you rule. Takeo Spikes, meh, ok. Gocong's looked better than I expected. But drafting a OLB to replace Spikes (maybe that's what Bradley is for, I don't know) would be good. I want a real OLB too. Depending on who's the BPA at LB, grab a MLB and slide Gaither outside.

CB- Lito, get your ass on this field. Sheldon's been very good this year, but Will James is putrid. Horrendous. I can't stand it. We need a guy to play some nickel right now and start when the Eagles inevitably push Lito out.

S- Dawk looked decent when he was playing, hopefully he comes back soon. Considine, thanks for cooking my crow for me. He's been very good so far, and I think he's gonna be good at FS when BD leaves. Leaves us searching for a SS.

P- Either a 70 yard bomb or a 22 yard squiggler. Flip a coin, and Sav will deliver the result.

K- Akers is missing something. Maybe it's just old age. May be time to address this.

Return man- Brian Mitchell, you need a job? Get someone back there who I actually think will break one. cough cough DeSean Jackson cough cough

Basically, it's time for the Eagles to realize their philosophy isn't working anymore. 60/40 pass/run ratio doesn't cut it when you've got LT-lite in the backfield. Run the ball! On 3rd and 2, bring in Tony Hunt for God's sake! Have him barrel into the LOS instead of going 5 wide and having them run 1 yard curls. Defense has been good, bend but don't break, but we need more TOs. Please, start running the ball. Man, with that line Buckhalter ran for 100+ on 17 carries without blowing an ACL! Ridiculous! Maybe it's time for a coaching change, I don't know.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 06:44 PM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

I was never one to really think the eagles needed a "big time" receiver but this year is making me change my mind. Right now all i want is a receiver that will strike fear into a defence. And better depth in the secondary.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ
camp_eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 03:50 AM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

#1 WR- Reggie Brown isn't going to cut it, the Eagles need to get someone somehow, and if they do, the offense will (thats a garuntee) be lethal. The Eagles should make a run at Marques Colston, He is a good fit in the WCO.

LT- If William Thomas goes down, the Eagles are done, no real depth at LT and no real replacement for William Thomas for when he retires.

LB Depth- There is no solid back-up at MLB or SLB.

SS- Mikell isn't a long term solution and Considine and Reed are injury prone.
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 06:23 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
#1 WR- Reggie Brown isn't going to cut it, the Eagles need to get someone somehow, and if they do, the offense will (thats a garuntee) be lethal. The Eagles should make a run at Marques Colston, He is a good fit in the WCO.

LT- If William Thomas goes down, the Eagles are done, no real depth at LT and no real replacement for William Thomas for when he retires.

LB Depth- There is no solid back-up at MLB or SLB.

SS- Mikell isn't a long term solution and Considine and Reed are injury prone.
I like what you've been doing as of late EF 45, but I want to know where you really stand on our LT situation. For the last two months, you've been saying that Andrews is 100% goonna get a shot at replacing Thomas, now you're saying that there is no replacement for him when he retires. Which is it? You gotta make up your mind, because flip-flopping doensn't do much for your credibility, no matter even if this is an internet forum. I agree we do need help at WR, OT and S for sure. But I would like to point this out. Boiman is our backup SAM if I remember correctly, either way, that is two backup LB spots that are not "solid" by your standards. But here is the point I'm about to make about the LBs. They are young and unproven. For all we know they are solid, or even capable of being starters, the problem is, they too could be horrible. What I'm trying to say is, we can't get a good opinion of them yet, because we haven't seen enough of them to know for sure how well they could play lB in this system. I do however think that the MLB spot is really the only one with the biggest question mark, as Joe Mays and Poga Tagufu (sp) have been around for the least amount of time. Boiman has started and done well, and Ahkeem Jordan looks solid whenever he is on the field.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 01:25 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

I am convinced that Shawn Andrews will play RT in the future. I think its possible that he plays LT but, he would be a dominant RT.

Boiman is not completely healthy, he is still recovering from a previous injury and that means he is damaged goods, and that isn't a good thing when your trying to make a team.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:53 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our system doesn't require great LBs. Thats what they said last year, it requires pressure from the front 4 and coverage from the secondary. Our great players have to be on the line and in the secondary.

Our Lbs just need to do their job in order to thrive in the Eagles system, cover and blitz well when asked to.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:07 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Our system doesn't require great LBs. Thats what they said last year, it requires pressure from the front 4 and coverage from the secondary. Our great players have to be on the line and in the secondary.

Our Lbs just need to do their job in order to thrive in the Eagles system, cover and blitz well when asked to.
True, but can you imagine what our defense would be like with the LBs as a bonus? "Championship!"

Old 06-26-2008, 09:29 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
True, but can you imagine what our offense would be like with the WRs as a bonus? "Championship!"
Fixed that for you.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
I am convinced that Shawn Andrews will play RT in the future. I think its possible that he plays LT but, he would be a dominant RT.
But he dominates at RG. And in some cases RG is just as important as RT so whats the use. IF he moves anywhere it will be to LT. For Andrews it's either RG or LT. No doubt IMO.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:38 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan View Post
But he dominates at RG. And in some cases RG is just as important as RT so whats the use. IF he moves anywhere it will be to LT. For Andrews it's either RG or LT. No doubt IMO.
thats Ludicruis going from playing on the right side to the left is another ball game. IF he moves to tackle it would be RT
Old 06-26-2008, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
thats Ludicruis going from playing on the right side to the left is another ball game. IF he moves to tackle it would be RT
Sweet Jesus my eyes are bleeding after reading that. L-u-d-i-c-r-o-u-s.

But yeah, you're right about the RT dea.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:10 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Fixed that for you.
Could you imagine if we had the LBs and the WRs? "Dynasty!"

Old 06-26-2008, 12:11 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I guess I am the only one who thinks Andrews stays at RG...

Old 06-26-2008, 12:12 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Sweet Jesus my eyes are bleeding after reading that. L-u-d-i-c-r-o-u-s.

But yeah, you're right about the RT dea.
I love your replies to bad spelling, but this one really killed me. +rep

Old 06-26-2008, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
I love your replies to bad spelling, but this one really killed me. +rep
Thanks haha. Piss poor spelling just does it for me, I suppose.

Quote:
I guess I am the only one who thinks Andrews stays at RG...
Depends on the situation. A RT is more valuable, in my opinion, than a RG.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:28 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Depends on the situation. A RT is more valuable, in my opinion, than a RG.
In our offense, that may not be the case. (Key word being may) At this point Andrews would be the last O-linemen I would want to lose, so therefore, making RG our most valuable O'line position. Yes I realize this isn't how I should look at it. But in terms of pure value, RG is the most valuable at this point. Yes I would rather have soemeone as good as Andrews at RT or LT. But we know that he is a top 3 OG in this league, we don't know how good he would be at RT or LT. I'd rather have a top 3 RG than a top 8-12 RT(An optimistic presumption of where he would be if he made that switch) or a top 10-15 LT (also an assumption of where he would be if he played LT) Yes we do have a great option at either tackle, but we lose more from the spot that he vacated than what we would gain moving him to either position. Though my original statement had nothing to do with value, I'm gald you brought it up. I was originally just trying to say that I think he stays at RG. To clear things up, Either Tackle is more valuable than a RG if they are of equal talent, playing ability, whatever, but right now, Andrews is the most valuable O-linemen on this team, and moving him to another position would really mess a lot of theings up, IMO.

Old 06-27-2008, 01:34 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Ludicruis!
Old 06-27-2008, 01:46 AM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

^^^
wtf? (10)
Old 06-27-2008, 06:15 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I've never read or watched Harry Potter, but my assumption with cunningham's post is that Harry Potter says "ludicrous" a lot.

Old 06-27-2008, 10:33 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

haha no it just sounds like one of those lame spell words HP would bust out.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:59 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

OK, I wasn't sure, as I've never seen the movies or read the books.