Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC North Division Forum

NFC North Division Forum Discuss the NFC North

Old 10-02-2007, 11:46 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 3 Players

Name 3 players, one from each that you would take from the other NFC North teams that you would like on your team.
For Green Bay...

Chicago- Lance Briggs, to play opposite of AJ

Detroit- Calvin Johnson, due to his upside

Minnesota- Tavaris Jackson, I would like a scrambling QB to be favre's heir, he just needs to be properly groomed, something that Minny is failing to do.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I were you guys I would take Tommie Harris over T. Jackson, let Aaron Rodgers get his shot. A talent like Harris would be a great addition to your team that is OK at DT but by no means elite. He could help Harrell develop, they are pretty similar (Harrell is a penetrator if I am not mistaken). Those 2 would be beastly together.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 12:00 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Name 3 players, one from each that you would take from the other NFC North teams that you would like on your team.
For Green Bay...

Chicago- Lance Briggs, to play opposite of AJ

Detroit- Calvin Johnson, due to his upside

Minnesota- Tavaris Jackson, I would like a scrambling QB to be favre's heir, he just needs to be properly groomed, something that Minny is failing to do.
I disagree 100%

Chicago- Why would we take Briggs, he'd only be a 2 down player, complete waste. Charles Tillman - Harris, Woodson, Tillman in nickle packages, just try to pass on that. Then he would replace Harris.

Detroit- Not bad, but I'd take a proven player who is still young over potential. Roy Williams

Minnesota- Ew, Tavaris Jackson? No way. I can't see him ever becoming a good starter. Plus we have Aaron Rodgers to succeed Favre. Now I know some of you don't like him, but I do. I'll guarentee that he'll be better than Jackson. And you definitely can't take anyone but Adrian Peterson- with the complete absence of a run game he is the clear choice.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:02 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
If I were you guys I would take Tommie Harris over T. Jackson, let Aaron Rodgers get his shot. A talent like Harris would be a great addition to your team that is OK at DT but by no means elite. He could help Harrell develop, they are pretty similar (Harrell is a penetrator if I am not mistaken). Those 2 would be beastly together.
I'd say our DT position is better than "OK". It is at least "good". We don't have a star, but we do have great depth. There are some great DTs in the NFC North to choose from, but the last thing we need is another DT.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:03 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lance Briggs wouldn't be a 2 down player in Green Bay. If they go to nickle I can promise he'd be one of the two sticking around. I've always thought he'd be just as suited playing MLB, and would be an upgrade over Barnett. I agree though...there are better options.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 12:19 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Lance Briggs wouldn't be a 2 down player in Green Bay. If they go to nickle I can promise he'd be one of the two sticking around. I've always thought he'd be just as suited playing MLB, and would be an upgrade over Barnett. I agree though...there are better options.
If we were going to move him to MLB anyway then why not just take Urlacher. And it doesn't matter who would stay in for nickle either him, Hawk, or Barnett would have to come out.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:33 AM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

TacticaLion hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

For Detroit:

Chicago - Urlacher. God, I hate him... but he's dominant at what he does and we're lacking in the MLB position.

Minnesota - Probably Cedric Griffin, to be honest. Young, talented player with a lot of upside. Great player to improve the secondary and have around for a while.

Green Bay - Al Harris. We could certinally upgrade our CB spot... and Harris is outstanding.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I disagree 100%

Chicago- Why would we take Briggs, he'd only be a 2 down player, complete waste. Charles Tillman - Harris, Woodson, Tillman in nickle packages, just try to pass on that. Then he would replace Harris.

Detroit- Not bad, but I'd take a proven player who is still young over potential. Roy Williams

Minnesota- Ew, Tavaris Jackson? No way. I can't see him ever becoming a good starter. Plus we have Aaron Rodgers to succeed Favre. Now I know some of you don't like him, but I do. I'll guarentee that he'll be better than Jackson. And you definitely can't take anyone but Adrian Peterson- with the complete absence of a run game he is the clear choice.
I'm not even going to write one up. I'll just support this one.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:51 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would consider taking Devin Hester, seeing as the Packers are not threat on special teams

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I would consider taking Devin Hester, seeing as the Packers are not threat on special teams
Good point, never considered that. I think I would go with him then. That would be huge for us.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Why would anybody rather have Tavaris Jackson than Aaron Rodgers at this point? Makes no sense to me.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

For the Packers:

Minnesota: Adrian Peterson
Best runningback in the division. Gives the Packers a legitimate weapon in the running game and another passing option.

Detroit: Ernie Sims
Another stud linebacker to replace Brady Poppinga. Having Hawk on the strong-side, Barnett in the middle, and Sims on the weak-side would give the Packers the best linebacker unit in the league.

Chicago: Nathan Vasher
Finally a legitimate nickelback. Plus, he would likely move to the starting lineup eventually once Harris/Woodson start regressing.

All these players are young, dynamic, and would fit into the Packers scheme.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 04:02 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
For the Packers:

Minnesota: Adrian Peterson
Best runningback in the division. Gives the Packers a legitimate weapon in the running game and another passing option.

Detroit: Ernie Sims
Another stud linebacker to replace Brady Poppinga. Having Hawk on the strong-side, Barnett in the middle, and Sims on the weak-side would give the Packers the best linebacker unit in the league.

Chicago: Nathan Vasher
Finally a legitimate nickelback. Plus, he would likely move to the starting lineup eventually once Harris/Woodson start regressing.

All these players are young, dynamic, and would fit into the Packers scheme.
I like it alot the only 1 I might change is Hester from Chicago because he really can break it at any time but I like the list alot

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 06:14 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I forgot about AD!
And i just have an attachment to Running QB's anyway the list again

CHI-Urlacher, push Barnett outside
DET-CJ
MIN-AD

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 06:31 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Yeah, I considered him but I couldn't put him over Tillman.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:16 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Minnesota - Steve Hutchinson
Chicago - Brian Urlacher
Green Bay - Al Harris
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 08:13 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

TacticaLion hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
Minnesota - Steve Hutchinson
Chicago - Brian Urlacher
Green Bay - Al Harris
Bah... Hutch is a good one.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:48 AM    (permalink
k0ng
Rookie

k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.

Green Bay - I hate him, but I'll take Favruh. Give the Bears a QB that can keep our D fresh and able to fly around and hit people all 4 quarters. He'll also put points on the board(always a plus):p .

Minnesota - Adrian Peterson. **** Benson

Detroit - Calvin Johnson. Tremendous upside, works hard, and keeps his mouth shut.
k0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bears - Urlacher
Vikings - AD
Packers - AJ Hawk

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 05:13 PM    (permalink
DaSuperfan
Rookie

DaSuperfan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

For the Bears:

Minny: Adrian Peterson, this guy will be a top 3 RB in the NFL if he can stay healthy.

Detroit: Roy Williams, best player at his position in the NFC North and could be the top WR in the NFC this season if continues to play the way he has.

GB: AJ Hawk, to replace Lance Briggs when he leaves next season.
DaSuperfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 07:49 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bah, this is tough.

Chicago-Brian Urlacher-I wouldn't even care who was on the other side, Sims and Urlacher would be great.

Minny-Cedric Griffin-I'm actually a Kevin Jones fan, so I'm going with Tactica on this one.

Green Bay-Al Harris-Our secondary is horrible. We've just upgrade rather nicely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like all the players ironman wants too, but to fill out a list with some other names:

CHI - Benson - benson's contract and also Greg Olsen, to fortify our offense (benson/jones, nice little combo)

GB - Kampman, pro bowl DE to make the Cover 2 work better

MIN - Hutchison, we depend heavily on our O and a CB won't fix our defense, so OL strengthening would be more effective as of now.

That said, I'd also like Vasher, Tillman, Harris or Griffin to join our ranks, Urlacher, Briggs would be nice, hell Darren Sharper would be more than ok, I wouldn't mind Adrian Peterson or Olin Kreutz.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 01:42 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vikings- Steve Hutchinson. Him, Clifton, Wells, Tauscher, and Colledge would be SICK!
Lions- Kevin Jones- He would be our number one from day one.
Bears- Brian Urlacher- Move him to the strong side and we have a sick front 7.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:20 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers-Aaron Kampman, finally a decent pass rush.
Bears- Devin Hester, I dont remember the last return man we had that scared anyone.
Lions- Roy Williams, underrated imo, I think hes a top 5 WR in the league, him and Rice would be a dominant 1-2 punch when Rice gets going.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 05:54 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I change my mind.

Vikings - Steve Hutchinson
Green Bay - Chad Clifton
Chicago - Olin Kruetz
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote