Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 10-08-2007, 11:11 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy piece of doo-doo! we shoulda killed em. It shoulda been 34-17 or something like that.
Screw McCarthy
Screw Jones

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 11:48 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Holy piece of doo-doo! we shoulda killed em. It shoulda been 34-17 or something like that.
Screw McCarthy
Screw Jones
McCarthy genreated damn near 450 yards of total offense, you can hadly blame him. If not for shotty play by individuals the Packers come away with an easy win.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
McCarthy genreated damn near 450 yards of total offense, you can hadly blame him. If not for shotty play by individuals the Packers come away with an easy win.
Yes, but the Packers were outcoached in the second half. McCarthy failed to make adjustments to the Bears adjustments in the second half. He tried to run in the second half and it failed. Why keep going to it? Packers have succeeded with the short and intermediate passing game all season. Go to that, since the coverages the Bears were running were vulnerable to that. Slants, crosses, hooks, outs, ins, etc.

Still, the game came down to turnovers. James Jones basically killed the Packers momentum twice and took 6 to 14 points off the board.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 11:59 AM    (permalink
NickCollins36
Rookie

NickCollins36 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Angry

jones........

sig by diehardvikingsfan

IN TED WE TRUST
NickCollins36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 12:50 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

I really don't like to fight back and forth about sports teams, but come on bears fans. Yes you can into our house and beat us. You made plays with the help of bad play calling, stupid throws by brett, and a AWFUL 2 min. drill. But please, you a 2-3 football team, you can gloat about last year all you want, but your defense is overrated and peyton showed that to you last year, and the lions made history on you last week. Are the packers a great team, no, not by any means, but please don't talk up a team that's average at best.

With all that said, this loss stings real bad. the fumbles really killed the packers. The conservative play calling in the second half along with the brett of 05 moments just gave all the momentum to the bears. Nick Collins is a solid safety but he put all his eggs in one basket to try to stop that run. The thing about that TD was that it was better for the pack, it was a quicker strike and allowed time for the packers to try to come back and tie it up, had it been a FG, the bears would have taken the clock down to next to nothing.

What i don't understand was that 2 min drill. Even at the end of the 1st half, it was shaky, brett was pissed that MM used the timeout and he let him know about it when he got to the sideline, i just seemed like they weren't on the same page and that's fixable but Brett has been so good with the *** that i was really surprised how awful it was.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 01:08 PM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran

lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Haha....awesome. Classy teams don't turn the ball over 5 times. Bears fans should know that.

What a way for Favre to set the interception record too. Couldn't have been more perfect.

How's that 35-3 prediction turning out by the way?
My prediction is looking fine. Remember? it used to be your sig for 6 months. Read below:
lod01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 01:10 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock07 View Post
I really don't like to fight back and forth about sports teams, but come on bears fans. Yes you can into our house and beat us. You made plays with the help of bad play calling, stupid throws by brett, and a AWFUL 2 min. drill. But please, you a 2-3 football team, you can gloat about last year all you want, but your defense is overrated and peyton showed that to you last year, and the lions made history on you last week. Are the packers a great team, no, not by any means, but please don't talk up a team that's average at best.
I'm confused. Are the Packers better than average at best?

Yes Peyton Manning shreaded our defense. That's what Peyton Manning does.

Yes the Lions shreaded our defense...our backup defense. Try taking 6 starters off of your defense and see what's left.

I just don't really understand your point. Are you saying the Packers are average too? If so then I have no argument. Two average teams played last night and the Bears made less mistakes. If you're saying the Bears are average at best but the Packers are great maybe you should take a look in the mirror at how we absolutely dominated your Superbowl bound team in the second half. This win doesn't suprise me at all, I said so before the game in the gameday thread. If the Packers are better than the Bears, it's not by nearly as much as some of you think.

Oh but wait it was the playcalling...or maybe it was the refs...or James Jones....maybe it was Deanna Favre...or John Madden...or the avian bird flu. I'm sure if you guys sit around and try to rationalize how you blew it you'll come up with something that sticks.

I'm not saying we're a great team anymore, we've yet to show that. It's just funny how many of you predicted a blowout and now that it blew up in your face you are trying to think of every reason why except for the fact that your team isn't as good as you thought it was. It's not like you've dominated anyone this year.

Just admit when your wrong. Hell I do it in this thread all the damn time.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 10-08-2007 at 01:12 PM.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 01:20 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lod01 View Post
My prediction is looking fine. Remember? it used to be your sig for 6 months. Read below:
Nice sig. Though I actually went back and read that thread and even though I look wrong right now, you still come off like the dumbass. You never actually gave a reason why the Packers would win, just "Rex Grossman sucks blah blah blah". Like I said all along, you were the same Packers fan that thought the Packers would win the division in 2005 because "THE BeaASRSZ STILL SUX!!" and that they would take the division back in 2006 because "TheatBEARZ alwais cHIOKES!!!".

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. Seasons still early though...

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 02:14 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ya know...the packers were bound to have this game at some point. mistakes costing them the game. it happens every year. bummer it had to happen against the bears, but whatever.

i still stand by what i said and support what others said about the packers losing the game more than the bears winning the game. if you win the turnover battle 5:1, it shouldn't even be close.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
if you win the turnover battle 5:1, it shouldn't even be close.
Isn't that the truth. The Bears should have destroyed the Packers with that kind of ratio, and I think they most likely would have if they weren't so beat up.

P.S. note to E.T. Smith... Put Wrecks Grossman back in, I miss him.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 10-08-2007, 02:54 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

TacticaLion hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
if you win the turnover battle 5:1, it shouldn't even be close.
It shouldn't even be close... unless you're missing most of the starters on your defense (your only true strength), are having a QB crisis and can't run the ball.

A 5:1 turnover ratio is a big deal... but the injuries and the questions the Bears have are much bigger.

It was a great win for the Bears.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

We should have won that game. 4 careless turnovers with plenty of time left on the clock (aside from the Hail Mary at the end) and we still only lost by 7. That tells me that we can be a great team if the ball isn't turned over. People will say that you can say that about any team. Well, no, you can't, plenty of teams will get beaten if they have 1 or 2 turnovers, but when a really good team coughs it up 4 critical times anybody has a chance at them. This game should have been over at halftime.

I just hope that we have the turnover bug out of us. Almost every team has at least one game where they're careless with the ball in each season. The Bears got 10 points directly from turnovers. Jones two fumbles didn't give them points, but it took points away from us. We were in Field Goal range each time and moving the ball extremely well. Those cost us potentially 14 points.

Positives:

1. I thought our run defense was outstanding after a bad game against the Vikings last week they did really well. The best all season, the only bad part was the first rushing TD all season on the defense. 33 attempts for only 82 yards, a 2.5 average, and the longest run was only 11 yards. A bad thing that came from this was maybe it cost us in play action plays. I know on the Desmond Clark TD in the 4th quarter it was a play action and everybody bit on it. There might have been a couple other plays where you can say play action was the reason for a catch.

2. Rushing offense was really good. Recognizing that we are primarily a passing team this season, we still ran the ball pretty well. The Packers CAN run the ball. Turnovers hurt everything we could have done offensively.

Vernand Morency. Had 9 rushes for 43 yards and 7 catches for 48 yards. A total of 16 touches for 91 yards. I don't know if or when he'll start but he might be starting soon if he stays healthy.

DeShawn Wynn. I think the reason we see him getting so much involvement in the offense is because the role he has here now is very similar to what he had at Florida so his adjustment to this team has been very good. We've basically ran the Spread Offense at times this season. That's what they do at Florida. In that offense he'd be the lone back in a shotgun formation with Receivers spread and his main responsibility would be blitz pick up and check downs. Add to that he's a big back with quick feet so his blitz pick up decision making and blocking is very good, as a runner he makes quick decisions.

3. When the defense had pressure we had pretty good results. There was the one where Griese got hit by a combination of 3 Packers and their blockers collapsing on him. That was pretty cool. Heavy pressure also caused Griese's interception.

4. Special teams returns and coverage. Devin Hester Defense was by far the best anybody has given the Bears this season, maybe even last season too. Didn't touch the ball on kickoffs a single time and 4 punt returns for 40 yards total. I really like what Tramon Williams has done. He's by far the best kickoff returner we've had since Allen Rossum. Why can't we put him on punts??? Even though Woodson has been pretty good. Speaking of him I thought his punt returns were pretty good. Of course he had that fumble in the midst of a really good return. I see it all the time these days, stripping the ball from behind on returns. I've seen it happen to Hester a few times too. I thought return yardage wise it was excellent on kickoffs and punts. The Bears are the best and most well rounded special teams unit in the league for the 2nd year in a row and that might be the best performance I've seen by any team against them in that time period.

4. Defense on the Bears primary receivers was outstanding. Muhammad 1 catch 17 yards, Berrian 1 catch 10 yards (he did leave the game early though I think), Bradley 1 catch 17 yards, Benson 1 catch 5 yards. Perhaps it was the Packers DB's except for Bigby going with new shoes and black tape. Looks like the same shoes the Oregon Ducks like to wear. I really think the whole team should switch to dark shoes at home games at least.

http://cmsimg.packersnews.com/apps/p...tem=2&MaxW=350
http://cmsimg.packersnews.com/apps/p...em=16&MaxW=350
http://cmsimg.packersnews.com/apps/p...em=17&MaxW=350

Negatives:

1. The defense on secondary receivers was poor. Especially the Tight Ends. Olsen had 4 catches 57 yards and a TD, Clark had 3 catches 62 yards and a TD, Adrian Peterson had 2 catches for 32 yards, a back up RB. They had catches of 27, 34, and 30 yards respectively. I guess you can't cover everybody.

2. The best way to stop teams when your offense turns the ball over 4 or 5 times is to get it back. I want a more aggressive defense, I want more blitzing, I want more forced fumbles and I want more interceptions. Last year the defense would give up big plays but they forced turnovers and sacks.

Last year there was 18 interceptions and 9 forced fumbles for a total of 27. Forced 9 turnovers so far, which, now that I look at it it's about the same pace as last year but I guess I thought we'd have more. Dominant defenses take the ball away a lot. In the back of my mind I've thought that even though we have high expectations for this defense and they can be really good they need to take the ball away more.

3. Sacks. I definitely understand the whole sacks are not totally indicative of the pressure you're getting "thing". There's hits, knockdowns, hurries, and turnovers that pressure can cause. Maybe it just seems like we aren't blitzing as much because we aren't getting sacks but I think we should blitz more often. I think we're a really good blitzing team and when you have a Cornerback tandem like we do, we can do it extremely well. We have two outside Linebackers that can eat a blocking RB for lunch and we've seen it before. All 3 can put up a pretty good fight against a lineman for a linebacker. We're definitely getting lots of pressure, even with 4 down, I just think that if you bring that extra guy more often there will be more sacks for everybody. As a result offenses are put in long down and distances or will turn the ball over more often. We have 12 sacks and I wouldn't be surprised if we led the league in QB hits. We're on pace for 38 or 39 and we had 46 last season. The most of any 4-3 defense. We had 14 after 5 games last season, so maybe I'm just nitpicking. It's hard to recall how much pressure a team gets on a Quarterback one year to the next just off of memory so I don't know exactly. We just gotta get there more often, once we do, this defense will dominate.

4. A.J. Hawk either needs to make more impact plays or be put in a position where he can make more impact plays. I'm one of his biggest fans. He's an excellent tackler. Easily one of the best tacklers in the NFL from the day he came into the league. Offenses really cannot run the ball to his gap at all. And he's the one guy I see most often trying to rip the ball out in a pile. He'll make a play at least once every game this year where I say to myself, "Wow, that is quietly but surely a pretty impressive play." I just want more of it. I know he may never light the world on fire with pass deflections and interceptions but I feel like if A.J. forces turnovers in any way then everybody else will. He's the type of player that has a low risk of being exploited. He's just very sound in what he does. That's why I think they need to give him more opportunities. If his assignment on the play is not ideal he will know what to do. They have to allow him to be more of an impact player. I can say that he needs to step up and become elite, cause there's a few things I've seen in each game he could've done in a different way. But he was the 5th pick in the draft and his a very smart player. Let him out of the cage.

5. Ball security, stop the careless turnovers, need I say more?

---------------

We need to win this week against the Redskins. They definitely look for real this year. I feel like they're one of only a few teams that can contain our passing game right now regarding completions and yardage (cause every team can force fumbles or interceptions). I think we will need to run the ball well in this game to put up a lot of points. I think our corners match up well. Physical should beat the undersized but speedy receivers, Randel El, and Santana Moss. Key Matchup is Chris Cooley vs. whoever is covering him. The Redskins will see what the Bears Tight End's just did and they'll see what Antonio Gates did. I'm sure he will be the main target for the Skins if he's open, because frankly we should win the receiver/cornerback match up. We need to go into the bye week 5-1 with a firm grasp on first place and get some guys healthy for the stretch run during the off time.
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

I cant wait till Morency gets healty enough to start. This guy is so underrated...4.6 yards a carry last year in 91 rushes. Yesterday he made something happened everytime he touched the ball.

Yesterday's loss hurt a lot and its actually a good thing. This is a young team and they will learn a lot from yesterday. Everything went wrong yesterday and we still lost on the last play of the game, thats how good this team is. Im not concerned at all.

If Bears Fans want to gloat here its fine by me, it was a big win for them but this game was giving to them. If they play that kind of football for the rest of the year they will be at the bottom of the league.
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 07:43 PM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran

lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Nice sig. Though I actually went back and read that thread and even though I look wrong right now, you still come off like the dumbass. You never actually gave a reason why the Packers would win, just "Rex Grossman sucks blah blah blah". Like I said all along, you were the same Packers fan that thought the Packers would win the division in 2005 because "THE BeaASRSZ STILL SUX!!" and that they would take the division back in 2006 because "TheatBEARZ alwais cHIOKES!!!".

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. Seasons still early though...
No. I analyzed how the Bears won last year via defense. ie stripping the football for turnovers. Notice how it doesn't work anymore. Case in point this week vs Adrian Peterson on his 2nd TD run. The Bear defender instead of playing smart football and pushing Peterson out of bounds, he grabs at the football. Peterson shucked him off like yesterday's garbage on his way to the endzone, bears lose again.
lod01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 05:05 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

http://www.northwestpackerbackers.co...nouncement.jpg

bad word, beware kiddies.

they get smoked.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 10-30-2007 at 08:40 AM.