Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 10-03-2007, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default W5 Thread: Falcons vs Titans

I never like playing teams off of a bye week.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was looking forward to this match up so much. Young vs Vick.

Damn.

Their OL looks pretty beastly. Hopefully our DL can hold up and get some pressure on Young.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 02:31 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If we can beat the Titans coming off a bye week...I'll be very impressed. Not only does it mean our players are executing, but it means that our coaches did a great job of changing things up and not letting them know what was coming. Maybe some of the things we've seen the past couple weeks will just be a setup for a team that was going to have time to study literally EVERYTHING we've done all season. So they have the most tape to use, they've had the most time to break it down. If we're able to matriculate the ball up and down the field, I think that it's going to be the real coming out party for the Falcons offense. I know the Titans aren't a very highly rated defense, but lets be honest, they've been solid all year long. They have guys who can collapse the pocket so this will be our biggest test so far this season. Because our offensive line has started to gel, lets just see how much they've bonded. Their offense scares me too, Their RB is going to HAVE to be stopped, but he's exactly the back we'll struggle the most against.

I'm not worried about our pass rush...Abe > all. He's the most powerful force against the pass we have. We're going to be asking a LOT of Trey Lewis again this week...more even than last week. But pass rush doesn't worry me, I actually think this week will be the week that Anderson gets his first sack, simply because Abe will force Vince to run into him. It'll be a gift sack or maybe 2 just because he's got to escape that backside pressure.

Last edited by iloxygenil : 10-03-2007 at 02:34 PM.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 03:53 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This may be a closer game than expected. I watched the Falcons game last week, and you guys played great. John Abraham proved that he was still one of the best pass rushers in the league. I didn't see much of Deangelo Hall, so I'm assuming he was thrown against much at all. Lewis Sanders and Chris Houston looked less dangerous, and by the way, I think Houston should be starting over Sanders. But it was only one game, so ya'lls opinions should be more accurate. Michael Boley is a very underrated OLB. He was EVERYWHERE in that game. I was very impressed with him. The offense did well against a good front seven, and torched a very poor secondary, aside from probably Dunta Robinson, who is probably the 2nd best CB in the AFC South. But, I assure you, the Titans defense is much better than the Texans.

My Key Matchups:

Alge Crumplers vs Keith Bulluck: Crumpler is a big TE with great hands. It will be up to Keith Bulluck to contain him, and possible David Thornton, who is faster and more athletic than Bulluck, but not as good of tackler.

John Abraham vs Michael Roos: Abraham is an amazing pass rusher, but Roos is proving to be a great LT and has contained the likes of Dwight Freeney.

The Falcons' Guards and Center vs Albert Haynesworth: Haynesworth is a monster. He eats babies and kicks puppies. Warrick Dunn and Jerious Norwood beware. Oh, not to mention, he's having a monster year.

There are a lot of catalysts to this game and uncertainties, but I'm sure it will be a good one. Good luck to you guys, and here's to a game with no injuries!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 07:30 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we have legit shot. The Titans don't scare me, despite a solid defense thus far and Vince Young.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 03:44 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Yeah, we've got a decent shot. The key question, to me, is whether Joey can maintain his current form away from home, when it gets seriously loud on 3rd down. He seemed to panic in the first two weeks when the play clock got low, and the noise got loud, and the LBers started crowding the line...

I think the Titans will have the better of the running game, on both sides, but we might be able to move the ball well enough through the air to counteract that.

And obviously we have to stop Vince. On the upside, we have serious speed at OLB, so we have the athleticism to do so.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:57 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boley > VY

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 10-04-2007, 10:28 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boley is a beast.

Anyone else see his listed weight on NFL.com? 229 coming out of college, now over 240. I love the kid. I remember he said he would be the best LB out of his class. While there were a ton of good LBs that year (Merriman, Derrick Johnson, DeMarcus Ware, Channing Crowder, Lofa Tatupu, Thomas Davis, Barrett Ruud, LeRoy Hill, Kirk Morrison), Boley is a great player and I would take him over most of them. Probably over all the 4-3 LB except maybe Derrick Johnson or Kirk Morrison. Maybe.

Old 10-05-2007, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's gut check time for the Falcons' defense. The Titans have arguably the best O-Line in football and have a dominant rushing attack. It's going to be ugly if the same defense that allowed Deshaun Foster to run up and down the field on them shows up this week.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 03:49 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

What a beastly LB class. Wow.

Old 10-06-2007, 04:03 PM    (permalink
oldLibid21
Veteran

oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Keys to Victory against Tennessee

Keys to Victory against the Tennessee Titans
by Matt Libid
http://falconsflock.com/

Here we are facing the Tennessee Titans, us being 1-3 (should be 2-2, maybe even 3-1) on week 5 of the regular season. Atlanta’s faced plenty of challenges already, and we’ve already lost the man that had been the face of the franchise for more than six years. Teams seem to have the grasp of our offense when they put together a gameplan. What have emerged out of the cloud of conspiracy on this team have been playmakers in the form of Roddy White, Michael Jenkins, and Joey Harrington even. On the defensive side of the playmakers on this roster are John Abraham, Michael Boley, and Keith Brooking who have stepped up their gameplay the past week.

Atlanta has a very challenging game ahead of them against Vince Young and the Titans. Vince Young has thrown for over 426 yards this season, completing 63% of his passes. It’ll be a challenge to pressure him with the way the Titans offensive line has been playing this year only getting Vince Young sacked 4 times. It also doesn’t help Atlanta’s matter that Vince Young is intelligently mobile enough to escape the sack and be able to make big plays out of nothing. Vince Young has shown the NFL this year by running for 96 yards in 21 attempts.

So with no further ado, the keys to winning this game for Atlanta…

Offense:
1) We need to protect Joey.
Just like any other quarterback, Joey Harrington plays a lot better when he’s not on his ###### every three passing plays. Todd McClure and Justin Blalock will have a tough time blocking Haynesworth alone. All of the offensive linemen today have to play their best game of the year to keep Harrington from getting pressured all day.

2) Establish the run.
Warrick Dunn and Jerious Norwood have been getting stuffed every game this season. Dunn needs to manage more than 3 yards a carry, and Norwood needs to show us his big-play ability this season like he’s showed us so many times in his rookie year. The offensive linemen have to push the defensive linemen and show off what Petrino means by “power blocking”. Once we’ve established the run, we can…

3) Pass the ball!
The Titan’s secondary isn’t too impressive. We can either throw it to Harper’s direction all day, which would wear him out, or just keep in Roddy and Jenkins hands. They’ve showed enough ability this year to show that the first round picks were worth it.

Defense:
1) Force Vince Young’s scrambling style of play to stay hidden the whole game.
Vince Young is surprisingly mobile for his size, and defensive backs have had a lot of trouble bringing him down. The linebackers need to be aware of Vince Young’s position on the field at all times. Vince Young knows that pressure will be coming from the edges in the form of John Abraham and Jamaal Anderson, and that’s enough reason for Vince Young to get his ###### out of there fast. We need to stay alert out there with Vince Young and force him to throw the ball and make a mistake.

2) Stuff the rush.
We can’t afford to let the Titans run all over us. Once we show our weakest link, the Titans will go Runnin ‘N’ Gunnin on our asses, and the game will go down the sinkhole from there on out. LenDale White is nothing special, and Chris Brown was a fluke on week 1. Once we stuff the rush, the pressure will amount on Vince Young to make some plays.

3) DeAngelo Hall needs to play some football.
Believe it or not, this knuckle head is one of the most important players on our roster. Although I’m not very confident in his ability to keep his cool out there, we’re going to have to manage on just hope that he doesn’t focus on trash talk on the field but more on playing some hard-nose tackle football. We all know that Hall has the ability to shut out any wide receiver out there, and Brandon Jones isn’t an exception. Hall forced Steve Smith to manage with only 1 catch for about 10 yards against Carolina before he exploded.
---

Atlanta has a good chance of winning this game. Some of the key points I listed have been performed inconsistently by Atlanta. Petrino knows what’s ahead of us against this team, and Zimmer needs to be aware of what dangerous weapons that the Titans have. Once we overlook someone on Tennessee’s roster, we’ve already lost the game.
oldLibid21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 04:05 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
What a beastly LB class. Wow.
Definitely.

Old 10-07-2007, 08:37 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MLibi, did you seriously just say that Keith Brooking is more of a playmaker then DeAngelo Hall?
Old 10-07-2007, 01:17 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

I think Hall playedsome football right there.

Old 10-07-2007, 02:38 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Michael Boley=beast.

Jamal Anderson making things happen out there. I cant belive idiots wanted to get on the guys back after 4 games
Old 10-07-2007, 03:19 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see Abe hasn't done anything today, but that isn't always the full story. How's he faired today?
Old 10-07-2007, 03:24 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

michael roos and stewart have consistently shut him down. their o-lines been dominant and their d-lines been dominant.

our offense sucks on the road.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 04:05 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya'll should win this game, this game has sucked for both teams and now ya'll have the ball at the one.....

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 04:15 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

..but we lost.
Old 10-07-2007, 04:18 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was terrible, but we won and i still don't know how.....

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 04:19 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

How do you mess up 1st and goal on the 1?

Just wow.

Old 10-07-2007, 04:26 PM    (permalink
joercky
Rookie

joercky needs more cowbell.

wow Petrino benched Harrington. How you get 31 passes and only get 87 yards is beyond me.

Bluto I'm a zit get it. http://youtube.com/watch?v=qft0bdhl17c

Cartman- Kyle get that sand out of your vagina.
joercky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That had to be one of the ugliest games ever
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 04:41 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Wow. 5 turnovers forced and a loss. And now we have some real fun to come with the QB position...

On the upside, the D played brilliantly. But the O-line was totally outclassed by the Titans front 7.
Old 10-07-2007, 05:58 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

harrington is pure class at home but under pressure on the road just kills him. it still didnt deserved getting benched to leftwich though. bad decision on petrinos part imo, unless there was a minor injury. i really think with harrington, we wouldve squeaked outta nashville with the win. kudos to the defense and special teams, especially boley and norwood, who showed up to play in contrast to the offense.