Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 10-04-2007, 04:24 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Andre Woodson

So is it safe to assume that he is better than Brohm?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 04:27 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think so..

better stats
better competition
more success.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like him better than Brohm, but I think the odds are better that the team ends up with Brohm. Right now I think Woodson is the #1 pick right now, unless a team has absolutely no need for a QB. I think Atlanta will finish with a record that will earn a 5-6 draft slot.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 04:38 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
So is it safe to assume that he is better than Brohm?
I think so, physically he is superior to Brohm, Woodson is very accurate, has a nice arm and can go deep, his mechanics are good, he is a great leader, and #1 is he never makes stupid throws. He has the NCAA record for most passes thrown without an interception, his ceiling is high. Brohm I see has a gunslinger who can get himself in trouble like a Marc Bulger or worst case scenario a Rex Grossman, but with Petrino it will be interesting, kinda like Tennessee in which everyone thought they would take Leinart because of Norm Chow, but they decided instead to make the smart move and take the better QB.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 04:58 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
I think so, physically he is superior to Brohm, Woodson is very accurate, has a nice arm and can go deep, his mechanics are good, he is a great leader, and #1 is he never makes stupid throws. He has the NCAA record for most passes thrown without an interception, his ceiling is high. Brohm I see has a gunslinger who can get himself in trouble like a Marc Bulger or worst case scenario a Rex Grossman, but with Petrino it will be interesting, kinda like Tennessee in which everyone thought they would take Leinart because of Norm Chow, but they decided instead to make the smart move and take the better QB.
I hope we do the same thing. Petrino doesnt have much say in drafting, but there might be a small chance we take Brohm over Woodson. I would be pissed though.

At the rate we are going though, I think we will be picking outside the top5, and Brohm will slip, so we can still have him. That would be a pretty good scenario.

Or if all else fails, we can take Kenny Phillips and get the stud safety I have always wanted.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 10-04-2007, 05:40 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im sure he will have much to learn in the NFL like any rookie QB but i think he will be ready to start from day one
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 05:40 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah wouldn't you guys have taken Landry over Anderson if he was there, I heard Landry was #1 defensive player on the Falcons draft board.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 06:37 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
Yeah wouldn't you guys have taken Landry over Anderson if he was there, I heard Landry was #1 defensive player on the Falcons draft board.
Why do you think I was so pissed off when you guys drafted Landry?

Safety isnt that much of a need this year though. We have Jimmy Williams at FS, and he has shown promise, but still is very inconsistent. I dont know how much longer Milloy can hold down the fort at SS. His back up Stone looked good, but that was preseason and he was a 6th round pick. We will see.

I will be honestly surprised to see us draft Phillips though. We have alot of other bigger needs.

Great. Now I am pissed off we didnt get Landry again. And Huff the year before.

I want Woodson though. So badly.

Old 10-04-2007, 06:41 PM    (permalink
litlharsh
Veteran

litlharsh hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.litlharsh hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If Washington didn't take Landry, reports were coming in that he was the pick over Peterson on the Vikings' board. Thank god that didn't happen.
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
Keyshawn because i just hate T.O. he is a cocky son of a biscuit
But an athletic marvel for a second generation confectionary product
litlharsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 06:43 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

I cant believe we missed out on Landry and Peterson because Washington and Minnesota took em out of the blue. No one saw those picks coming.

Old 10-04-2007, 06:51 PM    (permalink
litlharsh
Veteran

litlharsh hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.litlharsh hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Washington - Landry was definitely WTF? I was so pissed they took him at the time. Peterson to MN had been going on for a while though. speculation abound.

And I can see how you'd be totally pissed. That sucks.
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
Keyshawn because i just hate T.O. he is a cocky son of a biscuit
But an athletic marvel for a second generation confectionary product
litlharsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 08:00 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My ideal draft would actually be Darren McFadden followed up by Dennis Dixon. I love Dixon's arm and playmaking ability in Petrino's scheme, and we all know DMac. Might just be me though.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:25 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
My ideal draft would actually be Darren McFadden followed up by Dennis Dixon. I love Dixon's arm and playmaking ability in Petrino's scheme, and we all know DMac. Might just be me though.
my ideal would be the same except we trade up to the late 1st for matt ryan if he is there. we would be losing a draft pick in the second but i'm starting to become a believer that the 'traditional' qb is what it takes to be a superbowl contender and eventual winner.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:29 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

woodsons been disappointing in the first half.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:17 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Petrino can make any QB work this offense. We have two highly talented QBs on the roster already, and this QB class is deep.

Brian Brohm
Andre Woodson
Matt Ryan
Sam Keller
Denis Dixon
Chad Henne
Erik Ainge
Colt Brennan

Pretty deep. Right now I would say the running game is our biggest offensive weakness, and it seems we like Norwood in different roles so when he does touch the ball he is fresh. Maybe that is his best role? But if we do end up with the top pick, I like McFadden all the way. Most talented player in the draft, and IMO a need.

Early mock draft...

1: Darren McFadden, RB Arkansas
2a: Sam Keller, QB Nebraska
2b: Tony Hills, OT Newberry
3: Darien Williams, S Oklahoma
4: Marcus Harrison, DT Arkansas
5: Rodrick Johnson, MLB Oklahoma State
6: Brandon Coutou, K Georgia
7: Leodis McKelvin, CB Troy
7: Rob Jackson, DE Kansas State

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 09:55 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think there are just way too many options for this team as far as the draft goes. I like Sam, but I'm quickly becoming a bigger fan of Dennis...
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 10:20 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by litlharsh View Post
Washington - Landry was definitely WTF? I was so pissed they took him at the time. Peterson to MN had been going on for a while though. speculation abound.

And I can see how you'd be totally pissed. That sucks.
actually both picks were speculated well in advance and to me landry wasnt as big of a surprise as peterson. o well nothin beats ted ginn.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 01:39 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want the next QB of the Falcons to be as different from Michael Vick as possible. No Dixon!

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 01:40 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys still like Woodson after today's performance?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 04:50 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I want the next QB of the Falcons to be as different from Michael Vick as possible. No Dixon!
Haha. I thought Mike had a ton of potential in Petrino's system where a big arm and athletism can be deadly, which is part of the reason I've liked Dixon so much.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:51 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
You guys still like Woodson after today's performance?

Yes. The fumbles where huge, but look at his passing stats. They are still pretty solid.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:35 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Yes. The fumbles where huge, but look at his passing stats. They are still pretty solid.
I'm not really bothered by the fumbles. It's the poor decision making, not knowing how to handle pressure in the backfield, zero elusiveness and hit or miss accuracy. He basically looked like a bus driver type QB. He couldn't rally his team and didn't show signs of being able to take the game over. Looks too robotic, imo. Brohm is a much better QB in almost every facet of the game.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 09:23 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Dixon is the man...I want a QB who can move...not run...move. Dixon is a good athlete but he's not going to pull it down and run every opportunity he gets either. I dunno...I'd love to bring Stewart and Dixon both here in the 2nd round if that was possible and then in the first round take a Sam Baker or someone like that...or Rey if he comes out.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:43 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I'm not really bothered by the fumbles. It's the poor decision making, not knowing how to handle pressure in the backfield, zero elusiveness and hit or miss accuracy. He basically looked like a bus driver type QB. He couldn't rally his team and didn't show signs of being able to take the game over. Looks too robotic, imo. Brohm is a much better QB in almost every facet of the game.

Personally I didn't see the game, but Brohm hasn't impressed me at all so far.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:32 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Have you watched him play though? He's incredibly impressive. He's ELITE no matter what year he comes out. He would have challenged for #1 with JaMarcus last year. He's got everything you could want in a QB...really. Great head on his shoulders, great decisions, gets the ball out of his hands quick, and can throw a deep ball that's for darn sure. Beautiful touch on his passes...I like Woodson but I can't get away from Brohm, I think we're over skeptical simply because it's the easy thing to do would be to bring him back with his old College coach. But Brohm is an elite talent no doubt about it.