Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 10-08-2007, 03:37 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default W6 (MNF) Giants vs. Falcons

What I learned last week:
  • Michael Boley is a stud, period. I absolutely love having him.
  • Jamaal Anderson did very well, he just needs to notch a sack here or there.
  • The defense has the potential to play very well on any given week.
  • For some reason the offense and defense are unable to play well at the same time.
  • Joey Harrington is way too inconsistent. Hopefully for this game he's a home/road guy.
  • Byron Leftwich looked awful and there is no way he should have been in the game.
  • Atlanta needs a RB in the worst way. Warrick Dunn is looking his age and Norwood hasn't progressed like I would have wanted.
I am terrified this next week because Osi Umenyiora gets to terrorize Renaldo Forster. This could get ugly. He may get double digit sacks for the season in six games!

Last edited by Shiver : 10-08-2007 at 01:21 PM.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 03:52 AM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Renardo Forster, you mean aye? And yeah did you see what Alge said after the game? its on AF.com msg boards, the team is starting to get fired up at our coaches

Heres a Scenario. Would you (hypotheticaly)
A) sign Michael Turner and draft a stud MLBer? Personally i love Rey Rey. Him and Boley, yikes
B) sign Karlos Dansby and draft McFadden

Last edited by DraftMichaelHuff : 10-08-2007 at 03:57 AM.
DraftMichaelHuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 08:34 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I didn't see it...what did he say?
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:30 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael Boley is such an animal.

Here's to hoping John Abraham makes Eli life a living hell!

I'm predicting 31-14 Giants.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:37 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boley is amazing. So well rounded.

Osi is gonna hurt us so much. Hopefuly we double team him and have quick 3 step drops and such. Othewise, their defense isnt too scary.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 12:26 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Well...I must say that we're going to have to force turnovers in bunches...Boley is going to have to stick with Shockley a lot, between him and Williams I think we'll be fine...but that means Jamaal has to show up in the pass rush as well as against the run. Grady had a HUGE game for us this week against the run, stuffing that strong up hill running the Titans have so that makes me more confident that we'll be able to handle Jacobs...but man he's strong. Plax causes matchup problems, even for Deangelo with his ability so I'm excited to watch that. Offensively we have to hit backs in the flats and spread that D out as much as possible. Osi the last 2 weeks has been a terror. Sacks come in bunches, so either he's going to be an animal or we'll finally shut him down, but it's not like they don't have other ways to force pressure with their defense...
Old 10-08-2007, 01:14 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am really excited to see Hall match up on Burress. Burress has such a height advantage. Hall could be made out to look like a fool this game.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftMichaelHuff View Post
Renardo Forster, you mean aye?
It was late and I was thinking about the former Broncos' OT. LOL

Quote:
And yeah did you see what Alge said after the game? its on AF.com msg boards, the team is starting to get fired up at our coaches
Alge just doesn't understand that it IS a rebuilding year and they want to phase out the old players who are unproductive. I thought Alge's rant was thoughtless and ill conceived. He needs to realize that the team just isn't good right now, so they might as well develop young players.

Quote:
A) sign Michael Turner and draft a stud MLBer? Personally i love Rey Rey. Him and Boley, yikes
I would definitely go with option B.

Old 10-08-2007, 01:33 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftMichaelHuff View Post
Renardo Forster, you mean aye? And yeah did you see what Alge said after the game? its on AF.com msg boards, the team is starting to get fired up at our coaches

um, maybe it's just me but when did MLB become the biggest need? cause I have it like #8...

LT
QB
RB
RT
NT
SS
WLB (should D-mo leave)
MLB

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 05:43 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988 View Post
um, maybe it's just me but when did MLB become the biggest need? cause I have it like #8...

LT
QB
RB
RT
NT
SS
WLB (should D-mo leave)
MLB
to me Brooking has lost a step big time, alot of people see that, he makes contact but the guy doesnt come down for another 2 yards, he is slow, he cant cover . To me we have alot of needs and we should try to maximise value for them. If we sign a RB and are happy with Joey's play, (the two hypotheticals for the above scenario) then I'm happy to draft a MLB in round one. Especially with guys like Barry Richardson and Tony Hills as well as Frank Okam and Red Bryant likley to be great value in the 2nd, Richardson and Okam would be great value, 4 2nd round steals in 2 years.

SS- I think Crocker has improved this year. I fully expect him to slide to SS to replace Lawyer when he retires and Jimmy to finally click and become the FS and with Stone backing up at SS, i dont want to draft a FS before very late in the draft, or maybe bring in a vet in F/A. So compared with everywhere else I wouldnt rate SS all that highley

WLB - I'm impressed with Nicolas not a need IMO except for some depth behind him
Old 10-08-2007, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

As for first round priorities here are mine:

QB
LT
DT
RB
MLB
RT

Old 10-08-2007, 07:13 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post

QB
LT
DT
RB
MLB
RT

It really depends who is still around when we are picking.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Well it's always about B.P.A.

Old 10-08-2007, 10:52 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

Quote:

QB
LT
DT
RB
MLB
RT
yup and im 100% sure that at least one of them will be taken care of via F/A. it wont be the QB or OT's for obivious reasons. Qb is a need, the degree to which depends on Joey though. Therefore a MLB in earlier rounds isnt all that crazy, IMO. No more so than HB and DT.

NEWS
Wayne Gandy, out for the year, i wonder how Forster will go. Can't be any worse than Blalock so far

Last edited by DraftMichaelHuff : 10-08-2007 at 10:59 PM.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Blalock is learning a new position, I will expect improvement soon though.

Old 10-09-2007, 07:01 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Harrington still your qb for MNF against us?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 08:29 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Yes he is, but apparently he is on a tight leash.

Old 10-09-2007, 12:58 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Quote:
What I learned last week:
  • Michael Boley is a stud, period. I absolutely love having him.
  • Jamaal Anderson did very well, he just needs to notch a sack here or there.
  • The defense has the potential to play very well on any given week.
  • For some reason the offense and defense are unable to play well at the same time.
  • Joey Harrington is way too inconsistent. Hopefully for this game he's a home/road guy.
  • Byron Leftwich looked awful and there is no way he should have been in the game.
  • Atlanta needs a RB in the worst way. Warrick Dunn is looking his age and Norwood hasn't progressed like I would have wanted.
I am terrified this next week because Osi Umenyiora gets to terrorize Renaldo Forster. This could get ugly. He may get double digit sacks for the season in six games!
I'd add to that: Trey Lewis is already very solid against the run, and will get better as he matures.

It could get ugly on Monday Night, but there is a silver lining to Gandy's injury. We knew that Gandy was done at the end of the year. This way, we'll get to see what Foster's got over the course of a year. We could get lucky, and find that we have a diamond in the rough.

However, that's about a 100/1 shot right now, so my list of priorities is:

1. QB

There's no future in having a QB who can't deal with pressure. Even the best O-lines get beat every so often, and Harrington has shown consistently that he collapses at the first sign of pressure (both physical and mental). Yes, we need an LT, but I'd rather have our pick of the QBs in the 1st and then look to move around a little with our 2nd rounders to get the OT we want.

2. LT

3. DT (even with the emergence of Trey, we need another guy)

4. RB

5. MLB
Old 10-09-2007, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

If Trey Lewis keeps it up then that moves DT under RB for me. I think that Petrino's offense needs a RB who can run between the tackles to succeed. Jerious Norwood is clearly not a feature back and Warrick Dunn is terrible right now and likely won't be resigned.

Old 10-09-2007, 03:18 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

My list is...

1.) LT
2.) RB
3.) QB
4.) NT
5.) MLB

My view of available talent in the draft.

1.) QB
2.) RB
3.) MLB
4.) LT
5.) NT

It may be a little different than that, I'm assuming that at MLB Rey is coming out and there just aren't many BIG time DTs...so the crop isn't too deep. QB is SUPER deep...RB is getting deeper if the Juniors declare, which it's highly likely they will.

Ideally we'd be able to pry Michael Turner away from SD in Free Agency so we could have our free range of players to choose from. It's kinda annoying having SO many needs, but it's nice to have that many options. Trey Lewis is a STUD...him and Babs are going to hold it down, but we need that big body hold the point of attack guy like Grady is, but we're going to lose him soon. If we can't land Turner though, I think we have to select McFadden if he's an option for us.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

There are no MLB worthy of a high draft pick. Rey is good, but he is no AJ Hawk/Patrick Willis.

Old 10-09-2007, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You keep your hands off of McFadden.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 05:40 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
You keep your hands off of McFadden.

I refuse!

Old 10-09-2007, 07:46 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

Quote:
There are no MLB worthy of a high draft pick. Rey is good, but he is no AJ Hawk/Patrick Willis.
He doesnt have the awareness or smarts of those guys. But physically he is on par, better size but not as fast, i read somewhere he runs a 4.55 at 270lbs. Being that heavy and hitting that hard should be fun to watch.

NEWS
Falcons set to re-coup 20 mil in bonus money from Vick! That will count against the cap. WOW
Im not farmiliar with the cap really but an overpriced F/A say for eg Nate Clements, how much roughly does he count against S/F cap?
Now if we let Dunn go that another 5million.

We can do alot with that money.
1. Resign D Hall, i couldnt give a damn what people think of him, the man is a year younger than Giants rookie Aaron Ross AND has been in the league 4 years already. This year he is playing like we all know he can. Pay the man.

2 F/A targets that fit, (guys who are F/A on Footballs Future)
a) Karlos Dansby.
b) Max Starks.
c) Michael Turner.

Would i be correct in saying that concievably, with 25 mill in cleared space, and after resigning Hall that we could go over more than 1 of these guys?
Dansby, Turner and then Matt Ryan (1st) Okam (2nd) Richardson (2nd). Many of our needs would be filled by round 2. Then grab a Kicker and a RT. We be looking hot. *wakes up*

Last edited by DraftMichaelHuff : 10-09-2007 at 07:54 PM.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

That 20$ will be a big help next off-season as Petrino continues to remake the roster as he sees fit. Expect a lot of new faces. Especially as old school players like Warrick Dunn, Lawyer Milloy are on their way out.