Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-08-2007, 11:11 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
No that was you. I was behind the Folk pick from the beginning. Look it up.
haha...maybe you should look it up. I knew Crosby was going to be drafted later. I know you were backing him (Folk) but, I didnt want Crosby at all.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 10-08-2007 at 11:14 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 11:13 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great game Dallas. i have to give you props. 31 other teams would have gave up. I have to say my prediction was right even though you all won
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 11:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
haha...maybe you should look it up. I knew Crosby was going to be drafted later. I know you were backing him but, I didnt want Crosby at all.
In my opinion anyone who didn't fill out that thread of "If you were the Cowboys GM" that has been stickied since draft day CANNOT claim that they thought this and that. A lot of people including you posted that you would fill it out, but you never did. I don't think you or LSU can claim anything.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 11:15 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I loved the game, but here are my observations

GOOD NEWS

1) 5-0 in spite of a horrid Romo game
2) Defense played pretty good though it took them too long to "contain" the check down routes. The LB's where invisible in pass coverage until Ware's tip INT (*** which saved the game*****).
3) Pretty good pass protection
4) Pretty good pressure in spite of those check down routes
5) We have a FG kicker.

BAD NEWS

1) Bad Tony showed up today to confirm he exists-- like to point out the field was wet due to an earlier storm
2) Special Teams Punt and Kickoff Coverage gotta get fixed soon
3) Running Game was poor. Julius is just a nothing.
4) TO dropped like 7 passes today. He is dropping them more than last year.
5) Time Out usage was poor -- second time this year I have noticed it. We burned one unnecessarily prior to the 2 pt conversion. If you score that play should be called and you save time in case you need the on side
6) D took some time adjusting to the underneath routes. Like 3 quarters.

I TOLD POCKETACES SO ...

1) Uh Pocket, think we could use Sidney Rice in the red zone?
2) U Pocket, see those lazy passes off the back foot getting picked?

** I think we can blow-out New England and win but we need good Tony and a running game. If not we may get blown out.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 11:17 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
In my opinion anyone who didn't fill out that thread of "If you were the Cowboys GM" that has been stickied since draft day CANNOT claim that they thought this and that. A lot of people including you thought posted that you would fill it out, but you never did. I don't think you or LSU can claim anything.
we have a bunch of threads with our comments...dang, it's not a big deal but, I obviously know who i wanted and who i didnt and it's all over the cowboy archive threads.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-08-2007, 11:17 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Nick Folk made two game winning FG. And you have to give credit to our D. they were exceptional with only 3pts given up. Bradie James is certified stud in my book. ANd jason Wittne contiues to have a great year.

I am not sweating the 6 TO night for Romo...Okay maybe a little. But the man came back and put us in a position to win. Love the toughness.

TO has the dropsies agian.
He dropped 4 passes tonite. Last week I think he dropped 3.

Not sure how they keep stats but he is worse than last year.

The guy has horrid hands. I am shocked they even ran the fade into the endzone with him.

He just can not catch the ball with his hands.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:18 PM    (permalink
yno88
Rookie

yno88 could make a wolverine purr.yno88 could make a wolverine purr.yno88 could make a wolverine purr.yno88 could make a wolverine purr.yno88 could make a wolverine purr.yno88 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yno88 View Post
I think the key to the game for us is our defensive front 7. Get a strong pass rush and play smart in the running game--don't overpursue or lose gap control.

I think the rest takes care of itself.

The DL and LBs did it by not letting Buffalo run out the clock. Lynch was stuffed on 1st and 2nd down when we needed them not to run the clock in the late 3rd and 4th quarters. That was the key.

Incredible game. Got all the kids outta bed at 1:57 in the 4th quarter.

But the Yankees went out which is obviously a much slower and more boring story which ESPN wants to run. Whatever.
yno88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hated the fade route call to T.O.
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Great game Dallas. i have to give you props. 31 other teams would have gave up. I have to say my prediction was right even though you all won
Good game buddy, thanks for being a good sport!!!

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 11:19 PM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think Julius actually had a better game tonight.
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
I was hoping Romo would take it in himself...that was just a horrible play call, imo.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Prediction was spot on. Good job.
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
Wow, just wow. And go f*** yourself Jauron, Nick Folk made two straight attempts. Damn, Nick is money.
They need to change that rule.

I know why they do it but it seems kind of scummy loophole.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I was hoping Romo would take it in himself...that was just a horrible play call, imo.
I was expecting something with the guy lined up behind the guard. T.O. really let us down today.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
Agreed completely. I was calling for a quick hit to witten or QB draw something like that. But blessing in disguise I guess seeing that would of only tied the game for us :).
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 11:21 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post

It's awful...week after week after week...in the pros and college. It needs to be fixed...it's just pissing people off.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post

I knew it was coming too. Folk makes it and my dad is giggling (Steelers Fan) because he knew the timeout was coming.
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Would have been nice to have a "Sidney Rice" type receiver a few times tonite.

Not always gonna blow them out ya know.
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
we have a bunch of threads with our comments...dang, it's not a big deal but, I obviously know who i wanted and who i didnt and it's all over the cowboy archive threads.
I just hate it when guys want to call something and say they were the only ones when they themselves have no proof of what they were claiming. Happens all the time on this board. ...and it's irritating. Whatevers, it's not a big deal. Cowboys got the friggin' win. Craziest game ever.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:22 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
In my opinion anyone who didn't fill out that thread of "If you were the Cowboys GM" that has been stickied since draft day CANNOT claim that they thought this and that. A lot of people including you posted that you would fill it out, but you never did. I don't think you or LSU can claim anything.
Uhhhh, I hope you're not getting upset by this.

Pop the cork, we just had another crazy monday night win. Very similar to two years ago against philly and like back in 96 or 97 against philly. Can't remember the exact year, but we won on a dropped hold by the holder.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Agreed completely. I was calling for a quick hit to witten or QB draw something like that. But blessing in disguise I guess seeing that would of only tied the game for us :).
The call was ok. Romo threw it too low.
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I think we would've won in OT, though. The underneath stuff was open the whole 4th quarter and Romo finally took advantage of it. Barber kicked butt on the TD drive, too.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Uhhhh, I hope you're not getting upset by this.

Pop the cork, we just had another crazy monday night win. Very similar to two years ago against philly and like back in 96 or 97 against philly. Can't remember the exact year, but we won on a dropped hold by the holder.
Ahh yes the Roy Williams pick 6 and Mcnabb injury game. Awesome
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Quote:
The call was ok. Romo threw it too low.
I thought T.O. didn't go up for the ball enough.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:24 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
I just hate it when guys want to call something and say they were the only ones when they themselves have no proof of what they were claiming. Happens all the time on this board. ...and it's irritating. Whatevers, it's not a big deal. Cowboys got the friggin' win. Craziest game ever.
Last comment on this one...I never said I wanted Folk...if yall remember I didnt even want a kicker...I had like one early mock w/ medlock (thank god that didnt happen) but, I really didnt even want one. But, yeah...really it's no big deal. Back to the game...we're 5-0 baby...haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS