Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-08-2007, 11:24 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Agreed completely. I was calling for a quick hit to witten or QB draw something like that. But blessing in disguise I guess seeing that would of only tied the game for us :).
Paul / All,

Buffalo played proper Cover 2 all night and it gave us trouble. To say a qucik hitter, I mean, dog, did you see all those INTs? Those Buffalo LBers and Safeties did a good job.

Fact is Tony Romo and Garrett need to figure out the square in and skinny post with our WR. I think Tony can zip it but not if he is lobbing up the ball like he did today wayyyyyyyy too many times.

Zip it kid.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 11:25 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That last Td...I really wanted to see the draw to Marion. Romo was scary tonight...I dont what was wrong w/ him but, good lord was he off.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 11:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
I thought T.O. didn't go up for the ball enough.
No, watch the replay again. TO was up there way over the receiver. The ball was thrown too low.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
Paul / All,

Buffalo played proper Cover 2 all night and it gave us trouble. To say a qucik hitter, I mean, dog, did you see all those INTs? Those Buffalo LBers and Safeties did a good job.

Fact is Tony Romo and Garrett need to figure out the square in and skinny post with our WR. I think Tony can zip it but not if he is lobbing up the ball like he did today wayyyyyyyy too many times.

Zip it kid.
Just to go along with what you're saying, we had the middle of the field all day and if Romo had taken a couple more checkdowns then we would've killed them in the 2nd half.

Admitted, Buffalo caught us off guard and the corners and safeties weren't afraid at all.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:27 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
I thought T.O. didn't go up for the ball enough.
He was up there but his hand where too low.

You need to extend and use your finger tips to catch the ball.

TO just has horrid hands. That simple.

Say it till I am blue, we could use a big WR to go out and pick it.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:28 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
That last Td...I really wanted to see the draw to Marion. Romo was scary tonight...I dont what was wrong w/ him but, good lord was he off.
Field was wet.

Same as Seattle.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Field was wet.

Same as Seattle.
I wonder if Gurode has something to do with Romo's perceived lack of accuracy during wet conditions...
Old 10-08-2007, 11:29 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Hey, TNew is not 100%.

There is no way in hell Lee Evans should have caught him from behind.

I know Lee can run but dog....... hit the jets.

Also DWare played a great game.
Prime Time
Rookie

Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.

Personally Im A Niners Fan But Wow I Gotta Give It To U Guys, Great Win From Behind But Really - I Got 2 Words For U....

Actually 3....

Nickkkkkk Fuckingggggggggg Folkkkkkkkkkk

Prime Time is offline   Reply With Quote
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TO is at his best when he's running crossing routes, square in's, posts, etc. Do you see what I'm getting at? All across the middle of the field. We weren't getting him into the area of field where he creates most of the damage.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just saw the replay, the ball was abit low on the fade.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 11:30 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
I wonder if Gurode has something to do with Romo's perceived lack of accuracy during wet conditions...
Never thought of it.

I just think Tony has smallish hands or too firm a grip on the ball and when the grass is wet the ball is slicker.

Aikman had the same problem. Rain was like kryptonite.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Game balls:

Folk: Obvious.
Crayton: Best WR today with a couple of big plays.
Tony Curtis: ST play saved us.
Ware/Newman: They both played well and Newman had the big INT.
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LMAO@the shot of Michael Irving after the game winning fg lol...classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As for Romo, I'm not too worried about his performance tonight. He played like ****, but to be honest his confidence is pretty high. Just watching him in the post game conference, you can see this won't bother him. He was joking around about it and he'll move forward to prepare for the Patriots.

robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Just saw the replay, the ball was abit low on the fade.
That is caught by Cris Carter or Randy Moss.

But you need to use your finger tips.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:32 PM    (permalink
yno88
Rookie

yno88 could make a wolverine purr.yno88 could make a wolverine purr.yno88 could make a wolverine purr.yno88 could make a wolverine purr.yno88 could make a wolverine purr.yno88 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I loved the game, but here are my observations

5) Time Out usage was poor -- second time this year I have noticed it. We burned one unnecessarily prior to the 2 pt conversion. If you score that play should be called and you save time in case you need the on side
Great observations. I take issue with this. You don't call the 2 point conversion play, you call the play in case the TD play fails. At like 0:47 in the game we had 3 timeouts and a dead ball. That gave our coaches time to sort through the chaos and make a decent call when the game was on the line. The offense did a great job of getting up to the line and getting the ball off when it mattered--as shown by the spike at the end of the game with 0:01.

T New's pick was huge even though the offense didn't capitalize.

TO dropped a 2 pointer but for once our special teams bailed us out rather than killing us. Five and Oh. Now we're gonna see the Rex Grossman comparisons to Romo and the doubting of Garrett and all that.
yno88 is offline   Reply With Quote
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

O and I also wanted to add, for obvious reasons shown tonight are why I want to keep players like Crayton, clutch...I feel safe when the ball is thrown to him more so then TO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
TO is at his best when he's running crossing routes, square in's, posts, etc. Do you see what I'm getting at? All across the middle of the field. We weren't getting him into the area of field where he creates most of the damage.
On the 5th INT he was wide open in the middle of the field.

Romo's 2nd half:

21-34 210 yards 1 TD 1 INT

Eh... Nothing to write home about, but he was huge on the last drive.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:33 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Game balls:

Folk: Obvious.
Crayton: Best WR today with a couple of big plays.
Tony Curtis: ST play saved us.
Ware/Newman: They both played well and Newman had the big INT.
Folk (Dog!!!!!) and Ware (1.5 sacks and tipped pass that saved us 3 points).

Crayton was fine. TNew got the benefit of Ware. Curtis made one play. But they were JAGS tonite.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
As for Romo, I'm not too worried about his performance tonight. He played like ****, but to be honest his confidence is pretty high. Just watching him in the post game conference, you can see this won't bother him. He was joking around about it and he'll move forward to prepare for the Patriots.
He was 9 for 11 supposedly on the last drive, so I think he'll be fine.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:34 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
That is caught by Cris Carter or Randy Moss.

But you need to use your finger tips.
No agruing that fact here, he should have caught that ball. Was it low, a bit? But great receivers come up with it.

Old 10-08-2007, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Folk (Dog!!!!!) and Ware (1.5 sacks and tipped pass that saved us 3 points).

Crayton was fine. TNew got the benefit of Ware. Curtis made one play. But they were JAGS tonite.
We wouldn't have won without Curtis' play, so it's more sentimental.

How many catches did Lee Evans have?
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well...Romo became the first QB in Cowboys history w/ four 300 yard games in one season....it's only week 5.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The defensive back made a great play (although I thought it was pass interference) on the ball on the two point conversion. I don't put any blame on TO on that one.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote